Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Guerrero do better against Floyd than Cotto?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would lean towards no,Cotto has shown better technique then Guerrero..I expect Guerrero to get beat up really bad,with the only think saving him is his youth..Cotto is a much better boxer imho..

Comment

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
      I would lean towards no,Cotto has shown better technique then Guerrero..I expect Guerrero to get beat up really bad,with the only think saving him is his youth..Cotto is a much better boxer imho..
      The Ghost is a very technical mid to long ranged fighter bro. What he did do at 147 however is show that he can fight inside with supposedly bigger men.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
        Yeah it's crucial. You must make Floyd respect your jab. It does not have to do major damage, you are not going to jab your way to victory against Mayweather. You just have to show him you can score with it.

What you really need to use it for is to direct Floyd around the ring. You want to use it to make him go where you want him to go, which is backwards, towards a corner. Trying to land big on Mayweather in open country is a mug's game. You might get off occasionally, but it's a battle you're destined to lose.
        Great post..

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
          The Ghost is a very technical mid to long ranged fighter bro. What he did do at 147 however is show that he can fight inside with supposedly bigger men.
          I've followed the Ghost for some time,and to an extent I'm a fan..He has shown in the past he can box from mid to long range..But against who??Not really even decent opponents..Then when he moves up he shows a bull rushers style..No technique what so ever...

I get what ya saying,but resume is a big thing to me..Nothing about Guerrero say's he is a great boxer,or bull rusher for that matter..I expect an entertaining fight,but a whitewash...

Comment

Originally posted by Big Rigg View Post
            Everyone is down on Cotto because of the Trout lost but he was able to bully Floyd n land some shots on him. Can't Deny that. Idk if RG will be able to do the same.I think, Floyd wins this fight by KO.
            Cotto bullied Floyd??What the hell,no he did not..You must've not notice Floyd applying pressure..It was not hard for Cotto to find Floyd at all..Because Floyd was in his face..Floyd was not bullied in that fight..oh and that fight(Cotto Mayweather)was not close...

Comment

I personally don't think he's going to do better than Cotto, he's a good fighter don't get me wrong but I just think Mayweathers just that much better, even at his age

Comment

I think he'll surprise Floyd or Floyd might need to catch up to speed for the first 2-4 rounds, maybe not tho.

I can see Guerrero winning maybe 4-5 rounds, not all in a row.

Comment

I think Guerro vs May will be a lot like Hatton Vs May. Guerro will start fast and try to haul and maul Mayweather and maybe even give him a bit of trouble but I just see Floyd breaking Ghost down for a late TKO probably corner stoppage or like TKO because of his eye being shut.
                  Last edited by mrcupide2; 02-21-2013, 06:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by inITtoWINit View Post
                    Weak ass jab, stands straight up, especially when coming forward. Seems like a walking target to me.

Not to mention his body work isn't even elite.

Tough task ahead for the young man.

Also remember that this fight is at WW.
                    Throw in the fact that he is slow with a little power and has bad defence.
                    He also quit before so that shows when the fight gets too tough he will fold.

Guerrero feels like a beast after beating Berto. Just like Ortiz did.
                    What he doesn't understand is that Floyd is no Berto.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                      I agree. Against Katsidis he was masterful from long range. And the few times Kats was able to get in close he had an answer for that too: he nailed him with right uppercuts.

At 147 what impressed me is that he was willing to abandon his classy boxing and get a little rough. Just to show his toughness and strength and to prove that these guys weren't going to be able to push him around.

All in all he's a very versatile fighter.

Comment

Working...
                      X