Collapse
No announcement yet.

Defend Calzaghe's record

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So how are you arguing against my use of the term ATG? I literally said in every post that i don't think he's an ATG and that he's only an ATG if you consider a top10 of any given weight class an ATG.

So please explain to me what you're against in my use of the term ATG?

If i don't feel hes an ATG then wtf are you arguing against? Seriously?

Yeah i sunk to using the kid tone when you're the one talking in terms of "getting owned". You don't see the irony?

If i was paid to argue you until everyone see you for what you are then i'd happily continue this. But i'm not. It's a waste of time. You're simply on the level of the wildest Pac and Floyd fanatics on this site. Truth and reasoning means nothing, all you care about is arguing for a stance you're already deadset on.

But to humor you. If Andre Ward is not the greatest and most accomplished SMW of all time, then who the hell is? This makes absolutely zero sense to me.
    Ottke? Kessler? Froch? The oh so great Brewer? Roy who stayed at the weight for what, 2 years?

I'm puzzled.

Comment

Boxing scene had a article on him saying he was all time great. Lmao

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Balls View Post
        How the hell did he duck Carl Froch?

B-hop rematch, as if there was any demand for it. It was one of the worst high profile fights of the year.

Kelly Pavlik, who lost to B-hop even before Calzaghe fought Roy.
        Yeah that fight would have made hella sense.

I forfeit due to the brain damage i've suffered in this thread.
        A loss by TKO i declare.

The Froch fight could have happened but Joe turned it down. I'm not surprised because Froch had no name at the time but still, the fight was there.

He certainly did avoid Pavlik and it was a fight everyone wanted to see at the time.

But he chose Roy Jones Jr's corpse instead.

Comment

I would defend Calzaghe but I figure I will have an easier time defending Oscar Pistorious and Lance Armstrong.

Comment

he beat who they put in front of him- Floyd joy

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

So how are you arguing against my use of the term ATG? I literally said in every post that i don't think he's an ATG and that he's only an ATG if you consider a top10 of any given weight class an ATG.

So please explain to me what you're against in my use of the term ATG?

If i don't feel hes an ATG then wtf are you arguing against? Seriously?

Yeah i sunk to using the kid tone when you're the one talking in terms of "getting owned". You don't see the irony?

If i was paid to argue you until everyone see you for what you are then i'd happily continue this. But i'm not. It's a waste of time. You're simply on the level of the wildest Pac and Floyd fanatics on this site. Truth and reasoning means nothing, all you care about is arguing for a stance you're already deadset on.

But to humor you. If Andre Ward is not the greatest and most accomplished SMW of all time, then who the hell is? This makes absolutely zero sense to me.
              Ottke? Kessler? Froch? The oh so great Brewer? Roy who stayed at the weight for what, 2 years?

I'm puzzled.
              I thought u weren't posting here anymore?

ever heard of eubank, watson, collins, benn or mcclellan? they would've given anyone hell in their primes, especially calzaghe...as for ward I don't think he's faced a test like those guys yet...froch comes close but I wouldn't feel comfortable saying that just yet

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                The Froch fight could have happened but Joe turned it down. I'm not surprised because Froch had no name at the time but still, the fight was there.

He certainly did avoid Pavlik and it was a fight everyone wanted to see at the time.

But he chose Roy Jones Jr's corpse instead.
                More fighters than Froch wanted to fight Calzaghe. The fight absolutely made no sense at the time.

Yeah he fought Roy and immediately retired. Who else could he have fought and made $10 million for?
                He then retired and never came for anyone. To say he ducked anyone when going into retirement is kind of absurd to me.

I could agree with somewhat ducking Pavlik. But who knows what would have happened had Pavlik beaten Hopkins?
                I can't really fault him for going after the easy money against Roy, especially considering it's a name he's been linked with for his entire career.

In the end it's all about motivation.

If he did duck Pavlik which is certainly possible, then that's just one trait he shares with almost every single fighter on this earth. They go for the easy money rather than the hard money.
                Last edited by Barry Halls; 02-22-2013, 07:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by -PANDA- View Post
                  I thought u weren't posting here anymore?

ever heard of eubank, watson, collins, benn or mcclellan? they would've given anyone hell in their primes, especially calzaghe...as for ward I don't think he's faced a test like those guys yet...froch comes close but I wouldn't feel comfortable saying that just yet
                  How could i stop posting when you're lying about what i've written? Now tell me what it is about me + ATG you're arguing against?

Yes and Eubanks best wins at 168 is what now?

I love Mcclellan, but exactly what did he do at 168?

Greatness is NOT h2h matchups. It's about what you've actually accomplished, and at 168 Andre Ward certainly has accomplished more than anyone else. If you disagree please follow this post by stating the best wins at 168 by all names involved and compare that to Andre Ward.

Comment

More fighters than Froch wanted to fight Calzaghe. The fight absolutely made no sense at the time.

Yeah he fought Roy and immediately retired. Who else could he have fought and made $10 million for?
                    He then retired and never came for anyone. To say he ducked anyone when going into retirement is kind of absurd to me.
                    Other than being a good domestic fight no it didn't make sense which is why he didn't duck him. Shame it wasn't a few years prior when fighting unranked fighters was a fight-to-fight basis for Calzaghe.

He should have fought Pavlik instead of Roy Jones. It was a huge fight that everyone wanted. It would have been two undefeated fighters at the top of their game, the #1 MW Vs. the #1 LHW and it's the fight everyone was calling for.

Instead he fought a shot Roy Jones.

Comment

Yep i edited my post right before you posted. I agree that it's very possible he ducked Pavlik but as i said in my previous post i understand why he went for the easy money rather than the hard money.

Almost every fighter ducks someone.

The fight certainly did not make sense after b-hop beat him, and i don't fault Calzaghe for hanging them up. He had a lot to lose and obviously not enough motivation to warrant making millions of dollars more.

In my opinion and the majority he already beat Hopkins in a horrible fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X