No announcement yet.

Does Mayweather carry some fighters

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy View Post

Man I've always said, Baldomir = Iron Zangief from Marvel vs Capcom if you guys remember.

Havent seen that fight in a LONG time. It has a reputation of being boring and I forgot how much floyd loaded up on those punches. Also he has lost some speed now and people are right when they say his legs arent what they used to be.

Comment

I don't think he carried Marquez. I think people automatically assume that he did because the fight was expected to be (and was) an insane mismatch. I think Floyd just wanted to go 12 rounds in that one to get some work in due to his long layoff.

Even if he had pressed Marquez he wouldn't have stopped him. He may have scored another knockdown, but he definitely wouldn't have stopped him. Marquez is one of those rare fighters who you'd have to kill to stop.

I would argue that Floyd Mayweather and Bernard Hopkins are, as well.

Comment

I wouldn't say he carried Marquez but he realized that if he pressed for the KO he could get it but he would look bad in the process, so he decided to stick to his gameplan and just outbox him easy.

He didn't have enough time to finish Cotto.

Mosley was holding too much so he stopped trying to press for the KO in the late rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by retnuocllup View Post
          c'mon man... floyd isn't carrying anyone... he has average to below average power at 147 and up. Floyd was trying his best to stop Mosley and Cotto.

he couldn't stop Ortiz without suckerpunching him. Maidana and Lopez actually stopped him and Floyd had to cheat to stop Ortiz.

Just admit it.
          So your saying if you dont see the Floyd punch coming it can KO you , its funny that you dont realize 90% of KO shots are like that , Ortiz was getting stopped in that fight its just too bad it ended the way it did , you do know Floyds KO ratio is 60% Manny is 62% and JMM64% .

Comment

I don't know how to answer things, there are fights where if he picked up the pace ( Mosley, Marquez, Judah) he could have ended things earlier but I think he's smart enough to realise that when you back a man into a corner they will go for broke which could lead to him getting caught.

Comment

I would say it more has to do with there comes in a point in a fight where Floyd is like fuck it I won why do more than win the last rounds. Like the JMM fight Floyd looked like he tried pretty hard to stop him in the 10th or 11th, he didn't seem to get the effect he wanted then just coasted in the 12th.

Pretty sure that is a result of age and the fact that he never had a bad decision go against him in the pros, if he had a bad decision go against him at some point he probably would fight with more urgency to the end but his plan has always worked so it is "if it ain't broke don't fix it"

Comment

Yes. Floyd has carried fighters. Like Bringer said, if he's provoked, he'll turn up the heat. I believe he carries fighters when he's got the fight in the bag and wanted to give the audience their monies' worth.

I also feel he's carried fighters out of compassion for the fighters and their families. If you can believe that.

Comment

People say he carried Oscar so they could have a rematch; I don't think he has carried anybody personally I think he other than Oscar he could haved Ko'd he has faced since 05 but he didn't try to.

Comment

Saying he could carry anybody would mean he could get them out of there. No Mayweather is not carrying anyone. He fights to survive.

Comment

Originally posted by titanium View Post
                      Saying he could carry anybody would mean he could get them out of there. No Mayweather is not carrying anyone. He fights to survive.
                      Survive what he always has the fight in the bag by the 6th rd

Comment

Working...
                      X