Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Adrien Broner: Nobody at 140 Would Pose a Problem

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He gets caught way too much, or maybe last night was an off night where he still did what he was supposed to do. I could see Khan giving him problems. Marquez would be an interesting fight, but I'd favor Marquez. Danny not so sure, but he lands flush he can put anyone's lights out.

Comment

I disagree, but we'll definitely see for ourselves when he eventually moves up.

Comment

Originally posted by inITtoWINit View Post
        I said 50/50 because of his chin. As many times as he's been rocked, he might be damaged goods against hard punchers at this point.

I still think Khan beats him though.
        No I don't think so, now I agree Khan is chinny, but he's still beat some pretty decent fighters and hasn't ever lost to anyone he is significantly taller then, that's because you have to be able to touch Khan in order to hurt him. I ain't that big on Khan but as of now, he beats Broner relatively easy. too quick, rangy, and has about the same amount of pop plus he's prime right now.

Comment

I don't think any of them have a style that would give him problems, neither of them are overly fast, all have average or **** footwork and all can be hit and neither of them use much head movement

Broner with that Power and his toughness and slickness inside, I give him a great chance at beating anybody at 140 right now, plus Broner has a chin, he is not afraid to take a hit to land with his Power...but I think Broner destroys anybody at 140 if he gets inside and they start to try and bang with him, because Broner can make you miss him at Close Range plus he is a vicious body puncher, once he gets you going backwards and you don't have good footwork to fight going backwards...YOUR DONE! Keep holding on to the Ponce De Leon fight if you want but Broner is a totally different fighter now then he was then he applies way more pressure
          Last edited by KnockUTheFukOut; 02-17-2013, 02:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
            All depends on how he looks at 140 and what improvements he makes over the next 1-2 years. We haven't seen everything that Broner has in his arsenal because he's been able to physically impose his will on the fighters from 130-135.

I think we will see some new wrinkles in his game if he fights the winners of Burns/Vasquez and Abril/Bogere this year.
            Yeah, I think after the Rees fight, him and his team are going to look to use more foot movement, and improve that jab.

At the same time, I don't think he can be effective fighting like that, because he's most effective planting on his punches.

He doesn't have the craft to fight moving around like Mayweather. He'd end up throwing single, power shots, and losing points. He came up fighting his style, and it won't come natural to him.

It's going to be tough at 140, regardless.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
              All depends on how he looks at 140 and what improvements he makes over the next 1-2 years. We haven't seen everything that Broner has in his arsenal because he's been able to physically impose his will on the fighters from 130-135.

I think we will see some new wrinkles in his game if he fights the winners of Burns/Vasquez and Abril/Bogere this year.
              Exactly, Even in sparring all Broner does is walk people down. It's like that's all he knows how to do, I don't think Broner can be effective fighting on the back foot or going back If the person he's facing has enough power to hurt him..

Comment

Originally posted by KnockUTheFukOut View Post
                I don't think any of them have a style that would give him problems, neither of them are overly fast, all have average or **** footwork and all can be hit and neither of them use much head movement

Broner with that Power and his toughness and slickness inside, I give him a great chance at beating anybody at 140 right now, plus Broner has a chin, he is not afraid to take a hit to land with his Power...but I think Broner destroys anybody at 140 if he gets inside and they start to try and bang with him, because Broner can make you miss him at Close Range plus he is a vicious body puncher, once he gets you going backwards and you don't have good footwork to fight going backwards...YOUR DONE! Keep holding on to the Ponce De Leon fight if you want but Broner is a totally different fighter now then he was then he applies way more pressure
                Khan not overly fast? Not thats funny, better ask Garcia, Khan probably has the fastest hands in the game, and Broner is kinda slow if u watch him at 130 compared to now, too much weight training imo

Comment

Then move up, punk ass biatch.
                  Last edited by Andrew5050; 02-17-2013, 02:41 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Originally posted by KnockUTheFukOut View Post
                    I don't think any of them have a style that would give him problems, neither of them are overly fast and all can be hit and neither of them use much head movement

Broner with that Power and his toughness and slickness inside, I give him a great chance at beating anybody at 140 right now, plus Broner has a chin, he is not afraid to take a hit to land with his Power...but I think Broner destroys anybody at 140 if he gets inside and they start to try and bang with him, because Broner can make you miss him at Close Range plus he is a vicious body puncher
                    Are you on meds? Stand still target, that's insanely easy to hit to the body?

Mattyhsse/Peterson/Garcia/Bradley/Khan/Rios would all have a field day with the kid.

I haven't even mentioned Judah. We've yet to see in him with a slick, athletic boxer.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
                      I told you, lmao. Broner is going to 140, and he is going to make them all look the same. Broner can box and brawl, the others can't, and that's we he will make the guys at 140 look ordinary.

Comment

Working...
                      X