Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sulaiman To Marquez: Forget Pacquiao, Retire From Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sure we can say Pacquiao was winning the fight in terms of landing the more noticeable punches. He was landing a lot of shots to Marquez's head, which gets a lot of ooohs and ahhhs from the crowd. But Marquez was quietly landing the the body shots. The not so noticeable punches. Which in turn, opened up a right to the chin that knocked Pacquiao out. People think that Marquez was just taking punches, losing rounds. Point wise, yes we can say Pacquiao was winning. But strategically, Marquez was winning.

And I respect both fighters for letting us witness 4 great fights. With that said, I think they should both retire. If its all about the money, then fine, go for a 5th fight. But if they want to think in long terms, about their health and family, then they should retire. I can't tell them to hang em up, but if they did, I would be happy for them.
    Last edited by The_Sandman; 02-18-2013, 05:39 PM.

Comment

I keep saying this in threads, but really, when is Sulaiman going to just be quiet? I have never heard of a sanctioning body's prez being so hell bent on getting his opinion out there... as if it matters. He just doesn't wanna see JMM lose... and that's a very real possibility with fight #5.

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting_Pride View Post
        I used to have tons of respect for jmm after the 4th encounter but now it seems that knock out punch he threw was one heck of a lucky shot. How come he won't give pacquiao a rematch when pacquiao gave marquez his shot even though he wasn't obligated to. Maybe because marquez truly knows his win was one in a million.
        Why don't you stop making things up and read the damn sig.

Comment

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
          You act like i'm a pacquaio fan or something..i'm speaking the damn truth..why do you think that KO was all the more shocking? Because Marquez was just beating on Pacquaio? I mean seriously I know some of ya'll dislike the guy like he slapped your mama but after that 1st knockdown it was all Pacquaio until he got put to sleep. I almost turned the fight stream off after Marquez got dropped the second time so please don't sit up here and act like Marquez didn't get bludgeoned the majority of that fight before he landed a punch the other guy voluntarily walked right into..I mean it is afterall across the web in ten kinds of slow motion. Anyone saying Marquez would've lasted two more rounds had he not stopped it in the six is crazy..go look at Nacho's face prior to the sudden conclusion of the fight...it says plenty. Personally I do not want Marquez to even bother fighting a fifth time or for that matter to even take a farewell fight..he couldn't have asked for a better exit stage left moment ever. Oh and by the way I was rooting for JMM in that fight but even I believe he was doped the hell up.
          I thought Marquez only got dropped once in the 5th? What people are not understanding is that Marquez fought a smart, technical fight that opened Manny ass up wide. Boxing is not only about power, it's also about sitting down on and being accurate with your punches. JMM took more punishment because he was looking for the KO and he got it. He has always had the style to beat Manny and technically and arguably you can say he did at least twice prior to the 4th fight but he just didn't get the decision(s). If you think Marquez was doped up then it would have to go for Pacquiao too because he had an opportunity to ask for a blood test but didn't. Roach wanted it for the 3rd fight, Marquez said OK if Manny takes it too and then the request disappeared. Same thing for the 4th. Also, if Marquez was on roids, then would that not make him more durable and efficient? He was hurt more in this fight then he was in any other. I hate excuses. Marquez is the better fighter period.

Comment

Originally posted by PunchyPotorff View Post
            I keep saying this in threads, but really, when is Sulaiman going to just be quiet? I have never heard of a sanctioning body's prez being so hell bent on getting his opinion out there... as if it matters. He just doesn't wanna see JMM lose... and that's a very real possibility with fight #5.
            Manny Pacquiao cannot and will not beat JMM. Marquez is too smart and technical for Manny and his fighting style. Pacquiao got 2 questionable wins and a draw against Marquez and Marquez has one crushing KO, 6th round punch out of the rivalry. Many will not be the same after that. Marquez wins again if the 5th happens.

Comment

pac will annihilate marquez the next time they fight...

that's what sulaiman is trying to say...

Comment

Originally posted by v.cassiusali@ya View Post
                pac will annihilate marquez the next time they fight...

that's what sulaiman is trying to say...
                This is funny because Pacquiao got annihilated last time they fought.

Comment

Yea bro GTFO of boxing before Pac KO's you! Retire essay!!!!

Comment

Yeah, we keep hearing about how Marquez is going to get annihilated.
                    every.
                    phucking.
                    time.

He was going to get annihilated in their rematch, didn't happen. Then he was going to get annihilated in their 3rd fight because he had to jump 2 weight classes, didn't happen. Then he was going to get annihilated in their 4th fight because it was going to be the last one, didn't happen.

But yeah, I'm sure Pac is going to annihilate him in their 5th fight. Because he wasn't really looking to annihilate him the first damn 4 times.

Comment

Originally posted by AsianBigfoot View Post
                      PEEDs Marquez should give Pac a 5th fight without the infamous Heredia. and if Maquez can't KO Pac w/out Heredia it only proves he's roided.

Viejo culero Sulaiman should retire too.
                      Sure lets get rid of nacho too while were on it anything else how bout his equipment we should take that too

Comment

Working...
                      X