No announcement yet.

Pacquiao paying 39.6 percent in taxes?!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JmH Reborn View Post
    Those taxes fund critical US government agencies, get funneled to the states so they can operate, fund schools, infrastructure, military and more. They are of the benefit of the rich, poor and everyone inbetween.

He doesn't live here, you are right, so he has no obligation, therefore he doesn't have to come here to fight. He can stay in the Philippines and earn his .02 or .03 cents on the dollar and fight on the club scene and live happily ever after.

I mean are we serious here...America made that dude, wtf is he complaining? He would be absolutely nothing, no Hero of Asia, no fighter of the decade, no driving lambos and ferraris, no million dollar estates, no congressman in asia, no walking icon if it wasn't for America. That assh0le should lick the effin floor everytime he gets off of a plane in America. If it wasn't for America, he'd be a mal-nourished dude with fake christianity fighting in a dim lit area with 20 fans.
    You are mad at the wrong person, Bob Arum is the puppet master, he is using Pacquiao's name to attack *****'s tax increase.

Pacquiao loves America I guess you never heard his interview with piers morgan he said America is the best country in the world because of their constitution.

Think deeper man, Arum the sly manipulator is the one who hates the taxes not Pacman, Pac doesn't even know until Arum told him hey Manny dont fight in America they are going to tax you like crazy. Pac probably replied ok boss.

Pacquiao is a basic third world er, if he cared about getting taxed or even money he wouldn't be giving money away like crazy, he doesn't care he even wants the rich in his country to help the poor.

Here is proof that ARum is using Pacquiao, this was from January he used Marquez name and Pac's name but its clear he is the one who doesn't want the fight in America so he doesn't get taxed more, Arum gets paid more money from a Pacquiao fight so that is why he refuses to let Pac fight in Cali and New york, because HE will suffer he is greedy, has nothing to do with Pac not wanting the taxes, Arum told Pac about ti and is probably telling him to tell that to the media.

So a September tangle with Marquez seems most likely, according to Arum. But not in Vegas, and in fact, nowhere in the U.S. Arum said he likes Macau, or maybe Mexico City, for the fight site. Why not do it again in Vegas? "Because close to 40 percent goes to the government," he explained. He said Pacquiao and Marquez are both mindful of the recent jump in the tax rate for top earners, from 35% to 39.6% and share his distaste for the cut the feds would seek to collect. "Enough is enough," said Arum, who did not back President ***** in his fight against Mitt Romney.
    http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/box...wont-be-in-u-s

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
      Manny probably doesn't even care or know about the high taxes, until Bob told him, this seems more like Bob using Manny for his own agenda, Bob is mad at *****;s tax hike and instead of him being mad he uses Pacquiao.
      Am I really reading that ******, ****** comment???? Hard to believe. To paraphrase Don King...... "Only on BoxingScene".

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
        And what separates best interests from greed?
        The fact that they're rich?
        Open a dictionary and find out.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
          What is "Substantially"? You're just giving hypotheticals

They're not going to fight anywhere else. And you're telling me if Floyd got paid 38.5 mil instead of 40 mil, and would fight else where because of that, that isnt greed?

There's real reason to hate the rich, they fcuked up our economy.
          How did the rich F up our economy?

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
            Am I really reading that ******, ****** comment???? Hard to believe. To paraphrase Don King...... "Only on BoxingScene".
            Why is it hard to believe?

So you don't think Arum is using Pacquiao's name for his own agenda? You don't think the reason Arum is saying Pac wants to fight outside the us is really so HE doesn't get more money taken out from his piece of the Pacquiao ppv, his biggest earnings come from Pac fights, so you telling me a guy who has read every article and remembers the past sayings of Arum about pac not fighting in Cali or NY because of taxes, doesnt make me realize his agenda?

If you don't think Arum is using Pacquiao you are foolish, I doubt Pacman gives a crap or even knows anything about this tax stuff, Arum just told him about it and he says ok whatever you say you are my boss.

Pac isn't the brightest bulb.

Comment

How did the rich F up our economy?
              Through OTC Derivatives (Over The Counter) amongst other things. Warren Buffet calls OTC Derivatives -- weapons of financial mass destruction.

Comment

Originally posted by radioraheem View Post
                Through OTC Derivatives (Over The Counter) amongst other things. Warren Buffet calls OTC Derivatives -- weapons of financial mass destruction.
                And what is that?

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
                  Open a dictionary and find out.
                  So what, you taking a better opportunity to make more money is greed?

Comment

You are mad at the wrong person, Bob Arum is the puppet master, he is using Pacquiao's name to attack *****'s tax increase.

Pacquiao loves America I guess you never heard his interview with piers morgan he said America is the best country in the world because of their constitution.

Think deeper man, Arum the sly manipulator is the one who hates the taxes not Pacman, Pac doesn't even know until Arum told him hey Manny dont fight in America they are going to tax you like crazy. Pac probably replied ok boss.

Pacquiao is a basic third world er, if he cared about getting taxed or even money he wouldn't be giving money away like crazy, he doesn't care he even wants the rich in his country to help the poor.

Here is proof that ARum is using Pacquiao, this was from January he used Marquez name and Pac's name but its clear he is the one who doesn't want the fight in America so he doesn't get taxed more, Arum gets paid more money from a Pacquiao fight so that is why he refuses to let Pac fight in Cali and New york, because HE will suffer he is greedy, has nothing to do with Pac not wanting the taxes, Arum told Pac about ti and is probably telling him to tell that to the media.

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/box...wont-be-in-u-s
                    I already addressed that fact in an earlier post, that its probably Arum and Koncz that planted the seed

Its a shame that Pacquiao is not the sharpest pencil in the box and allows his name to be disparaged like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                      Yea why not give all the 1%ers tax exemptions since they all contribute heavily to the economy, that will solve everything

That is the tax rate to fight in the US, it like ~3% higher then it was last year. Nothing is more annoying then wealthy rich people complaining about taxes and money
                      Well...I don't blame them. Just think of it. A guy spends his whole life, training and being bashed around. Real hard physical and mental torment. He gets to where he can make sreal money, and is at the mercy of someone he doen't even know, who, after the guy has just seriously risked his life, for whch he spent months in hard, gruelling training, comes along and takes away $2 of every $5 he gets. If it's said quickly maybe it doesn't sound so much, but it's a huge bite, nearly half of everything he makes.

We've just read that Katsidis has to retire because of bad MRI and CT scan results. I suppose you all know what this means.....?? it means that by the time he's 50 or maybe a lot sooner, he'll be having irreversible mental problems for which no amount of money will be do any good....

It wouldn't be so bad if it were 10-15% which is bearable, but, when we consider what they actually do with the money, apart from paying themselves large salaries and HUGE perks, the waste from ******ity and incompetence, the corruption etc. ...And he can make much more if he goes elsewhere.

I don't blame him or any other boxer. Crippling taxes are only a small, temporary panacea for incompetent governement. Reality will set in when the economy falters, because investment money dries up.

Comment

Working...
                      X