Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Floyd hadn't ducked Paul Williams, what would have been the result?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PBP View Post
    The example is work rate =/= winning fights. That's a perfect example of the point I was trying to make. I'm not comparing Floyd to Lara. He outworked Quintana and was ouboxed too.
    Your example of work rate, and effective punches, works when the opponent has the power to keep Paul honest. Floyd doesn't. He walked through Sergio's punches, he'd walk through Floyd's in a heart beat.

Comment

• Originally posted by inITtoWINit View Post
      EXACTLY. Stop with this "P-Will had too many flaws" BS. The main factor in all this is, you had to get down and dirty with him. Not only that. Sergio Martinez hit him with some viscious shots in their first fight, and he kept coming forward, and landing his own brutal shots, and winning most of the rounds.

What in the blue hell is Floyd's little ass going to do? Seriously, stop and think for a minute. I'm weighing out all the advantages for Floyd, and all the advantages for P-Will. In terms of who would be more able to impose their will, it's not even close. A 6'2 pressure fighter with a 78' reach, or a 5'7 counter puncher with a 72' reach. Don't give me that BS about Paul not using his reach. Even when he was mainly a pressure fighter, he'd pressure you with his REACH.

It's like everyone picking Floyd is ONLY looking at Floyd's positives, and making it seem like he's definitely fighting Paul like he would Corralles or Hatton. Then overly diminishing Paul's skills. It's laughable at best, that you could possibly think Floyd holds more advantages in this fight.

You know. Floyd is a human being. Maybe for once in his life, there's a guy out there, that's just a very bad style match up for him??? Ya ever think about that??? No one's saying P-Will skill for skill is a better fighter than Floyd. We're saying he is a stylistic nightmare for Floyd.

Maaaannnn.....
      http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxHGFGiEFVE

Honestly dude you are just sounding border line trollish at this point. Just watch a little bit of this because I honestly don't think you have. Against Quintana Williams literally had no idea what to do with movement, ABSOLUTELY DID NOT have this amazing punch output you guys speak of, displayed laughable defense, and quite frankly looked amateurish when they fought inside.

Once again this is a tough fight for Floyd, but you just sound silly right now trying to convince us PWill smashes Floyd.

Comment

Your example of work rate, and effective punches, works when the opponent has the power to keep Paul honest. Floyd doesn't. He walked through Sergio's punches, he'd walk through Floyd's in a heart beat.
        So dumb dude, people have been making that ******ed "Floyd doesn't have the power to keep him honest" amateur argument for about 15 years now. Just shows you have clearly never stepped in a boxing ring and have a fundamental misunderstanding of the sport.

And maybe we should just throw up the pic of PWill out cold with his eyes wide open on the mat, no he did not walk through Sergio's punches haha.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chopper417 View Post
          http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxHGFGiEFVE

Honestly dude you are just sounding border line trollish at this point. Just watch a little bit of this because I honestly don't think you have. Against Quintana Williams literally had no idea what to do with movement, ABSOLUTELY DID NOT have this amazing punch output you guys speak of, displayed laughable defense, and quite frankly looked amateurish when they fought inside.

Once again this is a tough fight for Floyd, but you just sound silly right now trying to convince us PWill smashes Floyd.
          I re watched it last night. You ever think that maybe Quintana has heart. Not afraid to get hit. SOUTHPAW.

Look at every time, Quintana is successful at landing a shot on Paul. Notice how every time he lands on him, Paul lands a shot on his head right back???

You guys also forget to mention, Quintana laid the blue print on how to beat Paul. He had balls, and wasn't afraid to get dirty with him.

It's not in Floyd's nature to take this kind of fight, nor take punches back, while delivering his own. Hence, why he never fought him in the first place.

You can't put Floyd in Quintana/Lara/Sergio's place, and automatically assume it's the same fight. All those guys had something in common. Balls.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chopper417 View Post
            So dumb dude, people have been making that ******ed "Floyd doesn't have the power to keep him honest" amateur argument for about 15 years now. Just shows you have clearly never stepped in a boxing ring and have a fundamental misunderstanding of the sport.

And maybe we should just throw up the pic of PWill out cold with his eyes wide open on the mat, no he did not walk through Sergio's punches haha.
            And you're doing what most Flowmos do. Giving Floyd credit for another man's dirty work.

P.S. That was the 2nd fight, and that man was a south paw with crazy pop (I've made this statement about 20x's, but Flowmos don't wanna listen). Oh, and that man only went on to become one of boxing's P4P best.

And that statement "Floyd doesn't have the pop to keep a killer honest", still stands, until he fights someone that's not smaller than him, shot to ****s, or is an overall bum. Basically Floyd's resume, minus his LW career.

Comment

You can't put Floyd in Quintana/Lara/Sergio's place, and automatically assume it's the same fight. All those guys had something in common. Balls.

Originally posted by inITtoWINit View Post
              And you're doing what most Flowmos do. Giving Floyd credit for another man's dirty work.

P.S. That was the 2nd fight, and that man was a south paw with crazy pop (I've made this statement about 20x's, but Flowmos don't wanna listen). Oh, and that man only went on to become one of boxing's P4P best.

And that statement "Floyd doesn't have the pop to keep a killer honest", still stands, until he fights someone that's not smaller than him, shot to ****s, or is an overall bum. Basically Floyd's resume, minus his LW career.
              LOL. What does that have to do with anything? We already know Floyd and Williams never met in the ring. This is about how there styles would collide if they were to meet. Has nothing to do with who ducked who, who fought who who had balls, or what not. Nobody is giving credit to Floyd for Quintana's performance. This thread is a fantasy fight that asked us who we think would win and how.

And the only thing people in this thread can say is "chin, reach, workrate, chin reach, workrate, chin, reach workrate". Yes Williams had all of those yet he still managed to get outboxed by a C+ fighter at 147. It has nothing to do with being a southpaw. It had to do with showing movement, staying out of range, inside fighting and sharp counter punching. All skills that a boxer at the world class level should have.

Comment

He did? Last I remember in the second fight when Martinez started sitting down on his punches Paul was on the floor eyes wide open. Doesn't seem like he walked through his punches to me.

Comment

• Its a really tough fight for Floyd he would have to step his activity up more than normal, Paul makes so many mistakes and Floyd would probably land at something around 60% but there is no deterring PWill and IDK if Floyd can significantly cut down Pwilly's volume of activity.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
                    Its a really tough fight for Floyd he would have to step his activity up more than normal, Paul makes so many mistakes and Floyd would probably land at something around 60% but there is no deterring PWill and IDK if Floyd can significantly cut down Pwilly's volume of activity.
                    Bingo. Someone without an agenda. OMFG, god forbid we give P-Will ANY credit. NO, we must only call out P-Will's flaws, and act life Floyd just runs right through him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thaibox View Post
                      He did? Last I remember in the second fight when Martinez started sitting down on his punches Paul was on the floor eyes wide open. Doesn't seem like he walked through his punches to me.
                      Go away ALT.

Comment

Working...
                      X