No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Valuev: Wladimir Could Dump WBA Belt in Povetkin Mess

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hweightblogger View Post
    This is an illusion, because in EVERY era experts and fans were b*tching about the current era. In Ali's era they were dissing Ali, in Lennox' era they were dissing Lennox.

Probably it's best summarized by Archie Moore (1972):
    Question: "Is boxing dying?"
    Archie Moore: "Yes, it must be. They told me it was dying when I got into it as a professional in 1936. I think it started dying at about the dawn of history. So I guess it is still dying."
    Archie Moore, 1972

Mind you, this is asked by the interviewer 1 year after the "Fight of the Century" Frazier vs Ali. Obviously boxing was dead back then, too.

Having seen enough fights of every era and having analyzed stats'n'facts I can honestly say the Klitschko era is one of the best heavyweight eras of all time.
    I can honestly say you have no idea what you're talking about. I can also say I've read your ridiculous blog and you twist and distort facts to suit your agenda as you have in this thread. Not a single expert or historian would ever agree with your idiotic system of judging.

Comment

Valuev has NO IDEA what Wlads plans are. Maybe he is thinking HE would have dropped the belt rather than deal with saurland. WLAD IS NOT GOING TO DROP THE BELT

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew5550 View Post
        Whatever it is I have to get me some of that. It must be amazing living in that dream world. Btw, check out his profile, read his blog. It is absolutely hilarious. He's actively trying to persuade everyone to think Wlad is the best HW there has ever been and ever will be. According to him, Wlad could fight Ali, Holmes, Lennox, Tyson & Holyfield in one night and KO all five.
        Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
        I can honestly say you have no idea what you're talking about. I can also say I've read your ridiculous blog and you twist and distort facts to suit your agenda as you have in this thread. Not a single expert or historian would ever agree with your idiotic system of judging.
        He reminds me of someone.

This is the weakest era in 100 years of Heavyweight Boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by hweightblogger View Post
          Thank you.

But to reemphasize my post: My post was not about details or single opponents. My point was to counter the nonsense that "Wlad doesn't fight top guys". The opposite is true: Wlad nearly always fights the highest ranked or a (former or current) champ or an unbeaten opponent.

Especially Ali's fans INVENT nonsense.
          Sorry, but you clowns don't get to decide what was and wasn't a world title in the 90's, when in fact the WBO has been a major title since such time. Either you accept them all or accept none. Either was Lewis has beaten far better competition.
          Last edited by JAB5239; 02-21-2013, 11:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew5550 View Post
            Whatever it is I have to get me some of that. It must be amazing living in that dream world. Btw, check out his profile, read his blog. It is absolutely hilarious. He's actively trying to persuade everyone to think Wlad is the best HW there has ever been and ever will be. According to him, Wlad could fight Ali, Holmes, Lennox, Tyson & Holyfield in one night and KO all five.
            I've read it and it is utterly ******ed.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingchef View Post
              Valuev has NO IDEA what Wlads plans are. Maybe he is thinking HE would have dropped the belt rather than deal with saurland. WLAD IS NOT GOING TO DROP THE BELT
              Easy Chef. All he did was offer his opinion...most likely when asked about it.

Comment

Hi Everyone ( Andreww5550,heavyweightblogger, jab and everyone else)it's nice to have these debates but always be respectful no matter how much different an opinion we have this is a sport we all love otherwise we would'nt spend so much time on here - keep the interesting debates going.

Comment

Another fight between top fighters to likely not happen. This is a major reason this is the worst ever era in heavyweight boxing.
                  Well said!

Comment

I've read it and it is utterly ******ed.
                    The old days are always better, right Fat Boy?

If only life could have been better after that high school football championship, right #52?

Eat a ****ing salad and take some prozac.

Comment

Originally posted by The Nephilim View Post
                      The old days are always better, right Fat Boy?

If only life could have been better after that high school football championship, right #52?

Eat a ****ing salad and take some prozac.
                      Not always, just now. You enjoy your salad, I'll eat a pizza.

Comment

Working...
                      X