No announcement yet.

I refuse to order Showtime PPV if…

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by inITtoWINit View Post
    I'm sure Mauro's never seen a boxing match before, and just decided to fill in for Gus. Another guy that calls it down the middle, and calls EVERY shot that lands for either fighter.

You will literally go through a 2 minute stretch without Lampley calling the fight. Instead, he talks about some dumb ****.
    I prefer that, I don’t need Lampley telling me what I already see, what does that do for me? Leave the real boxing talk for Max, and Roy, Lampley is there for the dramatics and he does a good job at it, theres been many memorable Lampley moments whether good or bad, I’ll take that any day over some wrestling commentator

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Balls View Post
      I don't need someone to tell me punch by punch what's happening. This is not radio.

I very much prefer a casual conversations and have the expert chime in on tactical considerations either fighter should make.
      This

Do those apes need to be sure of what they saw?

Comment

Originally posted by pturtle View Post
        Well the kick rocks man, the majority agrees with me so, you probably love wresting, that why you like him so much. Like I said you ape, all he does is stick up for the guy Al Bernstein saids is winning, Jim can tell us why a fighter is losing, what punches the fighter should look out for, he’s not great at it but he is sometimes an analyst while commentates, I prefer that then hearing a guy yell like Michael Cole when a punch happens then go for it.
        That's what Bernstein is there for. Mauro is a color commentator. The play by play guy. His job isn't to give his opinion. Not only that, but he's new to the job. I'm sure there's a pecking order until he gets a few years into the game.

Mauro's first few fights have been much better than Lampley's last few years. Lampley is a biased, HBO whipping boy. Plain and simple.

Keep crying, and don't watch the fights then. You know you are anyways.

Comment

mauro is good for casual fans, his voice makes fights more exciting, showtime knows what they're doing

Comment

I prefer that, I don’t need Lampley telling me what I already see, what does that do for me? Leave the real boxing talk for Max, and Roy, Lampley is there for the dramatics and he does a good job at it, theres been many memorable Lampley moments whether good or bad, I’ll take that any day over some wrestling commentator
            In your other post you just said that you like Lampley for his ability to analyze as well, but now you're saying, "save the boxing talk for Max and Roy??? Jack ass.

Lampley is good at dramatics, but only when a fighter is hurt or there's a flurry going on. The rest of the fight he won't even call, and would rather talk about some other dumb ****, than the fight.

Mauro calls it blow by blow, and adds excitement to it. You said you don't want some WWE type announcer, but love the way Lampley brings excitement to the broadcast.

You're a jack ass. I'm done with you.

Keep crying.

Comment

They don’t drop , Mauro Ranallo from the commentating crew. The guy knows zero about boxing and when he commentates, he makes everything sound fake like he’s a wrestling commentator.

At least with Jim Lampley, he has a history of being a commentator, and half the time when he saids dumb things its fun to talk about on here, he also isn’t clueless about this sport like Mauro Ranallo, sure he’s biased but most commentators are.

The rest of the Showtime crew are very good and to me at least rival the HBO commentators, I like Bernstein and Mallinaggi a lot, I also like Roy and Kellerman(even though he is the most hated after Lampley) but that fool Mauro Ranallo has to go.

Can you guys really picture yourself watching Mayweather/Guerrero and Canelo/Trout listening to that guys voice the whole night? He should be working MMA still or WWE, its a disgrace to have him call Boxing.

Just look at his dumb face
              Malignaggi is not a commentator. He's a ****-talker, that's it. I love him but he commentates like a cat trying to bark.

Comment

All I know is the guy that started this thread can keep on watching HBO. All the good fights seem to moving to Showtime, where I will be watching them. HBO's stock has been dropping for sometime now, and the commentary is just part of it.

Comment

bring back steve albert ...fran charles was the worst imo

Comment

Originally posted by inITtoWINit View Post
                    Max is a bias for NY fighters, ass hat. He lost his "edge" a while ago.
                    Lets not forget his man crush with Broner, can't imagine Merchant being all over broners jock the way Max is.

Comment

I liked Gus better than that guy. Gus makes me want to pound my beers fast. Gus gets me pumped for fight night at my house. I can't stand that other dudes voice. I feel like I am watching MMA at boyz house. I am still ordering the PPV though

Comment

Working...
                      X