Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Floyd hadn't ducked Paul Williams, what would have been the result?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mayweather gonna look real uncomfortable in the fight, trying to buy time holding looking at the ref, running, pot shotting that doesnt slow down williams at all. when flody was ducking p will he was fast , hed prob sleep floyd dhalsim style

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
      That's one of his problems he got hit with anything and everything that came back at him.

Prime Paul Williams is a great fantasy fighter because of his height, reach and workrate. But he wasn't invincible even at 147. He got outboxed by Carlos Quintana.
      Yeah, but you had to get within range to hit him, and not be afraid to get hit yourself. Carlos Quintana is a crafty, durable southpaw.

Why'd you bold the part about not being afraid of getting hit? That was meant for his opponent. I meant you had to be a southpaw with pop, and not be afraid to get hit, in order to have success on P-Will.

Floyd reaching in on him, would equal Paul landing all night. I'd bank that Paul had more pop than Floyd. The question is, who would hurt the other? I think Paul.

Comment

Originally posted by inITtoWINit View Post
        Again. Since when was Floyd an iron chinned southpaw with crazy pop, and not scared at all to get hit???
        So not being scared to get hit makes up for a terrible defense?

Like I said Martinez only made a few slight modifications from the 1st fight and knocked Paul out cold. Look at Williams following Martinez towards his power side, look how Williams is so careless throwing shots just waiting to be countered.

Floyd would humiliate Paul.

Comment

Originally posted by WARQUEZ View Post
          So not being scared to get hit makes up for a terrible defense?

Like I said Martinez only made a few slight modifications from the 1st fight and knocked Paul out cold. Look at Williams following Martinez towards his power side, look how Williams is so careless throwing shots just waiting to be counter.

Floyd would humiliate Paul.
          Like I said before. Since when was Floyd a southpaw with crazy pop, and not scared to get hit???

The bolded is why people don't take Flowmos serious in fantasy match ups. He always has to "humiliate" his opponent. No, he can't just win. He has to win by humiliation. OK BUDDY.......

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Haynes View Post
            5'7" low workrate shoulder rolling Floyd vs 6'2" 100 punchers per round iron chin Paul Williams....

Counter right hand no good for Floyd - Paul's too tall.

Jab to the body - Floyd's not getting out fast enough to not get two pieced.

Right hand to the body - left hook by Paul

So unless you are giving Floyd points for blocking 75% of Paul's punches and landing 10% of his own (non of which have the power to drop him)....

I would say Paul by UD or late stoppage.
            One of Floyd's best, and most underrated punches is his leaping left hook. It'll catch Paul all night long, and Paul doesn't know how to cut the ring well.

Comment

Originally posted by WARQUEZ View Post
              One of Floyd's best, and most underrated punches is his leaping left hook. It'll catch Paul all night long, and Paul doesn't know how to cut the ring well.
              That works when he can get out of range in the blink of an eye. He wouldn't be pulling that cute **** with Paul.

He'd be fighting EXTRA cautious.

So cautious that he wouldn't even think about taking the fight.
              Last edited by Scarcaztic; 02-13-2013, 12:08 AM.

Comment

Williams would have NO clue what to do. If you thought Quintana took him to school I can't even imagine what Floyd does to him. His right hand body shots would keel PWill over.

Comment

Like I said before. Since when was Floyd a southpaw with crazy pop, and not scared to get hit???

The bolded is why people don't take Flowmos serious in fantasy match ups. He always has to "humiliate" his opponent. No, he can't just win. He has to win by humiliation. OK BUDDY.......
                  I'm not a Floyd fan , I'm a realist and I despise hype jobs like Paul.

Comment

You mean the fight right after he got brutally KO'd by Sergio? You mean the same style that's caused him problems his whole career?

No. He's a tall fighter that pressured you with his length. You guys got him and Corralles confused.
                    Coralles had dynamic punching power. I never saw anything dynamic about PWill. He threw a lot of punches. So what he waisted a lot of punches too. Hes like 20 to 25% connect % over his carreer. I look at PWill the way I look at Berto. Both undefeated early against weak opposition. Both exposed when they stepped up in computition.

Comment

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
                      Coralles had dynamic punching power. I never saw anything dynamic about PWill. He threw a lot of punches. So what he waisted a lot of punches too. Hes like 20 to 25% connect % over his carreer. I look at PWill the way I look at Berto. Both undefeated early against weak opposition. Both exposed when they stepped up in computition.
                      His work rate at that size isn't dynamic to you? Alrighty then.

LMAO. Since Sergio KO'd P-Will, he's a hype job? Did you not see their first fight? Sergio only went on to become one of the P4P elite in the sport of boxing.

To even put P-Will in the class of Berto is down right showing bias for Floyd.

I give up. Floyd can't lose a single fantasy match EVER. I bow down to him, and his fan boys. End of discussion. He is the greatest of all time.

You guys have talked him up so much, I now believe it. Thank you guys so much!

Comment

Working...
                      X