No announcement yet.

Prime Vitali Klitschko vs Prime Mike Tyson

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
    I assure you that I'm not "trying to say" anything other than what I'm actually typing.

You mentioned Tyson vs Heavyweight ATGs, I responded.
    Oh yeah, lmao. Show me the post.

Comment

It's weird to me how Tyson fans try to pretend that either Klitschko isn't on Tyson's level when their resumes are all very similar in the fact that they all lack any win of real significance.

The funny thing is that the Klitschkos (Vitali, in particular) managed to beat their less-than-stellar opposition, while Tyson got KTFO'd by his.
      not sure if trolling

tyson was never KTFO until he dumped d'amato

Comment

Originally posted by joesaiditstrue View Post
        not sure if trolling

I assure you I'm not trolling.

How does a guy go from being a prime unstoppable beast when he flattens Frank Bruno to shot to **** less than a year later when he himself is flattened by Buster Douglas?

I love Tyson. I loved watching him fight as a kid, I love everything he did (both good and bad) that kept people talking about the sport, I love how he helped attract new fans to the sport, I love how he's changed his life around and seems to have found a certain amount of peace within himself, etc...

I just don't like his rabid fans who pretend that A.) He had a credible era, and B.) He was shot to **** when Buster Douglas beat him down. Especially not nowadays when we're seeing more and more guys achieve (and re-attain) success in boxing at older and older ages. (Mayweather, Martinez, Hopkins, etc...)

I just don't believe Tyson wasn't in his prime anymore at the tender age of 24, and without having taken any kind of a beating prior.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
          Oh yeah, lmao. Show me the post.
          I'd be happy to.

Originally posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
          Please don't match the post Prison mike versus any great. The Tyson that fought Holy wasn't Mike at all. Jail took away everything Tyson ever had. Before jail, Tyson could compete with any heavy in history.
          I even took the liberty of bolding it for you.

Comment

Accidentally clicked Tyson UD,i meant VK by decision,both are overrated but the match-up favours Vitali stylistically

Comment

I assure you I'm not trolling.

How does a guy go from being a prime unstoppable beast when he flattens Frank Bruno to shot to **** less than a year later when he himself is flattened by Buster Douglas?

I love Tyson. I loved watching him fight as a kid, I love everything he did (both good and bad) that kept people talking about the sport, I love how he helped attract new fans to the sport, I love how he's changed his life around and seems to have found a certain amount of peace within himself, etc...

I just don't like his rabid fans who pretend that A.) He had a credible era, and B.) He was shot to **** when Buster Douglas beat him down. Especially not nowadays when we're seeing more and more guys achieve (and re-attain) success in boxing at older and older ages. (Mayweather, Martinez, Hopkins, etc...)

I just don't believe Tyson wasn't in his prime anymore at the tender age of 24, and without having taken any kind of a beating prior.
              Every so often you see or hear about someone that achieved something that they were never expected in a million years to achieve, through determination that came from an event in their personal lives. That' what happened in the Tyson-Douglas fight.
              Last edited by Jam Jars; 02-16-2013, 05:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by joesaiditstrue View Post
                not sure if trolling

Do you mean Rooney?

Comment

People are overrating Tyson..... and underrating Vitali.

Comment

I think that prime Tyson would have much better chance against Lennox or Wlad. It's all about the matchup.

It's very hard to predict. Tyson would need to KO Vitali to win.

Comment

Tyson wasn't a bad "boxer" when he chose to be either he had a decent jab, good combinations and had a decent all round defence. The people that think Tyson loses every fight if he doesn't KO his opponent don't know what they are talking about. Vitali's usual workrate and accuracy would be seriously affected by Tysons head movement and pressure, he wouldn't be stood on the outside letting Vitali tee off on him like you're used to seeing. Prime Vitali went to war with an old Lewis looked sloppy as hell and Lewis who isn't known for a great chin walked through everything Vitali could throw at him. Tyson destroys that Vitali.

Comment

Working...
                      X