Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lucas Matthysse vs. Adrien Broner: who would win?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Matthysse would destroy him

Comment

would be a helluva fight while it lasted, but my man lucas would end that hairbrushing madness in the middle rounds

Comment

I don't care for Broner and am well on board the Lucas bandwagon, but I'll be real here. It's a toss up in my mind. Broner has the skills to do the job, but he has to fight differently than we have seen in the past to pull it off. He can't stand in place shoulder rolling a bull like Lucas. Broner can be hit and Lucas puts you down. Plus, Broner would finally be fighting someone larger than him. Much, much larger. If I was forced to bet I'd say Broner is ahead on the cards and gets caught and stopped. But it could just as easily be a wide Broner ud.
        Last edited by Motofan; 02-15-2013, 02:43 AM.

Comment

Either Lucas KO or Broner decision.

Definitely like the resemblance to the Judah fight where it was close since neither really wanted it more to take risks. Lucas was afraid of speed and Judah of his power.

But its kinda either live or die by the sword. Its pretty 50/50. Either Broner could be more active then Judah and make it like a mayweather-cotto fight, but at the same time the more he throws the more he leaves him open to Lucas.

2 of the hottest althetes around their weight classes but I'll go with Lucas til broner proves himself at 135 and 140.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

i made a thread just like this and initially sided with broner by UD. but as times passes by, i'm starting to think matthysse has what it takes to sparks 'em out. i think broner has a glass chin waiting to be exposed

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
              Broner was intimidated by Ponce De leon's pressure, where he basically lost the fight after throwing 1 punch at a time
              Broner is a much more improved boxer then in the Ponce Dleon fight.Matthyse`s
              style is made to order for a Broner.Matthyse is a pressure fighter and we all seen what happened when Demarco pressured Broner.If Matthyse tries to box Broner he would get schooled also cause Broner is the far superior boxer and is much faster.Matthyse`s only chance is if he could land something big enough times or if Broner badly fatigue`s.

Broner by lopsided decision.

Comment

I'd go with Lucas for now. Judah fights nothing like Broner...

Broner will need to move up but Lucas isn't undersized a 140. This batch of 140 pounders is made up of some big guys. Broner will make him look bad at times but Broner likes to mix it up and is prone to being stationary. He isn't that hard to hit...he just tends to hit faster and harder to whats been smaller dudes (for the most part).. I think while he probably does have a higher ceiling than Lucas...I think stylistically guys like Rios and Matthysse will be a little much.

Bottom line is Broner needs to fight better fighters before I give him the benefit of the doubt against a mostly proven stud at 140....especially if he's coming up.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingfeind View Post
                  Broner is a much more improved boxer then in the Ponce Dleon fight.Matthyse`s
                  style is made to order for a Broner.Matthyse is a pressure fighter and we all seen what happened when Demarco pressured Broner.If Matthyse tries to box Broner he would get schooled also cause Broner is the far superior boxer and is much faster.Matthyse`s only chance is if he could land something big enough times or if Broner badly fatigue`s.

Broner by lopsided decision.
                  DeMarco is much more of a boxer than a pressure fighter. He was being out-boxed, so he was forced to fight the way he fought against Broner. Matthysse is gonna pressure out of the gate and he's shown to be sturdy in all areas. Broner by decision or Matthyse by stoppage.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
                    DeMarco is much more of a boxer than a pressure fighter. He was being out-boxed, so he was forced to fight the way he fought against Broner. Matthysse is gonna pressure out of the gate and he's shown to be sturdy in all areas. Broner by decision or Matthyse by stoppage.
                    Those are the two most probable outcomes.

Comment

Lucas walks through him and possibly breaks his jaw with the way broner always keeps his mouth open.

Comment

Working...
                      X