Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nonito Donaire Vs Guillermo Rigondeaux: Who Wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
    Rigo can definitely do it. It comes down to whether he can avoid getting smashed with a crushing shot or being outworked. But you're right, Donaire loads up on that hook. It's one of the reasons why I don't see Guille being caught with that punch. Nonito misses a lot and gets hit a lot, so Rigondeaux will probably make him pay several times during the fight. I hope it's enough.
    I'm very concerned about Rigondeaux's body shots but I believe Donaire will keep his hands down to invite Rigondeaux to go for his head and then try to counter off that. This might come down to who has the better chin and if that's the case, Donaire gets the slight edge.

Comment

• Originally posted by Angelo89 View Post
      I'm very concerned about Rigondeaux's body shots but I believe Donaire will keep his hands down to invite Rigondeaux to go for his head and then try to counter off that. This might come down to who has the better chin and if that's the case, Donaire gets the slight edge.
      This is why this fight is such a great match-up; the outcome is far from certain. I wonder how close a poll between Donaire and Nishioka/Arce/Vazquez would have been. I don't think they would've been this close.

Comment

• Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
        This is why this fight is such a great match-up; the outcome is far from certain. I wonder how close a poll between Donaire and Nishioka/Arce/Vazquez would have been. I don't think they would've been this close.
        Its Real hard to pick, i like Donaire but its a tough pick and yeah over the last 3 guys i had Nonito BIG!

Comment

• what does "the jackal" means? jackas?

i was wondering what kind of fighter name himself the jackas

Comment

• Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
            Its Real hard to pick, i like Donaire but its a tough pick and yeah over the last 3 guys i had Nonito BIG!
            This is what I'm talking about. Despite what people might say about Rigo -- "he's unproven," "he's got a glass jaw," etc. -- Guillermo is a real challenge. Few people would've given any of those three a good chance of beating Donaire, despite having more pro fights, "better" chins, and what not. I've read a lot of negative comments about Rigo as a fighter these last couple of years. What's amazed me about this poll are the number of people that secretly have a lot of respect for "El Chacal." It's been eye-opening.

Comment

• As the fight gets closer Im really leaning towards Rigo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Still Blazin View Post
                As the fight gets closer Im really leaning towards Rigo.
                Strange how that happens. I've noticed that the poll has gotten tighter as the fight approaches. I'll bet that the gambling odds on this fight will be closer by fight time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Still Blazin View Post
                  As the fight gets closer Im really leaning towards Rigo.
                  ohhh snap.....

R.I.P Rigo.

You just got Burnered.

Comment

• While this is definitely a great, rare matchup between top fighters in a division, I feel like this won't be a great action fight at all. Rigondeaux will stink out the joint. If he tries to come forward and attack Nonito, then he's playing into Donaire's game as Donaire is a counter-puncher by nature. Factor in Nito's power, and Rigondeaux could be flat on his back staring up at the Radio City Music Hall lights being carried off on a stretcher if he gets too aggressive. If Donaire does KO Rigo, I think it'll be from a counter left hook over a lazy Rigondeaux southpaw jab.

Rigo's best bet is to stick and move away. Let Donaire come to him and counter off any openings Donaire leaves in his aggression. The thing is, Donaire is pretty smart himself, and will use feints and false openings to trap Rigo into opening up. This to me is where the beauty of the fight lies: who can set the other up better, who can capitalize on the openings created, who can set up the better traps, who's gonna be able to get their power smashes through.

All in all though, I think Rigo's amateur instincts will kick in and he'll fight like he did after the knockdown against Cordoba, potshotting and moving away. This'll happen especially after he feels Donaire's power, and he will unless he fights ultra-defensive from the get-go. It could be Donaire vs. Narvaez all over again.

I got Donaire in a non-controversial UD over Rigondeaux.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rolph Spicer View Post
                      While this is definitely a great, rare matchup between top fighters in a division, I feel like this won't be a great action fight at all. Rigondeaux will stink out the joint. If he tries to come forward and attack Nonito, then he's playing into Donaire's game as Donaire is a counter-puncher by nature. Factor in Nito's power, and Rigondeaux could be flat on his back staring up at the Radio City Music Hall lights being carried off on a stretcher if he gets too aggressive. If Donaire does KO Rigo, I think it'll be from a counter left hook over a lazy Rigondeaux southpaw jab.

Rigo's best bet is to stick and move away. Let Donaire come to him and counter off any openings Donaire leaves in his aggression. The thing is, Donaire is pretty smart himself, and will use feints and false openings to trap Rigo into opening up. This to me is where the beauty of the fight lies: who can set the other up better, who can capitalize on the openings created, who can set up the better traps, who's gonna be able to get their power smashes through.

All in all though, I think Rigo's amateur instincts will kick in and he'll fight like he did after the knockdown against Cordoba, potshotting and moving away. This'll happen especially after he feels Donaire's power, and he will unless he fights ultra-defensive from the get-go. It could be Donaire vs. Narvaez all over again.

I got Donaire in a non-controversial UD over Rigondeaux.
                      Nice breakdown. I see Donaire as the aggressor in this fight. I think the match will be more along the lines of your second paragraph. The Cordoba fight seems like ages ago. Rigo has developed some as a pro, otherwise the two Marroquin shots would've caused him to panic. I believe this fight is going to be tactical but active, a speed chess match. Nonito has proven he's willing to pursue and take chances, and I think Guillermo has traveled too long to give a less-than-honorable account of himself. This is going to be good.

Comment

Working...
                      X