Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Nacho: Marquez Looking at Brandon Rios, Not Pacquiao

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like that fight it's got that Mexican vs Mexican American rivalry to it. As long as Bob Arum wants to make Pac vs Marquez 5. This fight is not going to get made any time soon.

Comment

Rios will get KTFO too. never seen 39 year old boxer develop KTFO power in only one fight

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP
        Trainer Nacho Beristain is sided with his fighter, Juan Manuel Marquez, and disagrees with the idea of staging a fifth fight with Manny Pacquiao. A few weeks ago Marquez (55-6-1, 40KOs) said that he didn't see any reason to fight Pacquiao (54-5-2, 38KOs) for a fifth time.

"I think for me there is no point [in a fifth fight]. We already achieved the desired result. Then why do it? So I also asked several people, several friends that I have around me and they told me not to do it, that there is no point in a fifth fight. I said before the fourth fight that no matter how this fight ends, there can not be a fifth," Marq
        uez said. [ Click Here To Read More]

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Rios vs Marquez will never happen. JMM vs Pac 5 was signed long ago so....there you have it. But i would love to see Rios DESTROYING Marquez.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza
            Quote:

Originally Posted by BennyST

Marquez had his nose broken in the first round and was knocked down three times in the first round of their first fight.

2004 is too old school. Didn't happen.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

I like this fight,I'd rather Marquez Bradley(for obvious reasons)but this will do..I kinda doubt it happens tho..

Comment

JMM vs Rios is a good fight. I'm all for it. Make it happen, Marquez.

Comment

Now THAT is a good fight! Hope it happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                    JMM is just pushing for more money
                    Co sign!!!! Thread should had ended with this post!

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
                      So JMM vs. Bradley it is.................AWESOME fight. That would be a great retirement fight for JMM. Both Pac and JMM retire and leave Bradley in the P4P#1 spot undefeated at 31-0 with wins over Pac, Rios, JMM, Alexander, Peterson, Provid, Witter, Abregu and Holt.
                      I could live with this were it to actually happen. I'm a fan of Timmeh.

But it aint gonna' happen like that.

What's gonna' happen is JMM will probably fight Pac for big money.

And that's best for Bradley anyway because right now, he gets whupped by either fighter.

If they don't fight him before they retire, he can claim the one (bad) decision win he holds scared them both off and they ducked him.

So, Bradley will keep relatively quiet while JMM and Pac go about the business of lining their retirement pockets.

Comment

Working...
                      X