Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bojangles1987
    Quote:

Originally Posted by 1PunchKOPOW!

To some extend. Not so much for Donaire. He got the fan base and promotional company behind him. Rigo is 32 years old and almost no fanbase. If he loses here he will most likely continue fighting (with not as much hype) till his contract is up and that might be the end for him.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

I don't know if Rigondeaux could go to 126 and be successful, I've heard others say he's too small, but as long as he doesn't sh** the bed against Donaire, I think he could recover and win some fights there. He'll probably gain fans in this Donaire fight even if he loses, again as long as he isn't awful. So hopefully this won't just be the end for him if he loses.
    People who's seen him irl will tell you he's too small for FW but he doesn't think so. You can't expect a Rigo fight and expect an exciting fight. I mean, depending on what type of fight style you like. I like a little bit of everything except Vazquez...

Comment

Originally posted by PinoyNation View Post
      Yes, I keep an eye on every single division. Some of them are crap like the heavyweights but I at least try to know who the top guys are at each weight.

I do follow Filipino fighters of course but that doesn't mean that I don't follow the rest of the sport. It's not like I'm just a Pacquiao fan and that's all I know about the sport.
      Then please accept my apologies. Nevertheless, no one can convince me that most people don't focus on certain divisions, usually the ones their favorite fighters are in. You're an exception.

Comment

I dont like how Rigo can be hit with a left hook when he gets cute and turns away. Donaire has a fast one but he does load up on it lately so lets see. I think Rigo's body punching will be the key and Nonitos activity. This fight will probably be determined by a few punches. We'll see if Nonito is able to consistantly get to Rigo and if Rigo will make Nonito clam up in fear of counters. This will probably not be a good fight for the casual.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
          I don't know if Rigondeaux could go to 126 and be successful, I've heard others say he's too small, but as long as he doesn't sh** the bed against Donaire, I think he could recover and win some fights there. He'll probably gain fans in this Donaire fight even if he loses, again as long as he isn't awful. So hopefully this won't just be the end for him if he loses.
          I agree. I believe Rigo's ability to climb divisions is very limited, but he'll be okay if he puts on a good show against Donaire. If he manages to win, it's a whole 'nother ball of wax.

Comment

Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
            I dont like how Rigo can be hit with a left hook when he gets cute and turns away. Donaire has a fast one but he does load up on it lately so lets see. I think Rigo's body punching will be the key and Nonitos activity. This fight will probably be determined by a few punches. We'll see if Nonito is able to consistantly get to Rigo and if Rigo will make Nonito clam up in fear of counters. This will probably not be a good fight for the casual.
            Some nice points.

I've thought the same thing about Nonito's left hook. If he loads up like he does, Rigo should be able to avoid it. Then again, it is fast. As I've already mentioned, and you evidently agree with, Donaire will have his concerns about being tagged with something himself. Guillermo can end a fight with a well-placed shot as well, and he's a mongoose of a counter-puncher.

Comment

Originally posted by NearHypnos
              Those guys Rigo probably knew he had them overmatched. I think Rigo is seasoned enough to know that he can't afford to be doing that in this fight. No room for mistakes.... by EITHER fighter. One mistake can end it all in this fight. Whether its Rigo trying to be cute or Donaire getting stupid trying to load up his bomb like he did with his previous opponents.

Comment

This should be a fun match to watch. I think Rigo is overrated as a pro regardless of his outstanding amateur background. Both being counter punchers could make this a boring type fight but I think Donaire will press and his activity could win the fight. If Rigo does attempt to make a fight out of it, I think Donaire is going to go Matrix on him and time him with a left hook bomb. Should be a on the edge type fight.

Comment

Originally posted by 1PunchKOPOW! View Post
                  Those guys Rigo probably knew he had them overmatched. I think Rigo is seasoned enough to know that he can't afford to be doing that in this fight. No room for mistakes.... by EITHER fighter. One mistake can end it all in this fight. Whether its Rigo trying to be cute or Donaire getting stupid trying to load up his bomb like he did with his previous opponents.
                  Yeah, one of my fears is that Rigo tries to be a little too wary. Being careful is fine, within reason. But I think Donaire will press the action if Guille is too tentative. That, in turn, will give Rigondeaux some chances for counter-shots. The more I think of it, the more I convince myself this fight won't be boring. I can't see Guillermo "pulling a Narvaez."

Comment

Originally posted by ELPacman View Post
                    This should be a fun match to watch. I think Rigo is overrated as a pro regardless of his outstanding amateur background. Both being counter punchers could make this a boring type fight but I think Donaire will press and his activity could win the fight. If Rigo does attempt to make a fight out of it, I think Donaire is going to go Matrix on him and time him with a left hook bomb. Should be a on the edge type fight.
                    I agree with everything but the bold. While Nonito does have a monster counter-hook, he's not exactly a "Matrix" type fighter. He misses a lot with his punches, and he's not exactly elusive. Rigo, on the other hand, is much harder to hit and much more accurate with his shots.

The two main issues in this fight are Donaire's power and Guillermo' chin. I don't think there's much comparison in terms of boxing skill; Rigondeaux is clearly better, in my opinion. But the issues I've mentioned are what make Nonito the favorite in this match-up.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC
                      Quote:

Originally Posted by 1PunchKOPOW!

Yeah, one of my fears is that Rigo tries to be a little too wary. Being careful is fine, within reason. But I think Donaire will press the action if Guille is too tentative. That, in turn, will give Rigondeaux some chances for counter-shots. The more I think of it, the more I convince myself this fight won't be boring. I can't see Guillermo "pulling a Narvaez."
                      You can make a case for Rigo's chin but you can make a case for Donaire's soft core. Also, remember Donaire makes his mistakes and is more vulnerable when pressing the action. This is not the first time a chinny fighter faces a hard puncher and beats him (assuming Rigo wins).

Comment

Working...
                      X