Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ricky Burns fighting Scott Harrison in the summer?.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Typical Frank warren move, him and bob arum are basically the same people..

Comment

Warren would announce that his famous fighter with a belt is fighting so so and so e.g Ricky burns is fighting Vasquez or Ricky Hatton is fighting Sharmba Mitchell only for the fight to "fell through" and blam we've got Ricky Burns-Scott Harrison (alcoholic/prison break).. Or we've got Ricky Hatton- Mike "all joke" Stewart..

Comment

Hopefully not Scott Harrison.

Adrien Broner's manager will never be willing to let Broner fight Burns in the UK.

So Burns should fight someone else like Daniel Estrada or Sharif Bogere.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
          Hopefully not Scott Harrison.

Adrien Broner's manager will never be willing to let Broner fight Burns in the UK.

So Burns should fight someone else like Daniel Estrada or Sharif Bogere.
          I thought Burns and Warren were ok going to the U.S?

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
            I thought Burns and Warren were ok going to the U.S?
            is it any coincidence that Warren's fighters invariably go over to the US for the big fights only after they've parted ways with Warren (Khan, Hatton etc.)?

only thing is, Burns won't leave Warren. they're making a cushy little industry together.

i strongly suspect Broner-Burns won't happen after Burns gets his decision over Vazquez (deserved or not). not a few months after. not a year after. never. i reckon they duck Adrien.

Comment

Originally posted by S. Saddler 1310 View Post
              is it any coincidence that Warren's fighters invariably go over to the US for the big fights only after they've parted ways with Warren (Khan, Hatton etc.)?

only thing is, Burns won't leave Warren. they're making a cushy little industry together.

i strongly suspect Broner-Burns won't happen after Burns gets his decision over Vazquez (deserved or not). not a few months after. not a year after. never. i reckon they duck Adrien.
              No coincidence at all.

I genuinely cannot stand Frank Warren.

I think Burns does want the fight though.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                No coincidence at all.

I genuinely cannot stand Frank Warren.

I think Burns does want the fight though.
                if he wants the Broner fight, assuming he gets his W over Vazquez, he'll demand it from Warren within the year or part ways. otherwise, we can assume he's happy to follow Frank's directorial plans for his career. we'll see what happens.

Comment

Really can't see that happening. Seems to be a credible enough source, but I'm wondering if there is different intentions behind it.

Last I heard, Scott was due in court again so he might not even have a licence.

Even though it's a **** fight, and one which Burns wins with ease, it would sell in Glasgow big time. Apart from that it has nothing going for it.

Ricky wants the Broner fight, and has said so a number of times on national television just to make it clear. If it doesn't happen this year, it will be down to old fish eyes as usual.

Comment

Working...
                  X