Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Guerrero go back to being a cherrypick fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by inITtoWINit View Post
    Floyd's mandatory is Trout/Canelo/Lara, depending on the JMW rankings, haven't checked.

Obviously Guerrero is his mandatory at WW, but it's pretty damn obvious why he took this fight.

Don't even say it was for the money. Guerrero doesn't make dollars or sense. Not a money fight, and not a legacy fight.
    Like I said, if he fought 2 times per year and always fought his mandatory there would be no issue with this fight.

The problem is if he fights Guerrero, makes $40 million, wins 9 easy rounds and then disappears for another year or so.

If he fights once per year, then I agree, it should be the best fight available which is somebody at 154. If he fights Guerrero and Canelo/Trout this year, then it's all good with me.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
      Like I said, if he fought 2 times per year and always fought his mandatory there would be no issue with this fight.

The problem is if he fights Guerrero, makes $40 million, wins 9 easy rounds and then disappears for another year or so.

If he fights once per year, then I agree, it should be the best fight available which is somebody at 154. If he fights Guerrero and Canelo/Trout this year, then it's all good with me.
      Agreed.

And I think that's the plan.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
        The point was that Trout and Martinez are bigger than Cotto, i.e. 154lb+ fighters. Cotto couldn't hurt Trout, he was too big and powerful.

Anyway, the point I was making is that I don't believe FMJ would be keen to fight Martinez/Trout purely on a size basis.
        You have a point Trout and Serg are bigger than Floyd. But Serg is not a pressure fighter that would push Floyd back against the ropes and make his size a real advantage. Hes a boxer. Hes not even a volume puncher. Hes basically a pot shotter. Trout is more of a volume puncher but Cotto was backing him up the first half of the fight. Cotto was the one forcing the issue.

So of course those guys are bigger but the only way Trout gets Floyd is by beating Canelo in spectacular fashion. If he wins an uneventful desicion I bet Floyd passes on Trout. And it has nothing to do with being scared and everything to do with business.

Comment

Floyd/Serg is a huge fight, because Serg did great numbers with Chavez jr., and is regarded as a top 5 P4P fighter. They could sell this fight as P4P vs. P4P.

Didn't I just say Canelo would do double the buys of Guerrero/Alexander?

You just said they need a return on their investment. Sergio said he'd do a 80/20 split, and that's a guaranteed huge money maker.

You obviously just talk out of your ass to make your self sound smart.
          Canelo vs Floyd would do huge numbers but Shafer told Jim Lampley on his show they werent ready to make that fight. What's happen since then? A win over Josesito Lopez lmao. And Chavez vs sergio did huge numbers because of Chavez' fanbase. If Sergio was this big star than whys he fighting in Argentina? That Macklin fight had 3500 in attendance and that fight was in NYC.

Comment

of course it is...

Guerrero is the weakest 'WW' champion . Floyd is going to fight him, that's for sure
            just like he fought the other weak WW champion Carlos Baldomir.

But when Cotto,Marg,Pac, Clottey,Pwill once ruled the WW, his b!!tch as$ retired!

Comment

Originally posted by vErDuGo View Post
              of course it is...

Guerrero is the weakest 'WW' champion . Floyd is going to fight him, that's for sure
              just like he fought the other weak WW champion Carlos Baldomir.

But when Cotto,Marg,Pac, Clottey,Pwill once ruled the WW, his b!!tch as$ retired!
              So Alexander and Malignaggi are superior to Guerrero?

Comment

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
                Canelo vs Floyd would do huge numbers but Shafer told Jim Lampley on his show they werent ready to make that fight. What's happen since then? A win over Josesito Lopez lmao. And Chavez vs sergio did huge numbers because of Chavez' fanbase. If Sergio was this big star than whys he fighting in Argentina? That Macklin fight had 3500 in attendance and that fight was in NYC.
                Of course it was due to Chavez's fan base, but since that fight Sergio gained major exposure. That was my point, and you know it. Not only that, but he's a consensus P4P fighter.

The fight sells itself. You're just giving Floyd every excuse to take easy fights.

So at the end of the day, you'll defend whatever Floyd does, and don't care if he's in a risky fight. Ok, cool.
                Last edited by Scarcaztic; 02-16-2013, 11:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post

Agree, but I;m not even confident he'll make the Canelo/Trout fight. If he does, he'll take another vacation for a year and a half.

He doesn't fight frequently enough.

Comment

Of course it was due to Chavez's fan base, but since that fight Sergio gained major exposure. That was my point, and you know it. Not only that, but he's a consensus P4P fighter.

The fight sells itself. You're just giving Floyd every excuse to take easy fights.

So at the end of the day, you'll defend whatever Floyd does, and don't care if he's in a risky fight. Ok, cool.
                    Yes but it Floyds name that sells. I love how just because you think Serg can beat Floyd that makes Floyd scared. I love how you haters think. I just want to see Floyd fight. Serg, Trout, Canelo, whoever I dont care.

Comment

Agree, but I;m not even confident he'll make the Canelo/Trout fight. If he does, he'll take another vacation for a year and a half.

He doesn't fight frequently enough.
                      Schaefer was just hollerin canelo wasnt ready........

Please go sit down, your hate is too obvious bruh....

This time last year Trouts best win was who david lopez, delvin rodriguez???

Come on man......

Why would he not wanna fight canelo??? or trout???

You actin like they monsters....

NEWSFLASH FLOYD AS BUILT HIMSELF TO BE ABLE TO FIT WHO HE WANTS....

Just enjoy him while he is fightin... same goes for pac and the rest...

yall throw da word duck out like yall warriors or some shat lol

Comment

Working...
                      X