Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather Inks Huge Six Fight Deal With Showtime/CBS

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

like I said before ken hershman must be kicking himself in the head right now...

hopefully this move puts the pressure on hbo to force top rank to end their feud with gbp...there's nothing but crappy and subpar fights left for their network to buy if they don't

Comment

It's 6 fights in over 30 months. That's insane!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by -PANDA- View Post
        like I said before ken hershman must be kicking himself in the head right now...

hopefully this move puts the pressure on hbo to force top rank to end their feud with gbp...there's nothing but crappy and subpar fights left for their network to buy if they don't
        I actually think this helps HBO TREMENDOUSLY.

They will have a ton of money freed up, plus the deal with ESPN-they should be able to put on significantly better fights, especially at the lower weights where some great fighters are.

Frankly, even though they are still considered the "majors"-showtime was putting on better fights for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Pacdbest View Post
          No!!! He's DUCKING more often!! Because HBO has the best fighters! Now he'll be fighting B fighters! Here's the line up, Guerrero, Alexander, Mallinaggi, Peterson, then whoever has the least threat! That's how Floyd operates! His Health is more important!
          Any fighter who steps in the ring is risking their health. If you don't think your health is more important, you're a damn fool. I bet there isn't a fan helping pay any fighters medical bills. All fighters should follow his blueprint, get all the money you can.

Comment

Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post
            Do you care about the sport garnering more attention? Or is it just about Floyd?
            Both. I care that the sport gets more attention...in the right ways of course.

And as for Floyd...I do not like him.

Comment

Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post
              Do you care about the sport garnering more attention? Or is it just about Floyd?
              Neither! It's about the overuse! of exclamation marks!

Comment

I seriously hope this is a wake up call and shakes up the industry to the point where fights start to get made. The nonsense between Top Rank and Golden Boy is stagnating some of the weight classes and forcing mediocre fights on HBO and Showtime. Ridiculous news.

Comment

Originally posted by -PANDA- View Post

Great point here ^. And a huge move from Showtime.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingfeind View Post
                    I`m so freaking happy,i hate HBO and i`ve been saying last year that i hope Floyd leave HBO and go to Showtime.

Now we`ll finally have unbias commentating in Floyd fights.HBO commentators except for Roy can go choke on Pacquaio`s nut-sack.
                    where do dubs like you come from ? You win the TOTAL IDIOT Award

Comment

Very interesting news. He wont fight 6 times in 30 months though...if he does then it will be against poor opponents which will affect the PPV. Be interesting to see how this plays out.

Comment

Working...
                      X