No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Klitschko's Manager on Povetkin, 5/4 Return, WBA Dispute

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
    Wow, so Floyd Mayweather is totally unknown over there?

And they don't care that they would also be going up against Canelo Alvarez on the undercard as well?

Um, ok. No one anywhere gives two ****s about Francesco Pianeta. Just so you know.
    Mostly yes. The rest of boxing fans hardly care about him

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
      floyd mayweather is known in europe and to even argue otherwise is ridiculous.

the hwt division sucks because the talent is horrible. most fans and media acknowledge this. it has nothing to do with europe or the soviet union, american hwt's suck too.

lewis wasn't irrelevant. wlad is. Every lewis fight was on in the US. wlad cant get on HBO unless he fights david haye, who is a ****ing crusierweight, the least talked about division other than 105/108.
      Known? Sure his name might get thrown around from time to time. Popular? No. It's his personality to blame for that. Andre Ward is well known in European boxing circles. So is Pacquiao.

Comment

Intersting debate about midgets....It is the way I always felt and I am American!

Regarding the topic of this thread: Boente and his minions are ****s. The Klits ALWAYS manage to make the other guy look like a ducker, unreasonable, etc... Without fail? Every move these guys make benefits them...which is fine to a point....problem is they do not give a flying frack about the fans or the other guy.

Potavkin deserves some cabbage...he is entering a dangerous fight, he is too small and has no weapons to use against the Klitschkos and Boente and the boys know this is true. The fact of the matter is that they do not care. I can;t wait to watch these ****s get dissasembled, they have always been selfish and underhanded making it appear that everyone else is in the wrong.

Comment

Pusvetkin is a ducker that can't even decisively beat so so crusierweights. So in my opinion he should be happy with 25% because in reality he ain't even worth that much.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
            Wlad's assistant ****ing trainer will fight twice on HBO in the past year. wlad couldn't get on HBO when his trainer WAS A ****ING ANNOUNCER ON THE NETWORK!!!!.
            But this is _EXACTLY_ what we are claiming: For Americans HW sucks, except when Americans fight Americans (Banks vs Mitchell).

When will it get in your head that the greatness of past eras was pure delusion based on 1 fact alone: Americans were ruling it. (And they were able to rule it since Soviets were forbidden to box).

Americans are not interested in the heavyweight division but in the heavyweight illusion.

And *psht*letmetellyouasecret* HW boxing will suddenly be great again, when an American will be world champ. You can bet on it.

Comment

I just checked bild.de which seems to be the biggest newspaper in Europe.

I searched for "Klitschko": approximately 350 articles per year.
              I searched for "Mayweather": approximately 3 articles per year, which (if I understand the translator) consist mainly of articles about earnings comparisons of sportsmen. So even these rare articles are not primarily about Floyd.

A better picture at The Sun. Searching for Mayweather yields more results which is understandable since British boxers fought him.

Mayweather is probably completely unknown in Europe outside of the UK.

Comment

Originally posted by hweightblogger View Post
                I just checked bild.de which seems to be the biggest newspaper in Europe.

I searched for "Klitschko": approximately 350 articles per year.
                I searched for "Mayweather": approximately 3 articles per year, which (if I understand the translator) consist mainly of articles about earnings comparisons of sportsmen. So even these rare articles are not primarily about Floyd.

A better picture at The Sun. Searching for Mayweather yields more results which is understandable since British boxers fought him.

Mayweather is probably completely unknown in Europe outside of the UK.

Well Europe is usually a few years behind of American style.

5 years from now people in Bucharest and Warsaw will start popping up wearing TMT T-shirts.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman932 View Post

5 years from now people in Bucharest and Warsaw will start popping up wearing TMT T-shirts.
                  No, but maybe in Budapest.

Comment

"people will think those opponents are weak opponents" They would be thinking right too.

They wanted the voluntary because they said waiting for purse bids etc would take too long and he wanted to be active, now they are trying to postpone the purse bids until after the voluntary? WTF LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman932 View Post

bild.de really? He's having a ****ing joke, most of Europe doesn't speak German. LOL

Comment

Working...
                      X