No announcement yet.

Donaire-Rigo Press Conference Stream

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PBP View Post
    Damn. Hasim Rahman went from being the most skilled heavyweight in the world to being one of the most unskilled heavyweights in the world in a matter of months.
    Skills is what allows you to win fights. Hasmin was never the most nor least skilled

Comment

• Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
      Skills help win fights. It isn't so simple as to say the skilled fighter always wins.
      Skills = tools .. I could be the best carpenter in the world but if show up to a job lacking a certain tool I need to get the job done I'm phucked . Now if one of my workers happens to have that tool and he is able to get it done. Does that make him better than me ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
        Yes a Civic that does beats a lambo in a drag race is the faster car
        Ok. Cars was a bad example. I'll concede I know **** about them, but for all intents and purposes which car would you rather have ?

Comment

Bad night is an excuse used to say the other fighter is better then you that night

You can look as cute and technical as you want
          This right here is what's at the bottom of your railings about skill. You don't like slick, technical fighters. It's evident with your contemptuous use of the word "cute." You like warrior-types, which is fine, but your bias against slick fighters is not only obvious but immature.

I'll repeat what I said earlier, Rigo is not only more technical than Donaire, but also more skilled. Guille has probably forgotten more about boxing than Nonito ever learned. Yet, I understand Rigo might still lose to a well-timed Donaire left hook.

Comment

Skills is what allows you to win fights. Hasmin was never the most nor least skilled
            Exactly. Lennox Lewis has more skills than Hasim Rahman. Therefore, he is the more skilled fighter. However, Hasim Rahman was still able to use his lesser amount of skills to knock Lennox out. As a result, the fighter with less skills won the fight.

That doesn't make Rahman the more skilled fighter out of the two. He just used what he had in his arsenal better during that particular round.

Comment

• Originally posted by brickcityboxing View Post
              Skills = tools .. I could be the best carpenter in the world but if show up to a job lacking a certain tool I need to get the job done I'm phucked . Now if one of my workers happens to have that tool and he is able to get it done. Does that make him better than me ?
              Or, you might have all the skills in the world and be utterly unmotivated, or your conditioning might be lacking, or you might simply make a bad mistake at the worst possible time. So many variables....

Comment

• Originally posted by dan_cov View Post

You can have my account or the avatar bet should Rigondeaux lose, you pick I'm cool with either.

When Donaire losses we'll find a pic suitable for your avatar (Rigondeaux standing over Donaire as he is clutching his side, reeling in agony)
                I believe in equal terms so an avatar and siggy bet sounds good.

I shall work on a Rigo sniffing Donaires bum pic for you when he has fallen down by a left hook and straight right.

Comment

Rios is undefeated. I dont understand what undefeated has to do with "Who you beat"
                  you said a cutie means nothing if you don't win thats why i pointed out that rigondeaux was undeafeted and not donaire because of your comment

Comment

• Originally posted by PBP View Post
                    Exactly. Lennox Lewis has more skills than Hasim Rahman. Therefore, he is the more skilled fighter. However, Hasim Rahman was still able to use his lesser amount of skills to knock Lennox out. As a result, the fighter with less skills won the fight.

That doesn't make Rahman the more skilled fighter out of the two. He just used what he had in his arsenal better during that particular round.

^^^^ I posted that earlier I'm with you 100% on that one.

Comment

• Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                      This right here is what's at the bottom of your railings about skill. You don't like slick, technical fighters. It's evident with your contemptuous use of the word "cute." You like warrior-types, which is fine, but your bias against slick fighters is not only obvious but immature.

I'll repeat what I said earlier, Rigo is not only more technical than Donaire, but also more skilled. Guille has probably forgotten more about boxing than Nonito ever learned. Yet, I understand Rigo might still lose to a well-timed Donaire left hook.
                      I do like slick fighters, but it doesnt automatically make them more "skilled". It makes then more technical and slick. Nor does it win you fights because you are have a "slick boxing style"

You prove skill by who you beat

Marg's resume clearly makes him more skilled then Linares for example or Rigo at this point yet he's a brawler

Rigo is more technical but not more skilled. Rigo might lose to a well timed right hook? Thats not part of skill? Timing, power and accuracy

Comment

Working...
                      X