No announcement yet.

Is Canelo to big for Mayweather?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by right_hand_lead View Post
    Age old question..the answer is always the same.

It's not size alone that determines a fight; it's a combination of skill & size (see Pac vs Margarito...Jones vs Ruiz).

Canelo is a solid kid and packs a punch. If his boxing skills are enough to trouble Mayweather in addition to his size, then it could be an issue.

I don't see that happening though..he's too hitable.
    cheato has no skill and neither did Ruiz, stupid comparison.

Comment

Is he bigger? Yes.. Too big as in too big to fight? No.

However this would not hold any weight if we were talking about other WW's or even other WW's that had won a title at JMW.

Just depends on WHO you are talking about. So in this case, JMW Alvarez is not too big for JMW Mayweather. However like I said, he is the bigger, younger, stronger fighter.

Yet I expect all these people that are hyping Alvarez to be the massive threat to Floyd to back pedal and call it a cherry pick vs a green, never fought anyone good enough type of fighter.. At the end of the day, all roads will lead to Martinez and even then IF that fight goes down, people will complain that Martinez was too old if he doesn’t win. People did the exact same thing with Mosley who was also a Champion.

It's never about being too this or too that. It's always about Floyd losing. Doesn’t matter who, doesn’t matter where and it doesn’t matter when. People just want to see it. Until it happens we will hear things like (pre-fight) Alvarez is a huge threat and Floyd is ducking him but post fight it will Alvarez was too green, Floyd is ducking (insert name).

Comment

Working...
      X