Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nonito Donaire Vs Guillermo Rigondeaux: Who Wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
    Everyone talks "Donaires power, Donaires power"... In his last 5 fights he has KOed 1 guy... Arce... TKO of Nishioka... Where is this magical power?

He can crack, great... he hasn't shown the ability to stop guys at 122 like he did at the lower weights.
    Yeah, Rigondeaux doesn't have to worry about Donaire's power at all. He should just bullrush him and attack recklessly, Nonito won't be able to hurt him. He should also pull a Mayorga and stick his chin out and let Nonito punch it a few times...Nonito couldn't crack an egg anyway.

Comment

• I think and I want Nonito to win. But, I would be very happy for Rigo if he won. This one is a pick em

Comment

• That jumping in stuff that Donaire has a habit of doing is what I see being a problem for him. Rigo's footwork and counter punching will put an end to that I think. It comes down to who will be able to successfully fight their fight and in almost every fight I watch of Donaire, he is jumping in. If he can't get his shots off in the manner that he normally does, will he be able to adapt? I think he will but will he be as successful? It is definitely an intriguing fight to say the least.

Comment

• I think donaire pulls out a split decision, I think Rigo gives him hell in the middle to late rounds but Donaire digs down and earns the decision.

Comment

• Originally posted by mathed View Post
            That jumping in stuff that Donaire has a habit of doing is what I see being a problem for him. Rigo's footwork and counter punching will put an end to that I think. It comes down to who will be able to successfully fight their fight and in almost every fight I watch of Donaire, he is jumping in. If he can't get his shots off in the manner that he normally does, will he be able to adapt? I think he will but will he be as successful? It is definitely an intriguing fight to say the least.
            i think the interesting question is who would able to hurt who?

Comment

• Originally posted by chito View Post
              i think the interesting question is who would able to hurt who?
              I think both guys are capable of hurting the other but it's the shot that you don't see that'll put you out. I feel Rigo will be heavily defensive against Donaire's left hook so Donaire may have to focus on uppercuts or something.

Comment

• Originally posted by mathed View Post
                That jumping in stuff that Donaire has a habit of doing is what I see being a problem for him. Rigo's footwork and counter punching will put an end to that I think. It comes down to who will be able to successfully fight their fight and in almost every fight I watch of Donaire, he is jumping in. If he can't get his shots off in the manner that he normally does, will he be able to adapt? I think he will but will he be as successful? It is definitely an intriguing fight to say the least.
                donaire has alot of things to try, if he cracks the code on rigo's defensive posture, rigo is the one left with no answers

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Rolph Spicer View Post
                    True, the Cordoba fight was a while ago and Rigondeaux's gotten more seasoned since then. I'm of the thinking that "everyone has a plan until they get hit", and we haven't seen yet if Rigondeaux will be able to keep his presence of mind in the heat of battle against an elite fighter on a big professional stage like this. I just think that if he gets hurt he'll revert back to his amateur style and instincts, which is what he's known pretty much his whole boxing life.

Nothing wrong with that, but I highly doubt the judges will look favorably on someone who's potshotting and seemingly unwilling to engage. If he was the bigger draw he could get away with it, but Nonito's the A-side here so he'll have to make a good impression on the judges. But yeah, def gonna be good.
                    I must've watched that Cordoba "knockdown" two dozen times. I'm convinced that Rigo wasn't hurt, but his response to it was confusing. It still is. It's like he literally reverted to his amateur training. In the fight with Marroquin, Guille was caught with a couple of good left hooks. His response to both was completely different from that of the Cordoba fight. Now, there's little question in my mind that Donaire hits harder than Marroquin, but Robert is a big kid with good power. Rigondeaux appears to have learned something from his previous experience.

I must agree that "El Chacal" cannot afford to be overly defensive in the biggest fight of his life. I expect Nonito to take the fight to him. Quite frankly, I would be surprised if Rigo doesn't reply with some gusto. I'll be disgusted if he doesn't.

Comment

• i just hope rigondeaux doesn't retire or go onto become damaged goods after donaire, or else in retrospect it'll just be "that rigo guy never even beat anyone" "wow, he beat a guy with 10 fights, that deserves credit why?" "man, look at audley harrison, the am's and pro's are completely different" etc

Comment

Working...
                      X