Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's Be Realistic for a Few Seconds- Broner Shouldn't Move to 140

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

he is clearly too big for the division,and will not be able to make that weight much longer anyways.he wants to be a star and swag jack mayweather,then its time he stopped soup cans

Comment

Matthysse, Judah, Khan and Garcia will be a mini tournament with one man standing. People act like they will all be on winning streaks and waiting for Broner to move up. The landscape could look much different in a year

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
        he should take his time because at 23 hes got plenty of it. dominate at 135 and build a legacy as one of the most dominant lightweights. then in 2-3 years when his metabolism changes and he naturally grows into the next weightclass he can move up.

he should listen to his body though, absolutely no need to rush yourself moving up in weight when you are 23 and comfortably making the weight you are at. hes got plenty of time to conquer those weights later on when the time is right.
        Legacy is the key word here.
        There will be no great legacy fighting the likes of Rees.

Broner needs to have a career defining fight to become a legend.
        Thats what he claims he wants to be.

Looking at the rankings of up and coming fighters I just don't see anybody.
        Maybe Gamboa but thats it and we all know that fight won't happen with 50 cent apart of it. You know.....the 50 cent that tried to get Mayweather to leave al Haymon.

Go to 140 and fight the best out there right now.
        Broner is ready.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGBOXINGFAN View Post
          Go to 140 and fight the best out there right now.
          Broner is ready.
          Everything else is nothing but noise.

Comment

He has the potential to move up to welterweight at some time in his career. I do agree though, for right now... He should unify the titles in lightweight and look to move up next year.

Comment

Broner should fight the Burns-Vasquez winner then fight the Abril-Borgere winner.

Then move to 140 in 2014.

Comment

Originally posted by TRTboy View Post
                Bull****!! Who the **** he going to fight at LW? There's nobody in that division. Unless you are content in watching him blast C level fighters cool but don't go around claiming he is P4P.
                Burns and Vasquez are C level now? Jesus.

Comment

Originally posted by UrDazed View Post
                  Burns and Vasquez are C level now? Jesus.
                  Boxing must really be dead if the best fighters in the division are C level

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
                    Boxing must really be dead if the best fighters in the division are C level
                    I'm willing to bet most 'fans' have only seen Broner's last 2 bouts.

Comment

He will be 140 by this time next year. There is no reason to rush a 23 yr old figher. The winner of the Abril vs Borgee, Burns vs Vasquez and a Gamboa fight are still good matchups at 135. Of course Broner would be favored but that's not a reason to go up in weight. There is a favorite in damn near every fight, very few are pick'em fights. You guys are wishing for a loss and that's why you want him to go up so bad. The matchups I mentioned are solid matchups and if they can be made Broner should take them before moving up. Now I am not a fan of fighting guys like Rees consistently at 135. But a stay busy fight between fighting another champion is fine. I believe he will move up if he can't get the guys I mentioned soon.

Comment

Working...
                      X