Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Floyd hadn't ducked Paul Williams, what would have been the result?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
    I stopped reading after you said Quintana was durable. He didnt look durable when Cotto was pounding him out in 6 rounds in his first WW fight, or when PWill KOd him in the first. I just dont think PWill is a good fighter technically. Hes tall but fights small. Dont have great feet. Not a huge puncher like say a Manny. Horrible defensively. Hell how many categories is that? When you fight a fighter like Floyd you have to be great at something. By the way Berto and PWill had the same type of record their not the same fighter. PWill might of had more heart but Berto more natural talent.
    You're someone's alt, so I'm not going back and fourth with you for 5 more pages. You've already let it be known that Floyd can't lose to anyone in the history of boxing.

Thanks for spitting knowledge kid.

Comment

I like InIt's loyalty to good old Paul. Green K mang, you better not start **** when your boy D-Rose comes back and talk about how he's better than CP3.

Comment

P will is my favorite fighter of all time. We from the same area (CSRA), and he is an all around a great guy. With that being said, p will has no defense what so ever and Floyd woulda landed that right at anytime and moved outta that way. People bring up pw work rate, which is amazing, but he wasn't very fast. Floyd would counter him all night and run for a UD. But hey, it is boxing, only takes one punch so you never know

Comment

Ok this is my last post on this subject.

The thing that I don't get about certain posters, is that they act like you're telling them a joke when you tell them you think fighter A beats Floyd. Or they don't look at the positives for fighter A against Floyd, and if they do, they over blow Floyd's positives in order to negate fighter A's positives. It's impossible to have a real boxing discussion with certain posters that can in no way see Floyd losing.

To all the knowledgeable fight fans, RESPECT.

To the other posters, LMFAO.

Comment

Originally posted by inITtoWINit View Post
            Well, seeing that he does know how to use his reach effectively, but you seem to think he's Corralles, I'll just give you that one for ****s and giggles.

Okay. Work rate, chin, pressure, height (huge factor, seeing that Floyd has to punch up at a 6'2 fighter), power, ability to cover more distance, stamina (Floyd likes to back up on the ropes a lot to conserve energy.), having the luxury of not having to run around the ring all night, thus fighting at his own pace, etc.

There's probably more, just can't think of any.
            Floyd also has a pretty average/poor workrate, only throws about 40 punches per round. That's why I always felt guys with ridiculous workrates coupled with granite chins like Paul and Margarito would have given him the most trouble at welterweight.

Comment

Originally posted by SugarAnt05 View Post
              P will is my favorite fighter of all time. We from the same area (CSRA), and he is an all around a great guy. With that being said, p will has no defense what so ever and Floyd woulda landed that right at anytime and moved outta that way. People bring up pw work rate, which is amazing, but he wasn't very fast. Floyd would counter him all night and run for a UD. But hey, it is boxing, only takes one punch so you never know
              Which is why I said Quintana beat him and he landed that same punch all night long, and Floyd would have lost to him? lol come on.

Comment

Originally posted by WARQUEZ View Post
                I like InIt's loyalty to good old Paul. Green K mang, you better not start **** when your boy D-Rose comes back and talk about how he's better than CP3.
                Dude. D-Rose had an interview with USA TODAY talking about, "maybe not coming back this year." I have no doubts he'll be back this year. No doubts.

LOL. Bro, I love CP3. He's one of my favorite players in the league, but still gotta go with my man D-Rose. Either way respect Cp3.

I am not a P-Will fan boy. Trust me. I was happier than a clam, when Sergio KO'd him. I just passionately feel like he would beat Floyd. I respect that you think Floyd would win, but I just happen to disagree. It's whatever, they're both great fighters (although you called him a bum, LOL).

No hard feelings. Just a good ol boxing discussion.

Sorry if I mistook you for a Flowmo. No disrespect brother.

Sent you a green K as well.
                Last edited by Scarcaztic; 02-13-2013, 01:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BafanaBafana View Post
                  Floyd also has a pretty average/poor workrate, only throws about 40 punches per round. That's why I always felt guys with ridiculous workrates coupled with granite chins like Paul and Margarito would have given him the most trouble at welterweight.
                  Agree. I even think your boy Trout would beat him.

Comment

Originally posted by inITtoWINit View Post
                    Dude. D-Rose had an interview with USA TODAY talking about, "maybe not coming back this year." I have no doubts he'll be back this year. No doubts.

LOL. Bro, I love CP3. He's one of my favorite players in the league, but still gotta go with my man D-Rose. Either way respect Cp3.

I am not a P-Will fan boy. Trust me. I was happier than a clam, when Sergio KO'd him. I just passionately feel like he would beat Floyd. I respect that you think Floyd would win, but I just happen to disagree. It's whatever, they're both great fighters (although you called him a bum, LOL).

No hard feelings. Just a good ol boxing discussion.

Sorry if I mistook you for a Flowmo. No disrespect brother.
                    It's all good my dude I just got some deep bias against Paul because of the massive hype he got in 07, I liked watching him fight he's an exciting fighter and no doubt and we all have a right to own opinion it's just some good old fashion boxing talk with a little bit of trolling in the mix. No disrespect.

Speaking of trolling, there's not a doubt in my mind D-rose is trolling every single one of y'all He'll be back before the playoffs I'm sure of it.

Anyway good talk to my brother.

Comment

Originally posted by WARQUEZ View Post
                      It's all good my dude I just got some deep bias against Paul because of the massive hype he got in 07, I liked watching him fight he's an exciting fighter and no doubt and we all have a right to own opinion it's just some good old fashion boxing talk with a little bit of trolling in the mix. No disrespect.

Speaking of trolling, there's not a doubt in my mind D-rose is trolling every single one of y'all He'll be back before the playoffs I'm sure of it.

Anyway good talk to my brother.
                      He better be trolling! I can't take this wait anymore! I NEED YOU DERRICK!!!

NO ****.

Comment

Working...
                      X