No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Valuev: Wladimir Could Dump WBA Belt in Povetkin Mess

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Andrew5550 View Post
    It's funny you pick up Chuvalo, because he's not even considered a great win for Ali. But he was tough as old boots. But keep looking at boxrec to back yourself. Everyone knows you don't have any idea what you are talking about. The likes of Ali, Norton, Frazier, Cooper, Foreman, Holmes are all time greats.
    It's unbelievable that you mention an Ali loss (Holmes) as a proof of the greatness of Ali or Ali's era.

And that a half-blind (Frazier) could be world champ is a proof of how that era sucked, not vice versa.

Frazier belongs there where Foreman put him.

The only ones you could say that about in this crop is the two brothers. But they aren't fighting anyone that gives them competition. Sure, you can mention the "unbeaten" things. But how good was Wach? Who did he beat?
    Whom did Ken Norton beat when he got a title shot? Come on, impress me. You are dissing Klitschko's opponents then answer me: Whom did Norton beat when he got a title shot? Klitschko would be laughed at if he chose an opponent like Norton.

How does that stack up with Foreman/Frazier twice/Norton/Cooper?
    Haha, now you mention Cooper (33-11), 185 lbs.

_THIS_ is what's wrong with Ali fans. Klitschko would be murdered to even CONSIDER a 33-11 185lbs guy. Yet for Ali fans Cooper is listed as a great win and a proof of Ali's greatness.

NOTHING what Wlad could ever do would satisfy you. Because you are completely blinded by FAME NAMES.

James Toney gets his shot so you can say they beat another former "world champion".
    James Toney was not a HW champ hence he wouldn't count in that statistic anyway.
    Last edited by hweightblogger; 03-08-2013, 12:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom.
      I agree David Haye is a bum, but Eddie Chambers, Ruslan Chagaev, 2008 Tony Thompson, Sultan Ibragimov, and Chris Byrd were all good opponents who would have done okay in any era.
      Haye did better against Klit than all of those fighters you claim that were good opponents, yet you call him a bum.

How come Klit couldn't knock him down legitimately or knock him out then?

Comment

Originally posted by hweightblogger View Post
        It's unbelievable that you mention an Ali loss (Holmes) as a proof of the greatness of Ali or Ali's era.
        Where have I stated the greatness of Ali anywhere? That's not what we're discussing. But the fact that you belittle a great champion like Larry Holmes who made 20+ defences of his HW titles and went 48-0 proves just how much you know about boxing. Especially since you are comparing him to Wladimir's opponents.

And that a half-blind (Frazier) could be world champ is a proof of how that era sucked, not vice versa.

Frazier belongs there where Foreman put him.
        Wow. Frazier created a type of boxing style. He made the crossarm defence and had one of the most wicked left hooks you can ever hope to see. And you belittle him also.

Klitschko would be laughed at if he chose an opponent like Holmes.
        No he would get KO'd.

Haha, now you mention Cooper (33-11), 185 lbs.
        What does his weight matter? Floyd Patterson weighed less than that, so did jack dempsey. Are you saying those were crap? You are completely deluded it's insane. Cooper was a solid HW at the time.

_THIS_ is what's wrong with Ali fans. Klitschko would be murdered to even CONSIDER a 33-11 185lbs guy. Yet for Ali fans Cooper is listed as a great win and a proof of Ali's greatness.

NOTHING what Wlad could ever do would satisfy you. Because you are completely blinded by FAME NAMES.
        No you just don't understand anything about boxing history. And your nose is a little too much up the Brothers arse. If you notice, I haven't said anything bad about either of them, and have stated multiple time, in this thread, that is it through no fault of their own that they don't have great resumes. But how can Wlad be considered the best of all times - he's been KO'd brutally 3 times + has hit the canvas 11 or so times. Is it because Purity, Peter, Brewster, Sanders were THAT great? I don't think so son. Have one of these
        Last edited by LacedUp; 02-21-2013, 10:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi Vader View Post
          Haye did better against Klit than all of those fighters you claim that were good opponents, yet you call him a bum.

How come Klit couldn't knock him down legitimately or knock him out then?

You shouldn't even bother with him. He's too much of a fanboy to get any sense out of.

Comment

Yeah, I forgot. In the eyes of Ali fans a 34-11 guy (Chuvalo) or a B-level bum beater (like Norton) is more worth than any fighter 1978.
            If Wladimir ever chose a 34-11 fighter for a title defense, we'd never hear the end of it from the Klitschko-haters!

Comment

Having a look through Wlad's record - Ray Austin, 3 losses, 4 draws, Samuel Peter 3 losses (1 robbery against Wlad), Rahman 7 losses 2 draws, Mercer 5 losses 1 draw. And you are complaining about 1 Ali opponent. You guys are insane.

Comment

Come on guys give up on the disrespect on Klitschko brothers this is now absurd - when Vitali fought Lennox he came in with 2 weeks notice as late replacement the only reason why the fight was stopped was because of a cut which in my opinion was not necessary I have seen worse cuts allowed to carry on he was aheasd on all the 3 judeges score cards at the time - Lennox was getting tired and I've never seen Lennox back peddle to anyone but in that fight Vitali was making him go backwards and in my opinion would of of stopped Lewis if was not for the doctor - Vitali was angry he actually chased after the doctor - don't take my word for it go to You tube and watch Lennox been interviewed afterwards Vitali was promised a re-match never got it and Lennox retired - did Vitali retire him maybe,maybe not Lennox is an all time great so is Vitali - let's give him the respect he deserves both are great fighters respect to both.

Comment

Inventing even more nonsense to hate the Klitschkos?

Wlad has more world championships wins against more champs and former champs than Muhammad Ali, Larry Holmes or Lennox Lewis.

And considering that Floyd Patterson was a cruiser (196 lbs), Sonny Liston's KO is doubtful and Joe Frazier was blind on his eye, you should really check your standards of what you consider "the worst era in heavyweight boxing".

Judging by the hate you spew about the Klitschkos every day, no matter what they would do: You would always continue b*tching.
                  I wasn't talking about the Klits, I'm talking about the era as a whole. You're the one bringing them up. I can hardly blame Wlad if this fight falls through. Even if it does become his fault he's always fought the best fighters be could. Its not his fault the era is horrible.

Comment

Ahem, Valuev LOST to Chagaev and hence Wlad fought Chagaev.
                    Valuev LOST to Haye and hence Wlad fought Haye.

Now you complain about Klitschko not fighting Valuev, yet had he fought him you would complain that he was ducking Valuev's conquerors.

This is one of the best heavyweight eras ever and what Wladimir is doing is unprecedented in heavyweight history. But besides marvelling at some stories about the glorious past you are obviously too blind to see it.
                    Are you drunk or just stupid? Where did I say anything about a Klit not fighting Valuev? Your paranoia and nuthuggery are starting to consume you.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
                      Are you drunk or just stupid? Where did I say anything about a Klit not fighting Valuev? Your paranoia and nuthuggery are starting to consume you.
                      Whatever it is I have to get me some of that. It must be amazing living in that dream world. Btw, check out his profile, read his blog. It is absolutely hilarious. He's actively trying to persuade everyone to think Wlad is the best HW there has ever been and ever will be. According to him, Wlad could fight Ali, Holmes, Lennox, Tyson & Holyfield in one night and KO all five.

Comment

Working...
                      X