Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Floyd hadn't ducked Paul Williams, what would have been the result?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone who picked Williams should be ashamed of themselves. Paul's skill level was WAAAAAAY below Floyd's. My friend used to tell me about Williams before I saw him fight. I finally saw him and was not impressed at all. He was sloppy as hell. He was good but nowhere near great or elite. I was going for him in the Martinez rematch but I think Martinez looked at that first fight like how did I even let this be close. Any fighter that Floyd didn't fight is the one that could have beat him. Lol. I can't any of your boxing opinions seriously.

Comment

• I picked P.Williams TKO/KO but in reality it would of been P.Williams UD. P.Williams workrate was brutal at times. I remember when him and Margarito went at it. Didn't one of them set a compubox record? Fraud Jr. couldn't in any way keep of with the workrate and just based off activity, P.Williams would bank rounds all night. Although who knows, he could of snuck in a bomb that maybe would of been lights out for Jr.

Comment

• Paul never really used his height to his advantage. He was a pressure fighter who mostly plowed forward. Floyd would've picked him off with counters.

Comment

• Originally posted by PBP View Post
          Great post. I agree with everything you said 100%.

All these people are citing Williams wins because of work rate, size and chin. If those are your best assets as a world class fighter you will have serious problems against a skilled technician like a Floyd Mayweather.
          Not when that technician is being smothered with too many punches, hell Floyd could barely roll those few that Castillo and Delahoya threw, P Will would have been overkill.

Trust me man, I'm a big Floyd fan, but I'm just stating the truth. Everyone has a match.

Comment

• Originally posted by R1DG3Z View Post
            Paul never really used his height to his advantage. He was a pressure fighter who mostly plowed forward. Floyd would've picked him off with counters.
            Pretty much. People are so dense and clouded by hate that they think Williams would have just stood there like a human windmill and outworked Floyd for a UD. Floyd would have cut his workrate down by a large margin and would have made him hesitant to throw with all the openings for counters he would have presented. I'm almost certain that Mayweather would have found his home on the inside and stayed in the pocket comfortably. Let's remember Williams was outboxed by Carlos Quintana, let that sink in for a while. Williams was pretty overrated, mostly because he took the title of the "Most Feared Man in Boxing" from the equally overrated Margarito.
            Last edited by _original_; 02-13-2013, 12:29 PM.

Comment

Great post. I agree with everything you said 100%.

All these people are citing Williams wins because of work rate, size and chin. If those are your best assets as a world class fighter you will have serious problems against a skilled technician like a Floyd Mayweather.
              I dont care who you are or how skilled you may be you are going to have problems with someone that towers over you. Anyone that thinks floyd would just ride in this type of fight is out their minds. Most tall fighters have their bell rung when they run into a small stocky guy that has the power to take their head off (floyd is not that guy)
              Last edited by Shogunofharlem1; 02-13-2013, 12:38 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BoxingFollower View Post
                Not when that technician is being smothered with too many punches, hell Floyd could barely roll those few that Castillo and Delahoya threw, P Will would have been overkill.

Trust me man, I'm a big Floyd fan, but I'm just stating the truth. Everyone has a match.
                Wide looping punches that land at a 20% rate. And there's more to Floyd than the shoulder roll. He gave Judah and Mosely several different looks.

Look at what Quintana did to that boy in their first fight. It was easy work for him. He danced in and out of range, countered his wild looping punches that land at a 20% rate, countered him when he bent down to over extend himself and worked him on the inside. Floyd would have a field day with this dude.

Castillo and De La Hoya don't make nearly the number of mistakes or are nearly as sloppy and careless as Paul Williams. Nor are they wide the **** open for flush counters in return. You just can't miss him.

Lara landed more punches on Williams with half the output. Work rate doesn't mean ****. Clean punches do.
                Last edited by -PBP-; 02-13-2013, 12:39 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shogunofharlem1 View Post
                  I dont care who you are or how skilled you may be you are going to have problems with someone that towers over you. Anyone that thinks floyd would just ride in this type of fight is out their minds.
                  He towers over you but he bends down and extends himself when he throws his punches making him easy to hit. Despite his height and reach, he did not fight tall and work behind his jab.

Comment

Wide looping punches that land at a 20% rate. And there's more to Floyd than the shoulder roll. He gave Judah and Mosely several different looks.

Look at what Quintana did to that boy in their first fight. It was easy work for him. He danced in and out of range, countered his wild looping punches that land at a 20% rate, countered him when he bent down to over extend himself and worked him on the inside. Floyd would have a field day with this dude.

Castillo and De La Hoya don't make nearly the number of mistakes or are nearly as sloppy and careless as Paul Williams. Nor are they wide the **** open for flush counters in return. You just can't miss him.

Lara landed more punches on Williams with half the output. Work rate doesn't mean ****. Clean punches do.
                    Ok Floyd, I see the point.

Comment

• Originally posted by ELPacman View Post
                      I picked P.Williams TKO/KO but in reality it would of been P.Williams UD. P.Williams workrate was brutal at times. I remember when him and Margarito went at it. Didn't one of them set a compubox record? Fraud Jr. couldn't in any way keep of with the workrate and just based off activity, P.Williams would bank rounds all night. Although who knows, he could of snuck in a bomb that maybe would of been lights out for Jr.
                      No surprise there Pac-queef.

Comment

Working...
                      X