Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nonito Donaire Vs Guillermo Rigondeaux: Who Wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So far it's 108-70 in favor of Donaire. (Who knows how many alts voted. lol) My honest impression is that many of the people favoring Nonito think Donaire will destroy Rigo, while Guillermo's supporters, with a few exceptions, just think "El Chacal" will simply win. Judging by the votes, so far, the outcome this fight is far from certain.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pacdbest View Post
      I said it in 2007! where were u guys in 2007?
      That statement would've made even less sense in 2007, when Floyd was still in his prime.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigAlexSand View Post
        Two complete different skill sets and ring IQ. He is not as technically sound like Floyd, if anything Rigondeaux has a style similar to Floyd!
        All I'm saying was, Donaire was a skilled fighter! Floyd's a Skilled fighter. Rigo Is a skilled fighter! Now , they're all different. Floyd's a defensively skilled fighter. Rigo's Skilled amateur! Donaire's a skilled KO artist.

Then they've their own weaknesses! Floyd, no balls. Rigo no chin, Donaire breakable Fist!

Comment

I said it in 2007! where were u guys in 2007?
          So his style changed, when it was previously working for him... Makes sense.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigAlexSand View Post
            Two complete different skill sets and ring IQ. He is not as technically sound like Floyd, if anything Rigondeaux has a style similar to Floyd!
            Rigo is much more comparable to Mayweather in terms of skill and style. I don't even want to start drawing comparisons between those two, but it cracks me up when these guys want to say that Donaire is more skilled than Guillermo. Nonito is skilled, yes, but not more so than Rigondeaux.

Comment

All I'm saying was, Donaire was a skilled fighter! Floyd's a Skilled fighter. Rigo Is a skilled fighter! Now , they're all different. Floyd's a defensively skilled fighter. Rigo's Skilled amateur! Donaire's a skilled KO artist.

Then they've their own weaknesses! Floyd, no balls. Rigo no chin, Donaire breakable Fist!
              The argument that Rigo has no chin is flawed. There are concerns about Rigo's chin, yes, but we haven't seen the proof yet. The guy has literally touched the canvass (because he wasn't actually knocked down) once in his entire career, pro and amateur. Then he was rocked by a couple of good shots in another fight. You consider that proof that Guille has a bad chin? I may as well call Nonito a runner because I saw him get on his bike a couple of times during his fights.

Comment

• Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                That statement would've made even less sense in 2007, when Floyd was still in his prime.
                They laugh at me in 2007! Now I'm laughing at them since 2007! Coz I'm right all along! And it's not Flash in the Pan! He's keep on Going & no ducking like Floyds!

Comment

Rigo is much more comparable to Mayweather in terms of skill and style. I don't even want to start drawing comparisons between those two, but it cracks me up when these guys want to say that Donaire is more skilled than Guillermo. Nonito is skilled, yes, but not more so than Rigondeaux.
                  Exactly... Two completely differently style boxers. Rigondeaux has a set skill most boxers do not have, and try years to gain that skill. While Donaire in my view is an unconventional brawler, with great athleticism.
                  Most people who say Donaire is a great conventional boxer, has never trained, or been in the ring. He is skilled in his sense but realistically Rigondeaux has a much better skill set.

Comment

The argument that Rigo has no chin is flawed. There are concerns about Rigo's chin, yes, but we haven't seen the proof yet. The guy has literally touched the canvass (because he wasn't actually knocked down) once in his entire career, pro and amateur. Then he was rocked by a couple of good shots in another fight. You consider that proof that Guille has a bad chin? I may as well call Nonito a runner because I saw him get on his bike a couple of times during his fights.
                    Amateur has Head gear! Pro doesn't! In 11 fights Rigo was down & In trouble already. KD with a weak Jab? Wobbled with a left hook? GOOD LUCK TO HIS CHIN!

When Rigo tried hard to hug Marroquin, That's the good indication, he rea;;y doesn't have it!(chin)
                    Last edited by Pacdbest; 02-27-2013, 12:25 PM.

Comment

Sounds like HBO ought to hire you as a director. lol

Too bad there are so few fights to judge Guillermo on, but there's just enough to see his evident talent and skills. It's going to be fascinating to see how these guys perform at the very highest level. I think in both cases neither fighter has ever fought anyone as good. It's clash of champions. How can you not love that?
                      I'm also intrigued by Rigo handles the media pressure and increased spotlight, as he has never fought in a fight this big and anticipated, especially by the hardcore fans. He just doesn't seem to get flustered in the ring very often and in contrast, in fights where he felt he had something to prove, Donaire at times has let his emotion get the best of him and start hurling himself at his opponents, Vazquez Jr. and Mathebula for instance, to get the KO. He will get countered and hurt IMO if tries that in this fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X