No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather Inks Huge Six Fight Deal With Showtime/CBS

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by chiguy91 View Post
    i forgot what fight it was, but i remember seeing lennon jr on hbo. not sure if i ever saw buffer on showtime. can't recall any fights at the moment. but yeah, most likely it'll be lennon jr doing the intros for mayweather/guerrero. this is such a good move imo, new atmosphere plus ads being featured on cbs. good stuff by floyd with this deal.
    It was back in the 90's when he did a lot of intros for Don King's fighters on HBO if I remember correctly.

Anyway, it is a good move by him. He has been very loyal to HBO over the years to SHOWTIME must have really put some money on the line. Can't knock him for taking the offer.

Comment

• For the Haters Floyd Keep Doing What You're Doing!

Floyd is a genius; he does all his business behind the scene as it should be; he has preserved his body (better than most competitors his age) by not fighting three and four times a year; he is very entertaining; he is a reality show with staying power. While he is a lot of things, Showtime believes in him enough to pay him for what he brings to the game; while haters are busy criticizing him for not being what they want him to be in their eyes! This man is living the dream stop hating and get a life and live your dream. Stop watching the parade if you don't like the show! But we know the truth don't we? Many of you like misery and you hope to see his failure. I got news for you haters this man feeds off your hater attitudes and just gets better and better over time. Keep feeding the hate I'm sure he loves it all the way to the bank! http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/images/faces/moon.gif

Comment

• Originally posted by chiguy91 View Post
        good to hear, hbo is shit now days. lampley and kellerman are complete jokes when it comes to commentating, so it's good to hear someone like bernstein will commentate a big fight. we will probably get to see brian kenny and floyd do another interview soon too.
        You know that would be classic!

Comment

• Originally posted by Fighting_Pride View Post
          mayweather has a lot of blood sucking leeches around him. he is forced to look for greener pastures because of this. once the money stops flowing in, all those leeches will fade and mayweather will end up either in jail, on the street or dead (figuratively than literally)
          Pacquiao fans have so much hatred for Floyd. He affects you guys emotionally huh? I can honestly see u guys crying when pacman got knocked out.

Comment

• Originally posted by turnedup View Post
            We can say the same exact thing about GBP..the problem here is that since Gary Shaw, Zanfer, and others are more than happy to hand over the entire event to GBP those gbp fighter fight outside of their family..notice one thing you are accusing Top Rank of doing the same exact thing GBP copied from them..GBP will not allow anyone else to host a championship bout if they can't control it then it won't happen but the irony is that Top Rank let Rigo get his fight but you say that bob stops GBP from fighting his guys? The fact is Schaeffer and Oscar make their money from milking the sponsors just like Arum does. So calling one guy jam and calling the other guy peanut butter and pretending they aren't ingredients of a sandwich is ludicrous.
            I never really tough about it that way. I do see that GBP is has done a little more copromotion shows than TR. GBP works with shaw, dibella, don king, goosen tutor. Tr has been copromotion with dibella as of late and was about to begin doing so with goosen for the Pavlik- Ward fight

Comment

• "Mayweather's deal could produce $250 million"

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=586208

Comment

• Some people care a little too much about another mans money.

Comment

• Originally posted by The904star View Post
                  Pacquiao fans have so much hatred for Floyd. He affects you guys emotionally huh? I can honestly see u guys crying when pacman got knocked out.
                  As much as their annoying, you gotta worry about those guys, that type of relationship with Floyd is not healthy. Sometimes I wonder if they hate Floyd more than they love manny

Comment

• Originally posted by thuggery View Post
                    Some people care a little too much about another mans money.
                    The important aspect of that article was, in order to make that kind of money, Floyd would have to fight 6 times. 6 times in 30 months. This is relevant for all the people who rightfully insisted that he needed to fight more often. Now he is.

Btw, any successful businessman is very interested in other peoples money.

Comment

Working...
                    X