Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has Mayweather lost his p4p spot?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You make a great point, I've dropped him in my P4P rankings simply due to inactivity so yea, he's definitely lost the top spot on my list.

Comment

Mayweather still #1 for me. He's the best fighter in the world, IMO.

Ward openly feels the same if I recall correctly.

Comment

Floyd still No.1 for me but Ward is pushing very hard.

Comment

When i think p4p i think best fighter period regardless of weight and that is Andre Ward.

Comment

He's still the best fighter in the world in my opinion but Andre Ward has a better body of work lately.

Comment

Still number one in my book.

Comment

Cotto didn't push Floyd. Cotto landed jabs that busted his nose. Floyd won comfortably.

Comment

Depends on what you base the argument on...

Ward has been more active, but his body of work consists on what he's done from '09 forward.

In that time span, Floyd, although only fighting 4 times, still has wins over good opponents (the p4p #2, and the top 147 and 154 guys, and Ortiz)

But Floyd's resume in title fights goes back to the late nineties, when Ward was just entering high school, and you just can't ignore that.

As long as Floyd is active and winning fights, it's unlikely he will lose that spot until he retires.

Comment

I think he has that spot belongs to Ward.

Comment

Originally posted by RlCKY View Post
                      Depends on what you base the argument on...

Ward has been more active, but his body of work consists on what he's done from '09 forward.

In that time span, Floyd, although only fighting 4 times, still has wins over good opponents (the p4p #2, and the top 147 and 154 guys, and Ortiz)

But Floyd's resume in title fights goes back to the late nineties, when Ward was just entering high school, and you just can't ignore that.

As long as Floyd is active and winning fights, it's unlikely he will lose that spot until he retires.
                      yeah and if you believe mosley and cotto were the best at their weight classes you probably don't know sh-it about boxing!

Comment

Working...
                      X