No announcement yet.

Finally someone honest about being scared of Golovkin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
    I'm always skeptical even of proven world class opposition. I give him props for that fight, I rate Rosado higher than a lot of people on here and despite him not being a middleweight as such I think he'd do well as a middleweight.
    Hes got the size, good power, good handspeed, he is fluid and I feel he is well rounded.

I'm a fan of Golovkins style and I like his attitude, I just want to see him tested before I am full on board. I've seen a lot of guys before who have looked mighty against smaller/lesser guys and hailed as the next big thing, they've stepped up and got exposed.
    Tyrone Brunson would be a decent example IMO; he was knocking everyone dead, broke a load of records, had a lot of hype then he got stopped by Carson Jones I think it was. That was a minor step up. That was the end of him!

I also find it interesting when these punchers come along and someone can take their best shots and still keep coming. Is there a plan B? Will they get discouraged?
    You're not real skeptical of 11 fight Rigo, in fact you dog a 4 division champ for not signing on asap. And rofl at the Brunson comparison.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
      i hate to talk down to people about this stuff, but if you've ever had an asset worth protecting you develop a better understanding of why people avoid gennady golovkin

not only is he good and relatively low reward, he is a huge puncher.

losing to a slickster is one thing. you go 12 rounds, hardly get a scratch, and people complain about the guy who beats you.

losing to golovkin might be the last thing you ever do in a boxing ring.

there's a huge risk involved with fighting a guy like that.

risk

understand what i mean when i say risk, and you'll understand why boxers get "ducked." no boxer on TV, or fighting for a world title, or top amateur title, is "scared" of another fighter. he wouldn't have gotten to the top. fighters are avoided because of amount of risk they pose vs the reward. they aren't avoided for any other reason.
      So to sum up fighters are scared to lose or get horribly beaten, possibly to death.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
        i hate to talk down to people about this stuff, but if you've ever had an asset worth protecting you develop a better understanding of why people avoid gennady golovkin

not only is he good and relatively low reward, he is a huge puncher.

losing to a slickster is one thing. you go 12 rounds, hardly get a scratch, and people complain about the guy who beats you.

losing to golovkin might be the last thing you ever do in a boxing ring.

there's a huge risk involved with fighting a guy like that.

risk

understand what i mean when i say risk, and you'll understand why boxers get "ducked." no boxer on TV, or fighting for a world title, or top amateur title, is "scared" of another fighter. he wouldn't have gotten to the top. fighters are avoided because of amount of risk they pose vs the reward. they aren't avoided for any other reason.
        Good post. Matthysse is going through the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
          You're not real skeptical of 11 fight Rigo, in fact you dog a 4 division champ for not signing on asap. And rofl at the Brunson comparison.

Rigondeaux has beaten former world champions in his respected weight class, top 10 ranked opposition and bigger guys.

Golovkin hasn't and has over twice as many fights, hes also been a pro for twice as long.

Rigondeaux is facing Donaire in his 12th pro outing next who is Golovkin fighting again in what will be his 26th pro outing?

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
            So to sum up fighters are scared to lose or get horribly beaten, possibly to death.
            "your son is gonna die."

Comment

There is a lot of this kind of talk but from what I've seen, most of the talk is coming from promoters. The sentiments of the promoters don't necessarily represent the sentiments of their fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                Rigondeaux has beaten former world champions in his respected weight class, top 10 ranked opposition and bigger guys.

Golovkin hasn't and has over twice as many fights, hes also been a pro for twice as long.

Rigondeaux is facing Donaire in his 12th pro outing next who is Golovkin fighting again in what will be his 26th pro outing?
                What champions? I count 1, Rico Ramos. Hope you're counting interim belts. Btw, if he's so avoided, how did he manage to force his mandatory on Haymon client Ramos in his 1st title defense? Sturm managed to dodge GG in exact same situation for 2 years.

You just said Golovkin doesn't deserve a shot at Sergio, yet not only you think similarly unproven Rigo deserves one vs Donaire, but that all of Donaire's cred hangs on it.

So who do you suggest for Golovkin, and what he should do if these guys are unwilling?

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
                  There is a lot of this kind of talk but from what I've seen, most of the talk is coming from promoters. The sentiments of the promoters don't necessarily represent the sentiments of their fighters.
                  Hearn acknowledges that in the clip. He says Barker would fight Golovkin no problem and that fighters will almost always fight whoever's put in front of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
                    Hearn acknowledges that in the clip. He says Barker would fight Golovkin no problem and that fighters will almost always fight whoever's put in front of them.
                    I probably should have watched the clip but at least he is honest. That is the bad thing about the business side of boxing, it really stops the best fights from happening.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
                      I probably should have watched the clip but at least he is honest. That is the bad thing about the business side of boxing, it really stops the best fights from happening.
                      The thing is, it's not like these guys have a lot going on, the Brits in particular. Where do they get a similar payday and a shot at a title? The 3 Brits collectively have won 0 titles so far. What's the plan, try to lure Geale to England?

Comment

Working...
                      X