Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oscar was/is bigger than canelo and floyd handled him

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post

How do you know he can make 154? We're talking about a 37 yr old, post-knee surgery Martinez. You think he can go down to a weight he hasn't made in 3 years and still be healthy?
      The problem with this is that its not like Martinez just asked Floyd yesterday to fight him. Martinez's name has been brought up many times before.

... but you are right. Martinez is actually 38 and who knows how he will be after the injury and with the news that Floyd will be fighting Guerrero, the fight can't happen until Martinez is closing in on 39.

So Floyd missed another opportunity .... poor Floyd, can't catch a break!

Comment

nah, mayweather just too chicken **** to fight canelo. two of the most over rated fighters ever

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

I really believe that Canelo may beat Mayweather in September. That is if Canelo beats Trout in May. I think Canelo youth and combination punching will be what beats Mayweather.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayweather41-0 View Post
            I really believe that Canelo may beat Mayweather in September. That is if Canelo beats Trout in May. I think Canelo youth and combination punching will be what beats Mayweather.
            Nah. Canelo's not the one. His style is TAILOR MADE for Floyd. Just don't see it happening.

Comment

Originally posted by pistol whip View Post
              Oh I see so floyd is a 2 time Junior Middleweight champion who shouldn't fight junior middleweights and never mind canelo is smaller than De la Hoya who Floyd fought at 154. Yeah makes no fuking sense!
              this is the problem with you stupid mmagayers your thongs are always to tight. i wasn't talking about or saying canelo is to big but i think most of his haters would say he's not big enough.
              Last edited by illmaticfighter; 02-20-2013, 11:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Strictly_UG View Post
                is a Jr middleweight too big for a Jr middleweight champion?

no.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
                HAha...good point

Comment

Originally posted by Mayweather41-0 View Post
                  Cotto got to Floyd a good bit, the most I've ever seen. Canelo would get to Floyd in a major way...I could see Floyd cheap-shotting Canelo with an elbow or something trying to force a cut.

Comment

Originally posted by Digital Hu$tler View Post
                    Was a debate on First Take this morning just curious to know others opinions...
                    Mayweather has been fighting welters at welter and Jr middleweight at their weight, while Canelo has been fighting blown up lightweights, Jr welters and welter at 154. So, NO I can't agree.

Comment

Originally posted by Digital Hu$tler View Post
                      Was a debate on First Take this morning just curious to know others opinions...

Alvarez started his career at 140 and fought three-fourths of his fights at 147. He moved up for two reasons: 1. he was too undisciplined to make the 147-pound limit and 2) his handlers at GBP knew that he had no chance to be successful against the competition at 147 at the time(guys like Mayweather, Pac, Cotto, Margarito, Mosley when he was still in his prime, Clottey, etc), so they told him to move to 154 where he could win a bogus belt against mediocre competition. So, the answer is no, he is not too big for Mayweather and considering the fact that he can only knockout journeymen and 140 pounders, Mayweather has nothing to worry about. The commentators on First Take were too lazy to do their homework or didn't care about these things because it didn' fit their agenda.
                      Last edited by big_james10; 02-20-2013, 11:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X