No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Adrien Broner: Nobody at 140 Would Pose a Problem

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by thuggery View Post
    The majority of unbiased boxing fans felt that he beat both. Next?
    Exactly my sentiment....lol

Comment

• He gets hit way too often to proclaim that nobody at 140 would pose a problem for him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
        I'd pick Maidana to beat Matthysse like he always used to in the amateurs.
        There are countless examples of boxers who got beat in the amateurs by a particular fighter avenging that loss as a professional.

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
          He gets hit way too often to proclaim that nobody at 140 would pose a problem for him.
          He stands in the pocket far too much not to get touched a time or two Bringer mah good friend. Looking at how he does position himself when in the pocket leads me to believe there is some lateral movement that he is capable of that he havent had to witness thus far. i could be wrong, but im pretty sure of it at this point and time. I do think there are individuals that will pose a problem for him at 140, but not very many.

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
            He gets hit way too often to proclaim that nobody at 140 would pose a problem for him.
            I'm glad someone sees that and it's not just me. At 140 he's not going to be able to stand right there and trade with smaller guys.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
              I'm glad someone sees that and it's not just me. At 140 he's not going to be able to stand right there and trade with smaller guys.
              Obviously it doesn't make sense to fight like some face first idiot warrior. Especially against a proven puncher.

Out of the elite 140 pounders if Broner moved up he would actually have the best defense out of the group. I think how easy Garcia, Lucas and Rios get hit should be more concerning.

Broner is also a very strong fighter. People thought DeMarco would bully him. Didn't happen. When he moves up I think he will be stronger and will still have pop.

He has more than enough to compete at 140 when the time comes. There are many dimensions to his fight game that I can see the 140 pounders having serious trouble with.

Comment

• Im leaning towards Broner having very competetive pop at 140. Rees has been touched by legit 140lb'ers and has very high praise for Broner's pop. This leads me to believe that his power will transition to 140 just fine. I do however think Broner will have to adjust his game to deal with the firepower coming back at him, but I believe he has a high enough ring IQ to do such.

Comment

• I'm not sure yet who it's gonna be, but I think Broner's mental game is really gonna be tested when he gets clocked hard, and believe me he will inevitably. The thing I like about him is that he does take risks and lets his hands go, but clearly he's wanting to make a show out of it and a name for himself. He's definitely gotta get out of the shadows of Floyd (which hes currently in), but what I think he can do different is be a more aggressive KO artist yet still be tactical and keep a good defense (ala Leonard). He'll never have Floyd's defense because of the risks he takes and Floyd is more of a counter puncher than one who initiates it where Broner sometimes prefers exchanging. But that's when I think he'll really be tested and we'll see whether he gets in a dog fight or switches it up and adapts as the rounds go on. We still yet have to see those things from him and fights at 140 can definitely bring that out whether he wins or loses. I'd really like a Matthysse and Khan fight.

Comment

• Matthysse's defense is still vastly underrated around here.

It's hilarious to me how so many NSB users confuse athleticism with defense.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
                      Absolutely not.

There's no way he's just going to stand and trade with some of the dudes at 140 who thrive on that kind of stuff and have the punching power and workrate to make him look average.

I'm talking about Rios and Matthysse, of course.

Comment

Working...
                      X