Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why all the hate for Cotto?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another thing ts should have pointed out is that as the sports 3rd biggest draw, Cotto fought fighters that the 2 bigger draws wouldn't dare.

Comment

Originally posted by thatdudespits View Post
      vacant because no one wanted to face you... nothing wrong with that... he beat every credible opponent at 140... where was Ricky Hatton? fighting bums and getting his shot against a big name in tszyu (a guy cotto would have KOed for sure).... he fights pinto at 140... a guy who hatton chose not to fight.... an undefeated fighter.... for his vacant welterweight crown again he fights another undefeated fighter in Carlos Quintana (who had just taken Joel Julios 0).... is there shame in facing talented undefeated fighters? keep digging.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Hatton was the underdog and not many was picking him to beat Tyszu, Hatton beats him then suddenly Tyszu retires and is shot.

Miguel Cotto's 140 resume is probably no better than Hattons tbfh and Hatton certainly didn't go life and death with Paulie.

Say what you like but reality is a shot Tyszu is better than any fcuking thing Cotto did at 140.
      Last edited by dan_cov; 02-11-2013, 02:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov
        Quote:

Originally Posted by thatdudespits

vacant because no one wanted to face you... nothing wrong with that... he beat every credible opponent at 140... where was Ricky Hatton? fighting bums and getting his shot against a big name in tszyu (a guy cotto would have KOed for sure).... he fights pinto at 140... a guy who hatton chose not to fight.... an undefeated fighter.... for his vacant welterweight crown again he fights another undefeated fighter in Carlos Quintana (who had just taken Joel Julios 0).... is there shame in facing talented undefeated fighters? keep digging.

Hatton was the underdog and not many was picking him to beat Tyszu, Hatton beats him then suddenly Tyszu retires and is shot.

Miguel Cotto's 140 resume is probably no better than Hattons tbfh and Hatton certainly didn't go life and death with Paulie.

Say what you like but reality is a shot Tyszu is better than any fcuking thing Cotto did at 140.
        When did Cotto go life and death with Paulie? I missed that fight .... i remember cotto fighting paulie when he was undefeated and breaking his cheekbone.... cottos resume at 140 is far greater than hattons... what you speak of sir, is name recognition... boxrec doesnt lie, take a peak for yourself.

Comment

I actually think Cotto get's a lot of love and a bit of over praise at times..He was never ranked that high on the P4P list..His best win was against a good version of Mosley..Never was the Champion of any weight,I don't believe he unified any belts at any weights(if I'm not mistaken)..Lost most of his biggest fights,when the fighter across was of equal boxing I.Q.

Overall I would say Cotto is a B or B+kinda fighter..I think he get's shown the respect he deserves..But let's not over do it..

Comment

because he's a quitter

Comment

Originally posted by thatdudespits View Post
              When did Cotto go life and death with Paulie? I missed that fight .... i remember cotto fighting paulie when he was undefeated and breaking his cheekbone.... cottos resume at 140 is far greater than hattons... what you speak of sir, is name recognition... boxrec doesnt lie, take a peak for yourself.

I think Cotto has a better overall resume,but better 140lb resume??No way bro,Hatton was the Champ at 140lb..Which smashes anything Cotto did there..Hatton's resume is not that bad..

Comment

Why does Cotto get hate?
                You mention something you dislike about Cotto (fouling during Judah fiight), poster of same nationality runs in defense on Cotto mentioning his **** size...

Comment

He just needs to stop being a lazy ass and move down to 147 so he can tear **** up again.

Comment

i cant hate on cotto because hes always faced the best out there and gave it all. thats why he gets my respect......

Comment

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
                      I actually think Cotto get's a lot of love and a bit of over praise at times..He was never ranked that high on the P4P list..His best win was against a good version of Mosley..Never was the Champion of any weight,I don't believe he unified any belts at any weights(if I'm not mistaken)..Lost most of his biggest fights,when the fighter across was of equal boxing I.Q.

Overall I would say Cotto is a B or B+kinda fighter..I think he get's shown the respect he deserves..But let's not over do it..
                      This.

Cotto was just a good contender at three different divisions, fought some of the best opposition available but came up short. He was never a champion at any weight class and 3 out of 4 of his titles were vacant; the only exception came against an injured Yuri Foreman who may have been the weakest titleholder at 154. I do give him credit for the tough fights he took in his career and feel that very few fighters could go through his resume undefeated.

Comment

Working...
                      X