Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats is YOUR interpretation of Ring Generalship?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
    No its who had the more effective punches. The person with the more effective punches also has the "better defense". Defense works off of offense. You can make the guy miss 200 punches in a round yet youll still lose the round if he lands more effective punches

Boxing is not complex at all. Guy with more effective punches wins, simple
    So the guy who made him miss 200 punches,did not make him pay for the mistake of missing 200 punches??

Did the guy throwing 200 punches land any of his punches,and if so what effect did it have??There's a reason Judges sit ring side,it so they see the whole fight up close and personal..They see the foot movement the body shots,the angles the defense etc etc..

Which is why boxing is more complex then..

Guy with more effective punches wins, simple[/QUOTE]
    Last edited by Rome-By-Ko; 02-21-2013, 09:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
      So the guy who made him miss 200 punches,did not make him pay for the mistake of missing 200 punches??

Did the guy throwing 200 punches land any of his punches,and if so what effect did it have??There's a reason Judges sit ring side,it so they see the whole fight up close and personal..They see the foot movement the body shots,the angles the defense etc etc..

Which is why boxing is more complex then..

Guy with more effective punches wins, simple
      If the guy throwing 200 punches lands more effective punches, he wins the round. If he doesn't, he loses it

The reason judges sit ring side is because of tradition. They would have a much better time scoring if they watched on tv like most of us

Comment

I'm kinda surprise that you say ring generalship does not matter nearly as much as who is landing the best punch..I know you to be a very knowledgeable boxing fan..Ring generalship is what's getting you into position to hit ya opponent in the first place..

Ring generalship is just as important as having power or speed..Believe me,if your landing the better punches,your most likely winning the ring generalship battle as well..Which in short,ring generalship goes hand in hand with everything else...
        Ring generalship matters for the fighter in the ring, not the judge scoring the fight.

Scoring a round is supposed to come down to who is landing the better, more effective punches. All other criteria should be a distant second to that one criteria. Ring generalship and defense and anything else someone could bring up as a criteria only matters if both guys have landed a similar amount of effective, clean punches.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
          Ring generalship matters for the fighter in the ring, not the judge scoring the fight.

Scoring a round is supposed to come down to who is landing the better, more effective punches. All other criteria should be a distant second to that one criteria. Ring generalship and defense and anything else someone could bring up as a criteria only matters if both guys have landed a similar amount of effective, clean punches.
          This is your view on how to score a fight,and tbh I can't fault it(because it's ya own opinion)..But I do disagree with it..I believe you have to score,a strong jab that renders an opponent ineffective..Just as much as a fighter who may have land(let's say)three hard solid shots..

Although maybe the opponent landed three good shots..Should I now throwout the fact that for most of the rd he was ineffective and controlled by a Jab??I don't believe that is the way it should go..Which is why I disagree just about effective punches..In the rd I just described both used an effective punch..One fighter landed harder,but was controlled and render ineffective by a stiff jab..The other was caught by three solid hard shots..Other things would come into play when judging a rd like that..

How do you score this rd??

Comment

Yes and 95% of it is about punches landed. I bet 95% of people on here couldnt name the 4 criteria right now without googling it.
            i'm pretty sure they can not everyone is you

Comment

Originally posted by letsgobrady View Post
              i'm pretty sure they can not everyone is you
              I would tell you to name them but you'd google it

Comment

This is your view on how to score a fight,and tbh I can't fault it(because it's ya own opinion)..But I do disagree with it..I believe you have to score,a strong jab that renders an opponent ineffective..Just as much as a fighter who may have land(let's say)three hard solid shots..

Although maybe the opponent landed three good shots..Should I now throwout the fact that for most of the rd he was ineffective and controlled by a Jab??I don't believe that is the way it should go..Which is why I disagree just about effective punches..In the rd I just described both used an effective punch..One fighter landed harder,but was controlled and render ineffective by a stiff jab..The other was caught by three solid hard shots..Other things would come into play when judging a rd like that..

If that jab landed solid ten times, I'd score the round for him if his opponent landed three hard shots and nothing else clean. If that jab doesn't hit anything but gloves and air, I'm not giving him credit for ****, especially if he gets hit with three solid shots and doesn't land three solid shots of his own.

Comment

The guy who landed the solid shots obviously won it. What did the jabber control exactly? He didnt control the guy from landed solid shots on him. Thats a really easy round to score. Obviously you cant score fights and Paulie must be undefeated in your mind

Comment

I would tell you to name them but you'd google it
                    of course i would because i am a boxing fan who is naive to the sport like you.you the only person in this whole thread that find it so easy to judge a fight

Comment

Originally posted by letsgobrady View Post
                      of course i would because i am a boxing fan who is naive to the sport like you.you the only person in this whole thread that find it so easy to judge a fight
                      You are very naive, you said skill is "what gyms teach you"

Most fights are very easy to score

Comment

Working...
                      X