Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats is YOUR interpretation of Ring Generalship?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
    Not really, its actually easy if you dont favor a certain fighter or have some type of bias. Otherwise you'll score the Paulie-Cano fight for Paulie
    Like I said, there are 4 criteria for a reason. If it was that simple, clean/effective punching would be the only criteria for scoring.

Comment

Not really, its actually easy if you dont favor a certain fighter or have some type of bias. Otherwise you'll score the Paulie-Cano fight for Paulie

i was so drunk by the time paulie was in the ring

Comment

I think its controlling the opponent with skill , the more control you have the more of a ring general you are , who the opponent is matters greatly , its probably the polar opposite of a swinger that KOs somebody .

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
          So what does this have to do with what I said~ yea punching is the object of the game.

You should not score even rounds, as it is not that hard to find something to separate the men based on the rules of scoring.
          If you believe a round is even you should score it even. Yea it isnt hard to find something if you look for it.

Comment

Originally posted by boxfan1983 View Post
            I can see how people say whoever contols the pace of the fight BUT what about high volume pressure fighters? For instance guys like Paul Williams and Antonio Margarito would throw well over 100 punches every round but could easily lose a decision to a pot shotter. IMO if a guy is getting off over 100 punches (&not hitting air) that could be considered controling the pace, thats why the rules of judging are so outdated...
            That is controlling pace,if it's effective..But if your throwing 100 punches per rd and missing 60 or 70 while your opponent is style controlling you and the pace..I'll give you a great example of this..Pwill vs Martinez 1..Pwill was throwing hella punches,but imo he did not have the better ring generalship..But the judges felt he did,boxing is subjective bro,more so then any sport..The rules to judging are not outdated,and their not perfect..The rules to judging can change with the person who is viewing the fight..Once again,boxing is very subjective...

Comment

If you believe a round is even you should score it even. Yea it isnt hard to find something if you look for it.
              As a judge your goal is to decide a winner, even rounds are a last resort sort of deal. IF you do it rarely it is not terrible, if you are doing it a lot you aren't a judge.

As a judge you are suppose to be watching close as hell seeing everything possible, so you should be able to find something to pick between.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
                Like I said, there are 4 criteria for a reason. If it was that simple, clean/effective punching would be the only criteria for scoring.
                Yes and 95% of it is about punches landed. I bet 95% of people on here couldnt name the 4 criteria right now without googling it.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                  That's why ring generalship doesn't matter nearly as much as who is landing the best punches. Criteria like ring generalship is vastly overvalued by some posters.
                  I'm kinda surprise that you say ring generalship does not matter nearly as much as who is landing the best punch..I know you to be a very knowledgeable boxing fan..Ring generalship is what's getting you into position to hit ya opponent in the first place..

Ring generalship is just as important as having power or speed..Believe me,if your landing the better punches,your most likely winning the ring generalship battle as well..Which in short,ring generalship goes hand in hand with everything else...

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
                    As a judge your goal is to decide a winner, even rounds are a last resort sort of deal. IF you do it rarely it is not terrible, if you are doing it a lot you aren't a judge.

As a judge you are suppose to be watching close as hell seeing everything possible, so you should be able to find something to pick between.
                    Yea and if you cant pick a winner the moment the bell rings, it should be even. If you look for something to give a fighter in a very close round, you can pick any tiny thing you want to justify it

Its easy to pick any thing to give a fighter a round. At that point its gonna be whatever bias you have. IF you like aggression, youll give it for that o ring generalship, then youll give it for that

Comment

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
                      I'm kinda surprise that you say ring generalship does not matter nearly as much as who is landing the best punch..I know you to be a very knowledgeable boxing fan..Ring generalship is what's getting you into position to hit ya opponent in the first place..

Ring generalship is just as important as having power or speed..Believe me,if your landing the better punches,your most likely winning the ring generalship battle as well..Which in short,ring generalship goes hand in hand with everything else...
                      Is it ring generalship if you get in position but miss? It all stems from the person who lands the better most effective punches win.

Comment

Working...
                      X