Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Floyd hadn't ducked Paul Williams, what would have been the result?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WARQUEZ View Post
    I'm not a Floyd fan , I'm a realist and I despise hype jobs like Paul.
    Correction. You despise anyone thinking another fighter can beat Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by inITtoWINit View Post
      His work rate at that size isn't dynamic to you? Alrighty then.

LMAO. Since Sergio KO'd P-Will, he's a hype job? Did you not see their first fight? Sergio only went on to become one of the P4P elite in the sport of boxing.

To even put P-Will in the class of Berto is down right showing bias for Floyd.

I give up. Floyd can't lose a single fantasy match EVER. I bow down to him, and his fan boys. End of discussion. He is the greatest of all time.

You guys have talked him up so much, I now believe it. Thank you guys so much!
      Floyd is one of the most talented underachievers in the history of the sport, and I think several fighters would of kicked his ass. Pacquiao being one of them.

You're trying to make an argument for Paul Williams, one of the most overrated hype jobs among the internet fans this past decade.

Sorry but I couldn't take Williams fans seriously in 2007, and I can't do it now. They remind me of Baldomir fans after the Judah fight.

Comment

My brother you should take a look at my recent post history and try that again.

Comment

Originally posted by .Boxeo. View Post
          Corrales chin was never that sturdy IMO

Paul had a Iron chin.

His work rate would be too much for Mayweather to handle and Paul chin will keep Mayweather from having any success of rallying up any momentum.

Easy Paul Williams UD
          Yes,Martinez proved it

Comment

Yeah, but you had to get within range to hit him, and not be afraid to get hit yourself. Carlos Quintana is a crafty, durable southpaw.

Why'd you bold the part about not being afraid of getting hit? That was meant for his opponent. I meant you had to be a southpaw with pop, and not be afraid to get hit, in order to have success on P-Will.

Floyd reaching in on him, would equal Paul landing all night. I'd bank that Paul had more pop than Floyd. The question is, who would hurt the other? I think Paul.
            Floyd wouldn't need to reach in on him. Paul Williams puts himself in range to be hit. He doesn't fight tall. He bends down and extends himself when he throws which puts him in range for counters. As naturally gifted a fighter he was, he made numerous mistakes that a boxer with Floyd's Ring IQ would continuously capitalize off of.

Comment

Nah he's very vocal about Floyd's wrongdoings for the most part. I guess he really feels that Floyd would put a whooping on PWill and that's fine because we all have opinions.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
                Floyd wouldn't need to reach in on him. Paul Williams puts himself in range to be hit. He doesn't fight tall. He bends down and extends himself when he throws which puts him in range for counters. As naturally gifted a fighter he was, he made numerous mistakes that a boxer with Floyd's Ring IQ would continuously capitalize off of.
                That's exactly right,you seem to know your boxing unlike these trolls/floyd haters.

Reach was all paul had but not even that he could use to his advantage,when he got KO'd against martinez he fought like an amateur.

Comment

Shhhh, most of the people in this thread either only seen Paul fight once or twice or actually never had.

They hear other people talking about Paul being this once amazing, and most feared fighter so they just go along with it.

You're dropping too much knowledge my boy.

Comment

Quintana beat him, Martinez should have beaten him the first time, Lara was completely and totally robbed against him. Floyd is more skilled than any of the above, is this really a serious question?

Comment

But those flaws were exposed by guys that got "dirty" with him. You're just assuming Paul comes in and Floyd tags him, end of story. It goes both ways. Which is why I said, you can't be afraid to exchange with him. Of course he made mistakes. So did Ali, Lewis, SRL. That doesn't automatically disqualify him from being able to beat the "great" Floyd Mayweather. He made up for his mistakes with his iron chin, and crazy work rate.

Like I said before, the room for error for Floyd is much smaller than for Paul.

Floyd is a righty. It's always been lefties that have caught him, and gotten his respect (even though, he still pressured you no matter what).

Paul reaching in, would still give him a good amount of distance between him and Floyd's punches.

At then end of the day, Floyd would be the uncomfortable one in the ring. It would look like Floyd/Hatton, except not a bum in there with him.

Edit: Of course Floyd could capitalize off of P-Will's mistakes, but P-Will can do serious damage in the process. I just see it like, for every mistake Paul makes, that Floyd capitalizes on, Paul would have already done twice as much damage, and done considerably more round by round by round.
                      Last edited by Scarcaztic; 02-13-2013, 12:42 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X