No announcement yet.

He's called Money Mayweather for a reason

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by toyboy33 View Post
    Anything is possible but I doubt being broke will ever be a Floyd Mayweather problem. There's only so many expensive toys left to buy for one. Secondly, Floyd hired the best managers in the business. Sure you'll hear about a few BS ventures like clubs and rappers not making money but deals like this one with CBS makes Wall Street take notice. Floyd is so far removed financially from the other boxers that soon even Oscar's wealth may be less than, Floyd's. While fans were scurrying around like mice wondering why Floyd wasn't making his May 4th fight announcement, the Money Team was brokering a power move that has all of the sport talking. In one move Showtime has signed the biggest PPV attraction in boxing and boosted their brand. Well played, Money.
    Evander Holyfield and Mike Tyson both earned over 300 million in their careers.

Do I really need to explain why I said that?

Comment

Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post

Evander and Tyson had their run and so did Oscar. Floyd has reinvented what it means to be a top boxer and celeb. I'll say it now. You'll never see Floyd broke. I'm old enough to have seen the differences between Floyd, Tyson and Evander. Floyd wants to be the richest and most successful boxer of all time and he's on track to do that.

'Don't believe me just watch'.

Comment

I don't know if Floyd will be broke. But the difference with him and Holyfield and Tyson. Floyd seems to have a team around him with his best interests in mind while Tyson and Holyfield didn't.

Comment

Originally posted by dc3383 View Post
          I don't know if Floyd will be broke. But the difference with him and Holyfield and Tyson. Floyd seems to have a team around him with his best interests in mind while Tyson and Holyfield didn't.
          Floyd's biggest move was to dump that blood sucker, Bob Arum. Pac gets the crap beat out of him even when he wins and his promoter Bob Arum lives better than he does. Floyd isn't having none of that nonsense. Between PAC and Floyd, I see Pac being broke as a more likely scenario.

Comment

I understand what you're getting at but c'mon, while Floyd does some stupid ****, it's nothing on the level of Holyfield and Tyson. Evander has like 11 kids with 6 different women, he pays something like 500,000 a year in child support. Tyson had Don King, no explanation needed.

Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post

Comment

Originally posted by josenoway View Post
              Tyson had Don King, no explanation needed.
              Yep. Floyd has no Don King and no Bob Arum to leech off of him. And at the moment he isn't making baby after baby with different women like Holyfield.

It's just the gambling he has to watch out for. And the extravagant spending.

A good money manager would set him up nicely but Floyd might not be into that, sadly.

Comment

Originally posted by josenoway View Post
                I understand what you're getting at but c'mon, while Floyd does some stupid ****, it's nothing on the level of Holyfield and Tyson. Evander has like 11 kids with 6 different women, he pays something like 500,000 a year in child support. Tyson had Don King, no explanation needed.
                Mayweather's a gambling addict and a spendthrift, how is it any different?

If he can address his addiction and curb his spending then sure, but if he does neither then he'll end up exactly like those two guys (and countless others).
                Last edited by Weebler I; 02-19-2013, 10:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
                  Hes also called a Coward for a reason! :WORD:
                  zip it tard. you were one claiming hed duckthe ghost

Comment

They can lift comfortably now. Now... extravagantly is something different.

Comment

Originally posted by J-Smooth View Post
                      :smilol: caring for a millionaire that doesn't care about you

Comment

Working...
                      X