Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How is Broner Being Held to Higher and Double Standards Already?!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by UrDazed View Post
    Fans that weren't sold on Broner due to the DeLeon fight. Keep denying it all you like but it's the truth.
    de leon is actually a good fighter.demarco isnt,nor will he ever be.he is absolutely terrible,and im pretty sure you will find a ton of people who share my opinion even before broners beatdown

Comment

Originally posted by r.burgundy View Post
      everybody claims to make weight easily.when broner couldnt make 130,he blamed it on somebody else
      He looked in good shape at the weight.

Originally posted by R-NEAL View Post
      Lol at Broner being too big for 135 or struggling to make the weight... The guy was caught on camera drinking a Sprite before he got on the scale.. As a matter of fact, he was still holding the can and still weighed 134.0.. LOL.

Yeah, sounds like weight drained to me...lol
      Yeah, I don't think he had any issues. As things stand I think he's a legitimate 135lb fighter.

Comment

When a fighter or his fans proclaim said fighter to be the greatest thing since sliced bread then thats hyperboyle even with an immense talent like Broner. The knee jerk reaction from other boxing fans who are NOT Broner fans is to be far harsher on him....

Guy is 23 has an excellent defence, solid chin, great power and fast hands that all complement his skill set. Is he unbeatable? HELL NO! Is he as good as Floyd? Again, HELL NO! Is he a twat? HELL YEAH! But he is still a top talent and looks like homing in on a p4p spot before long now, kid will go far.

I want a Burns fight and if he comes through that 135 is toast move up to 140 and we have some Really great fights for him

Comment

de leon is actually a good fighter.demarco isnt,nor will he ever be.he is absolutely terrible,and im pretty sure you will find a ton of people who share my opinion even before broners beatdown
          A ton of people share the opposite opinion, though.

Comment

Originally posted by UrDazed View Post
            A ton of people share the opposite opinion, though.
            i think people shared the opposite just cause they want desperatly for broner to lose.im not 1 of those people who wanna see the guy fall,but i call it how i see it.demarco is a bum.there is just really no getting around that.

as far as this thread topic,broner wants us to think he is the best thing since sliced bread,then he has to prove that.beating up on physically smaller guys,and failing to make weight is not how you prove your point

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
              New drinking game. Take a shot whenever a Mayweather and Broner fans says "double standard".

Comment

Originally posted by retnuocllup View Post
                Broner should clean out 135 fast and get to 140 and 147 where the real money is
                why fast.... he is only 23... this dude just moved up from 130 just had is 2nd fight there and ppl were already saying he too big for 135 before his 2nd fight at the damn weight..... my goodness... he made the weight comfortably let dude fight at the fight....

when its time then move up, u dont move up just because the competition in your class isnt on your level, u move up when u can no longer make the weight... hopkins stayed at middle weight for how long??... noone complained... andre ward has been at his weight for how long??..

he will move up, give him time... maybe sometime in 2014

Comment

Broner has set the standard.

Let's face it, he's done very little in the sport so far and is talking as if he's done something.

He's got a handful of solid wins (Litzau, DeLeon, Perez, Escobedo, Rees) which are nothing big to shout about and one good win in Demarco and he's talking like he's a P4P ranked fighter. He's set the bar that high with his talk, so you have to expect the high standard on him. It comes with the territory.

Now, if he'd have gone to Japan and beat Uchiyama and unified against Salgado at 130 instead of getting a vacant belt off an unranked fighter then moved up and destroyed DeMarco like he did, then maybe things would be different.

Comment

i think people shared the opposite just cause they want desperatly for broner to lose.im not 1 of those people who wanna see the guy fall,but i call it how i see it.demarco is a bum.there is just really no getting around that.

as far as this thread topic,broner wants us to think he is the best thing since sliced bread,then he has to prove that.beating up on physically smaller guys,and failing to make weight is not how you prove your point
                    You don't get to where Demarco got by being a bum.

Comment

Originally posted by slickslysmooth View Post
                      Ever since he was compared to Mayweather for being ****y or using the philly shell D he has been set to standards much too high. He isn't May, doesn't fight like May.

I'd rather compare him to James Toney.
                      Not nearly as slick as Toney, that defence was a thing of beauty.

Comment

Working...
                      X