Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: “Fighting Words” — Justifying HBO’s Broner Infatuation

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Broner is fighting aggressively and stopping everyone put in front of him in impressive fashion. That's what the fans like and what they want.

Comment

hmmmm

I wonder if he'll fight matthysse when he moves up to 140... I wanna see him showboating there.

Comment

Broner

Boxing needs all the Broners it can get. I wish Broner was a Heavyweight.

Comment

Broner is good for the sport. He's colorful, arrogant, a great talent with room to improve. I really dig that he tries to KO his opponents. I wanna see him move to 140 and take on harder punchers with speed.

It's OK for Max Kellerman to be polite but he's gotta step to it and do his job now that Larry Merchant has retired: ask the hard questions. If it causes animosity between him and some fighters, so be it. HBO can leverage that too.

Comment

Originally posted by moonshineman View Post
            Boxing needs all the Broners it can get. I wish Broner was a Heavyweight.
            I wish he were a heavyweight too. Then Wladimir could knock him the fuck out.

This isn't WWE. Boxing is meant to be a legitimate sport like tennis, soccer, basketball, etc. Do you see Roger Federer saying stupid stuff like this? Many people already think boxers and their fans are ******s, and with people like Broner in the sport it's hard to argue with them.

Comment

Originally posted by The Nephilim
              Broner is a disaster in the making. He's a purse snatcher who punches little old ladies in the face for a few bux. And he has illegitimate kids all over the place. We'll all be paying to feed those soon.

People don't change, so I expect this piece of **** to end up in jail or dead. And Max Kellerman to weep like Cris Arreola after getting beaten to a pulp by Vitali when it happens.

Amerikans and their infatuation with ghetto slime never fails to amaze.
              yet you comment on evedry broner thread huh....go sniff cocaine with hatton and joe

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by The Nephilim View Post
                Broner is a disaster in the making. He's a purse snatcher who punches little old ladies in the face for a few bux. And he has illegitimate kids all over the place. We'll all be paying to feed those soon.

People don't change, so I expect this piece of **** to end up in jail or dead. And Max Kellerman to weep like Cris Arreola after getting beaten to a pulp by Vitali when it happens.

Amerikans and their infatuation with ghetto slime never fails to amaze.
                Wow, a lot of venom and hatred there. Mind if I ask what 3rd world country you are from? It seems you have failed to realize that most boxers have less than glorious backgrounds. Many have been in the streets and had hard backgrounds and were "rescued" by boxing.

It's sad that self righteous people like you sit back and judge a man for his past and yet you are just as flawed as he is. In America we call these people HYPOCRITES.

You may be right, perhaps he has not changed his ways, only time will tell.

Comment

I'm on board with the Broner bandwagon, and was impressed when Broner shifted gears and left Rees in the dust, but wasn't Rees a 30-1 odds? I mean give credit where credit is due to both fighters, but there's no need to gush and kiss ass over beating a 30-1 odds guy.

And I still think Lockett should have given Gavin 1 more second to get to the end of the round and then assess the damage.

Comment

Originally posted by HooksInYou View Post
                    I wish he were a heavyweight too. Then Wladimir could knock him the fuck out.

This isn't WWE. Boxing is meant to be a legitimate sport like tennis, soccer, basketball, etc. Do you see Roger Federer saying stupid stuff like this? Many people already think boxers and their fans are ******s, and with people like Broner in the sport it's hard to argue with them.
                    You couldn't be more wrong. First, Robotic Klitchko would have a massively hard time with Broner's speed, power and athleticism. Broner by brutal (maybe fatal) early stoppage. Second, boxing needs people with PERSONALITY, something the Klitchkos are seriously devoid of.

Be honest, whether you love him or hate him, you and millions of other haters will tune in to watch Broner, if nothing more than to see him lose! Putting butts in seats is what matters most in boxing and Broner, like Mayweather does a great job of this.

Comment

Brings in the ratings? 1.4 million for one fight and one million for a better fight. He'll probably do under 1 million for this fight with Rees. If boxing were in a better timeslot those ratings would double. Weekend nights are the worst days for TV.

Comment

Working...
                      X