Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is floyd success due to the culture he appeals to, lack of intellect?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What was that interview with a vegas oddsmaker on here a couple of months ago? "People who go to Mayweather fights have more money to spend here than people at Pacquiao fights do."

All this poor broke shoeless ghetto folks taking the bus to see Floyd fight somehow have more money to spend on vacation than any other fighter's fans.

Comment

Originally posted by ElBossHogg™ View Post
      You obviously are not here to discuss this thread in a respectful manner. You are here to insult me, I am sorry this thread effected you so emotionally, however I did not insult you once and I believe i deserve the same respect. Have some class my friend.
      Epic post sir. You are without a doubt the biggest race bait troll on Boxingscene. Your little homie Maniac is decent but you take it to another level.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
        What was that interview with a vegas oddsmaker on here a couple of months ago? "People who go to Mayweather fights have more money to spend here than people at Pacquiao fights do."

All this poor broke shoeless ghetto folks taking the bus to see Floyd fight somehow have more money to spend on vacation than any other fighter's fans.
        I was going to say, if Floyd's fans were so broke then surely they wouldn't be ordering the amount of PPVs they do.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post

Just to play the devils advocate, the people who go to Floyd fights aren't the majority of his fans. If they were, his fanbase would be tiny.

I'm not surprised about the Pacquiao thing. A lot of filipinos go to watch him, and their country isn't known to be a rich, economic power. So being richer than the average Pacquiao fan who goes to his fights, isn't the same as being the richest out of all fight go-ers.

But i'd argue money has little to do with it. There's richer and poorer parts of all cultures. PPV's once or maybe twice a year isn't going to break most people. Doesn't necessarily mean they are different, nor does it mean money is an indicator of support for Floyd.

I don't agree with the TS conclusion though. I'd probably say HBO as much to do with it, than anything

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
            the TS should be banned for being a racist.

it'd be a shame if the mods could not realize this guy is a racist. these sorts of posts are the only ones he makes.
            He makes amazing sigs too. That's gotta count for something.

Comment

Yea your right about that. If Joe Louis or Ali had fought old has been's or little light heavyweights who called them out and retired and un-retired to avoid top notch fighters in their prime they would have been bombarded with rotten eggs. But because our schools have been dumb down and MTV glorifying gangster rap Thugs were left with idiots who have ******ed brains who are easily manipulated by people like Floyd Mayweather.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                Let him live. He said it's a serious discussion so let's see if he has anything concrete to back up his points or if he's just looking to bait others to help his own insecurities this Saturday. I bet his aliases/alts will be all over to help his argument .
                I don't know if its resentment, racism, ignorance, jealousy, admiration, plain trolling or a combination of each. But I guess he feels the need to use this forum as a platform to express his insecurities with respect to certain races and cultures.

Unfortunately, the sport of boxing has been plagued with this type of racism and biggotry for many years so this is nothing new.

But it's best not to get into a back and forth on these subjects with these types of people because they have no knowledge of or experience living with the races and cultures they continuously try to degrade. Basically, they watch a music video or read the news and pass judgement based on what they see and read.
                Last edited by -PBP-; 02-09-2013, 01:02 PM.

Comment

I think it is safe to say that not all, but the majority of Floyd Mayweather Jr. fans are Floyd Mayweather Jr. fans, not boxing fans. And I do think the majority of his fans happen to be in the "urban ghetto culture". Those are not only black people, but Latinos, whites, and etc., that are all about "getting money", having "swag", "getting p***y" and ignorant stuff like that. Floyd Mayweather Jr. appeals to them. It'd be nice if Floyd attracted real fans of boxing, but the fans he attracts won't care about him or boxing as soon as he loses or retires.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
                    I don't know if its resentment, racism, ignorance, jealousy, admiration, plain trolling or a combination of each. But I guess he feels the need to use this forum as a platform to express his insecurities with respect to certain races and cultures.

Unfortunately, the sport of boxing has been plagued with this type of racism and biggotry for many years so this is nothing new.

But it's best not to get into a back and forth on these subjects with these types of people because they have no knowledge of or experience living the races and cultures they continuously try to degrade. Basically, they watch a music video or read the news and pass judgement based on what they see and read.
                    so even with me clearing it up you somehow think this post is racism

Originally posted by ElBossHogg™ View Post
                    So you saying BET is only watched by black people? or is it watch by the urban ghetto culture that is present in puerto ricans communties, cuban communities, mexican communities, black communities, even in white communities.? your are too narrow minded my friend.
                    the hyprocisy because a subject matter offends you, doesn't mean it racist.

reminds me of some poster calling me racist cause I wont buy some ppv if I think the fighters will be boring LOL. You just see it as racist cause you chose too.

Comment

wait, this isn't really racist. i know limey english people who love mayweather.stay up to watch him at like 4 am, all that stuff.

not sure how ghetto or urban is a race it's racist for saying that

Comment

Working...
                      X