No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Adrien Broner: Nobody at 140 Would Pose a Problem

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by el_mas_chingon View Post
    I think Broner would beat Garcia rather easy but Matthysse, Rios and JMM are the ones I see giving him his first L. **** Even Guerrero if he decides to meet him somewhere in between 140-147!
    If he used his feet, and uses his footwork, yes. But he doesn't, and can't.

Comment

• Originally posted by DominiBox View Post
      This right here. I saw Gavin Rees landing clean shots on Broner. As much as i don't like Danny Garcia, if he catches Broner with one of those power hooks, "The Problem" would have some problems.
      Yeah but there BFFs so forget about that one. It's on record.

Comment

• Mayweather-Corralles

Adrien Broner vs Lucas Matthysse would be on par with Mayweather-Corralles. Broner-Demarco was the ultimate cherry pic and broner shamelessly compared that to May-Corrales. Matthysse is considered to be the boogeyman everyone is afraid of. Broner has only been fighting bums outside of de leon. He needs a Matthysse to really be considered the great fighter everyone makes him out to be. Until then he's just another HBO hype job. I can see him moving up and avoiding Vasquez after Vasquez beats burns. At 140 I doubt he fights a top guy right away. Honestly if he fought Danny Garcia I think he would take Garcia's 0. Thats the one fighter tailor made for him. Amir Khan, Matthysse, Rios (we know will never happen), and Lamont Peterson are real fights. Anything less is just another exhibition.

Comment

• Seems now everyone thinks Broner is flat footed and extremely hittable. I don't think thats necessarily true, Rees landed a lot in the first couple rounds but he was literally gassed by the third. Other guys have tried the same tactics on Broner, throwing everything they've got in the first half of the fight....then they take a beating and get knocked out. Gotta realize that Rees was going for the early knockout, and Broner knew he only had to wait until Gav was done throwing his whole arsenal at him and then land a few well timed shots. We have yet to see Broner truly tested (Although I thought he lost to Ponce), and as of right now he hasn't really had to worry about footwork in order to get the job done. The guy clearly has mad skills and boxing finesse, I see no reason why he won't throw in the footwork when he needs to. He's been boxing since he was a kid, fought his first amateur bout at 8, and is still developing as a fighter, what we saw last night was not the finished product. I don't like the guy's attitude, I find him arrogant, obnoxious, and often insecure, but he's one hell of a fighter and I give him respect for that, can't wait until he takes on the real names at 140.....and as for his "trash talking", its all just promoting....these threads are proof of that, no matter what Broner says boxing fans are buzzing about it. Guy knows how to hype a fight, and so far has delivered in the ring, albeit against inferior opponents. Lets wait and see......
          Last edited by WeltshmerzKO; 02-17-2013, 11:34 PM.

Comment

• It's evident that he's (Broner) getting by mostly on talent, which is why I think a switch in trainers could end up serving him well. Someone that can maximize his potential, because what he displayed last night was a serious lack of footwork and if someone like Rees, who is crude in fighting style can catch him, what happens when he gets to 140? The De Leon fight definitely was not a fluke. Broner is supremely talented, but he still needs to learn how to use his feet, if not, he's not going onto greatness anytime soon.

Comment

• Why does everyone act like Matthysee is some super fighter? I bet some of you would pick him to beat Mayweather and Pacquaio at 147....lol

Comment

• So now he won't face these guys and his stans will approve.

Comment

• Originally posted by KnockUTheFukOut View Post
                  I don't think any of them have a style that would give him problems, neither of them are overly fast, all have average or **** footwork and all can be hit and neither of them use much head movement

Broner with that Power and his toughness and slickness inside, I give him a great chance at beating anybody at 140 right now, plus Broner has a chin, he is not afraid to take a hit to land with his Power...but I think Broner destroys anybody at 140 if he gets inside and they start to try and **** with him, because Broner can make you miss him at Close Range plus he is a vicious body puncher, once he gets you going backwards and you don't have good footwork to fight going backwards...YOUR DONE! Keep holding on to the Ponce De Leon fight if you want but Broner is a totally different fighter now then he was then he applies way more pressure
                  Is there a black fighter you won't slobber over?

Comment

• I agree. But the problem is will he ever fight any of the top 140 pounders. Rees had his moments in their fight. I have to think someone not outgunned broners size would be a different story. His shoulder roll defense is bs. floyd is the only fighter in recent years who can stand in front of you and make you miss every single punch. and im not even a floyd fan. Broner got hit alot. He simply over powered his opponent in the rees fight. what happens with guerrero, or lucas. Or even rios. if ponce deleon and rees could touch broner, i believe a top fighter his size will have him on his bike. Hes a more hyped up version of andre berto, not the next mayweather.

Comment

• Broner is going to quickly out grow 135 and he is going to destroy the top 140lbers in the game. They need to unify 140 so that Broner can get all of the belts in one super fight at 140 because none of those guys can beat him even right now!

Comment

Working...
                      X