Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Floyd hadn't ducked Paul Williams, what would have been the result?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WARQUEZ View Post
    Shhhh, most of the people in this thread either only seen Paul fight once or twice or actually never had.

They hear other people talking about Paul being this once amazing, and most feared fighter so they just go along with it.

You're dropping too much knowledge my boy.
    Very true,people like thuggery and other floyd haters on this forum don't have much knowledge about boxing and most of them started to watch boxing after pacquiao beat de la hoya.

Comment

^^^ Which is why I don't think Floyd ever in his life entertained the thought of fighting P-Will. Too many advantages in Paul's favor, and not that many for Floyd.

Edit: In response to my own post.

Comment

Floyd 118-110.

Comment

Originally posted by Drag-On View Post
          Very true,people like thuggery and other floyd haters on this forum don't have much knowledge about boxing and most of them started to watch boxing after pacquiao beat de la hoya.
          Some of these Floyd "haters" know alot of boxing. Freedom knows his stuff and Thuggery knows boxing, he has his own opinion and that's good for him. Can't hate on him for that, but I'm not only talking about Paul fans, I'm talking about Floyd fans too.

Like that one guy who said Floyd's body shots would make Paul fold. That's just dumb.

Comment

I think against a considerably shorter opponent like Floyd, Paul would have probably used his height advantage; although I wouldn't be surprised if he rushed Floyd with constant pressure either, he was pretty good at cutting off the ring because of his height and long reach.
            I can't really imagine how Floyd would have reacted to Paul's ridiculous stamina and ability to throw over 100 punches each and every single round.

Watch the first 4 rounds against Margarito and how Paul was able to fight him efficiently from the outside.

Comment

Originally posted by inITtoWINit View Post
              His work rate at that size isn't dynamic to you? Alrighty then.

LMAO. Since Sergio KO'd P-Will, he's a hype job? Did you not see their first fight? Sergio only went on to become one of the P4P elite in the sport of boxing.

To even put P-Will in the class of Berto is down right showing bias for Floyd.

I give up. Floyd can't lose a single fantasy match EVER. I bow down to him, and his fan boys. End of discussion. He is the greatest of all time.

You guys have talked him up so much, I now believe it. Thank you guys so much!
              I stopped reading after you said Quintana was durable. He didnt look durable when Cotto was pounding him out in 6 rounds in his first WW fight, or when PWill KOd him in the first. I just dont think PWill is a good fighter technically. Hes tall but fights small. Dont have great feet. Not a huge puncher like say a Manny. Horrible defensively. Hell how many categories is that? When you fight a fighter like Floyd you have to be great at something. By the way Berto and PWill had the same type of record their not the same fighter. PWill might of had more heart but Berto more natural talent.

Comment

Originally posted by inITtoWINit View Post
                ^^^ Which is why I don't think Floyd ever in his life entertained the thought of fighting P-Will. Too many advantages in Paul's favor, and not that many for Floyd.

Edit: In response to my own post.
                Please tell me about those advantages,and don't mention his reach..he proved to us a few times that he's not capable to use that advantage.

Comment

Originally posted by BafanaBafana View Post

Watch the first 4 rounds against Margarito and how Paul was able to fight him efficiently from the outside.

Margarito is flat footed, stood right in front of him. Margarito is a notorious slow starter too.

Comment

Originally posted by BafanaBafana View Post
                    I think against a considerably shorter opponent like Floyd, Paul would have probably used his height advantage; although I wouldn't be surprised if he rushed Floyd with constant pressure either, he was pretty good at cutting off the ring because of his height and long reach.
                    I can't really imagine how Floyd would have reacted to Paul's ridiculous stamina and ability to throw over 100 punches each and every single round.

EXACTLY. I just don't see this Paul Williams losing to Floyd, EVER.

Comment

Originally posted by Drag-On View Post
                      Please tell me about those advantages,and don't mention his reach..he proved to us a few times that he's not capable to use that advantage.
                      Well, seeing that he does know how to use his reach effectively, but you seem to think he's Corralles, I'll just give you that one for ****s and giggles.

Okay. Work rate, chin, pressure, height (huge factor, seeing that Floyd has to punch up at a 6'2 fighter), power, ability to cover more distance, stamina (Floyd likes to back up on the ropes a lot to conserve energy.), having the luxury of not having to run around the ring all night, thus fighting at his own pace, etc.

There's probably more, just can't think of any.

Comment

Working...
                      X