Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats is YOUR interpretation of Ring Generalship?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by daggum View Post
    so if you get yourself into a position to hit your opponent but keep swinging and missing either you really suck and don't deserve to win or your opponent has such good defense that he should win.
    Yeah but that would be a pretty ****ty fight altogether.

Comment

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
      Like it says right there in the post your responding to,ring generalship is all about putting your self in the right position..Yes if your landing the better punches you win..But don't act like not being in a position to not land those better punches have not lost a fighter a fight in the past..Like I pointed out in the post,if your throwing a 100 punches a rd but missing majority of them,then your ineffective..This goes the same for if your making your opponent miss but not making him pay..If your trapping your opponent on the ropes but missing tons of punches..The name of the game is to hit and not be hit..You see how that works??You say the more effective puncher,while I'll say the fighter who takes less punishment..It all goes back to being a subjective sport..Everyone looking and seeing what matters to them..

Granted some fights are easy to score..But some not so much,because both fighters may be doing well in certain areas you like..Then it still comes back to being subjective,and which one of the things that you liked from either fighter,do you like more..
      Its who's more effectivewhich stems from what you do verse what your opponent does, aka who land the best punches.

It doesnt matter if a guy misses 137 punches if he lands more effective punches then you

Comment

Some of these interpretations are hilarious, due to the fact that:

Landing more effective punches during the round just means you're the better technical fighter, for that round. That, in no way, depicts your ring generalship.

Ring generalship is controlling the pace of the fight, controlling the area around the fighter's, and as a user earlier said, overall utilizing the ring to your advantage. This is not to be confused with getting on your bike ala Khan to survive getting knocked out. Using the ropes, using the corners of the ring on the offensive.

It's the details within the ring that both fighters have access to use.

Comment

I'm kinda surprise that you say ring generalship does not matter nearly as much as who is landing the best punch..I know you to be a very knowledgeable boxing fan..Ring generalship is what's getting you into position to hit ya opponent in the first place..

Ring generalship is just as important as having power or speed..Believe me,if your landing the better punches,your most likely winning the ring generalship battle as well..Which in short,ring generalship goes hand in hand with everything else...
          Ring generalship matters for the fighter in the ring, not the judge scoring the fight.

Scoring a round is supposed to come down to who is landing the better, more effective punches. All other criteria should be a distant second to that one criteria. Ring generalship and defense and anything else someone could bring up as a criteria only matters if both guys have landed a similar amount of effective, clean punches.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
            you're talking about the same thing. you can have a glass that is 75 % full and call it 25% empty.

his point is that you can boil scoring a fight down to one element : the effectiveness of the punches. the guy who lands the more effective punches wins the round. being a ring general, effective aggression, and defense are a means toward that end. you score the effectiveness of the punches over the balance of the round. you ask: "who did more damage?"
            I agree but that's also the same as asking,who took less punches..Which is why scoring defense is just as important as scoring the effectiveness of a punch..Boxing is a far more complex sport as to who hits or get's hit harder..There's a lot more elements then that bro..

Comment

I agree but that's also the same as asking,who took less punches..Which is why scoring defense is just as important as scoring the effectiveness of a punch..Boxing is a far more complex sport as to who hits or get's hit harder..There's a lot more elements then that bro..

you are missing the point, man.

i know how to score a boxing match.

Comment

No its who had the more effective punches. The person with the more effective punches also has the "better defense". Defense works off of offense. You can make the guy miss 200 punches in a round yet youll still lose the round if he lands more effective punches

Boxing is not complex at all. Guy with more effective punches wins, simple

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                  No its who had the more effective punches. The person with the more effective punches also has the "better defense". Defense works off of offense. You can make the guy miss 200 punches in a round yet youll still lose the round if he lands more effective punches

Boxing is not complex at all. Guy with more effective punches wins, simple
                  But that is not ring generalship. You can have the more effective punches and be completely still.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                    Its who's more effectivewhich stems from what you do verse what your opponent does, aka who land the best punches.

It doesnt matter if a guy misses 137 punches if he lands more effective punches then you
                    This is your view on how to score a fight,and tbh I can't fault it(because it's ya own opinion)..But I do disagree with it..I believe you have to score,a strong jab that renders an opponent ineffective..Just as much as a fighter who may have land(let's say)three hard solid shots..

Although maybe the opponent landed three good shots..Should I now throwout the fact that for most of the rd he was ineffective and controlled by a Jab??I don't believe that is the way it should go..Which is why I disagree just about effective punches..In the rd I just described both used an effective punch..One fighter landed harder,but was controlled and render ineffective by a stiff jab..The other was caught by three solid hard shots..Other things would come into play when judging a rd like that..

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                      you are missing the point, man.

i know how to score a boxing match.
                      I know how to score a boxing match as well(I never said you did'int btw)..Just a differ of opinion is all..

Comment

Working...
                      X