No announcement yet.

Defend Calzaghe's record

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Harry Balls View Post
    How could i stop posting when you're lying about what i've written? Now tell me what it is about me + ATG you're arguing against?

Yes and Eubanks best wins at 168 is what now?

I love Mcclellan, but exactly what did he do at 168?

Greatness is NOT h2h matchups. It's about what you've actually accomplished, and at 168 Andre Ward certainly has accomplished more than anyone else. If you disagree please follow this post by stating the best wins at 168 by all names involved and compare that to Andre Ward.
    I'm not lying u can review pages 7 and 8 urself...I've quoted u by every passage so u should know what I was referring to

by ur reasoning ottke has accomplished a ****load at 168...chris john should probably be the greatest featherweight of all time right?

different eras produce different levels of fighters and the bikas, butes and abrahams of this division couldn't hold mcclellan or eubank's jockstrap

u can beg me for a history lesson all u want...if u don't recognize these fighters by their talents instead of their records u're a plain idiot...but then again we knew that when u ducked this thread twice and failed miserably at a comeback...u're the audley harrison of boxingscene

Comment

Originally posted by -PANDA- View Post
      I'm not lying u can review pages 7 and 8 urself...I've quoted u by every passage so u should know what I was referring to

by ur reasoning ottke has accomplished a ****load at 168...chris john should probably be the greatest featherweight of all time right?

different eras produce different levels of fighters and the bikas, butes and abrahams of this division couldn't hold mcclellan or eubank's jockstrap

u can beg me for a history lesson all u want...if u don't recognize these fighters by their talents instead of their records u're a plain idiot...but then again we knew that when u ducked this thread twice and failed miserably at a comeback...u're the audley harrison of boxingscene
      Yes i'd love a history lesson where you show how Mcclellan is a more accomplished smw than Andre Ward.

I'll be eagerly awaiting your response.
      Not trying to be a jerk, i'm sincerely interested.

Kind Regards,
      Harry Balls

Comment

If we speak about top10 at one given weight historically? Then he is without a doubt an ATG. Granted in a weak division, but still.

I don't think his future inclusion into the HOF is up for debate. He's done enough to warrant it combined with his fame.

Kessler and B-hop remains two superb wins.

Jeff Lacy was at the point a great win. Same as Jermain Taylor was a great win for Pavlik or Judah was a great win for Tszyu.
        Fact of the matter is Cazlaghe beat a few decent fighters, he beat Kessler the clear #2 of the division and he beat B-hop while b-hop was still the kingpin at 175 and performing on a reasonable high level.
        He remained undefeated.
        A
        Yeah why didn't he fight Chad Dawson, a relative unknown, in his last fight instead of a moneyfight with Roy Jones jr? I can't imagine why!!

And obviously the lineal champ at 175, Bernard Hopkins. Those two wins are better than many fighters two best wins that are not ATG.
        ur ignorance is classic sig material...the way u keep contradicting urself is just funny
        Last edited by -PANDA-; 02-22-2013, 07:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
          How the British conquered India

http://www.drishtikone.com/how-briti.../#.USbRSKU4ut8

Lead Cenobite (aka bsrizpac) RESENTS the British because with a small number of soldiers, they conquered India.

Comment

Yes i'd love a history lesson where you show how Mcclellan is a more accomplished smw than Andre Ward.

I'll be eagerly awaiting your response.
            Not trying to be a jerk, i'm sincerely interested.

Kind Regards,
            Harry Balls
            seriously guy...did I say mcclellan is more accomplished than ward????

Comment

Yep i edited my post right before you posted. I agree that it's very possible he ducked Pavlik but as i said in my previous post i understand why he went for the easy money rather than the hard money.

Almost every fighter ducks someone.

The fight certainly did not make sense after b-hop beat him, and i don't fault Calzaghe for hanging them up. He had a lot to lose and obviously not enough motivation to warrant making millions of dollars more.

In my opinion and the majority he already beat Hopkins in a horrible fight.
              He did avoid Pavlik. It's hard to argue otherwise. It's a fight everyone wanted and instead he fought a fight no one wanted.

And yeah, most fighters will avoid a fight now and again but not many of them have a lack luster a resume at Calzaghe. Fighting an undefeated Pavlik would have been one of very few legimate wins in his entire career.

After Hopkins beat him it wouldn't make sense but when it was supposed to happen Pavlik was undefeated.

Comment

ur ignorance is classic sig material...the way u keep contradicting urself is just funny
                Yes and if you read the rest of those posts that you've bolded you'll see i'm quite right.

1) Joe Calzaghe is one of the 10 greatest at smw. Incorrect?
                2) Joe Calzaghe have some decent wins + Kessler, Lacy, B-hop. Incorrect?
                3) Chad Dawson was not a known name by anyone but the hardcores in 2008. Incorrect?

I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish? Which of these three statements do you disagree with?
                Bolding certain phrases to try to change the meaning of the post won't work if you include the rest of the text.

Comment

seriously guy...did I say mcclellan is more accomplished than ward????
                  But to humor you. If Andre Ward is not the greatest and most accomplished SMW of all time, then who the hell is? This makes absolutely zero sense to me.
                  Ottke? Kessler? Froch? The oh so great Brewer? Roy who stayed at the weight for what, 2 years?

I'm puzzled.
                  I thought u weren't posting here anymore?

ever heard of eubank, watson, collins, benn or mcclellan? they would've given anyone hell in their primes, especially calzaghe...as for ward I don't think he's faced a test like those guys yet...froch comes close but I wouldn't feel comfortable saying that just yet
                  So exactly why are you posting these names in response to "who is the greatest smw of all time" after you stated Andre Ward is NOT the greatest smw of all time?

Who is the greatest smw of all time?

Comment

Yes and if you read the rest of those posts that you've bolded you'll see i'm quite right.

1) Joe Calzaghe is one of the 10 greatest at smw. Incorrect?
                    2) Joe Calzaghe have some decent wins + Kessler, Lacy, B-hop. Incorrect?
                    3) Chad Dawson was not a known name by anyone but the hardcores in 2008. Incorrect?

I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish? Which of these three statements do you disagree with?
                    Bolding certain phrases to try to change the meaning of the post won't work if you include the rest of the text.
                    ur contradicting urself in different posts, I'm not pulling anything out of context...

1) yes
                    2) bhop, kessler no, lacy yes...definitely incorrect
                    3) absolutely, like I said before dawson had plenty of exposure on the major networks...why would he have been fighting exclusively on the two major networks (hbo and showtime) if he nobody knew him aside from the hardcore fans? he'd be on BAD or espn if he was

Comment

• Originally posted by Harry Balls View Post
                      So exactly why are you posting these names in response to "who is the greatest smw of all time" after you stated Andre Ward is NOT the greatest smw of all time?

Who is the greatest smw of all time?
                      is that me saying mcclellan is better than ward?

read much?

Comment

Working...
                      X