Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is floyd success due to the culture he appeals to, lack of intellect?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ElBossHogg™ View Post
    alot of time and effort went into them teens and they are only a few out million of urban children.

http://www.afro.com/sections/news/af...?storyid=75319

a·nom·a·ly
    Noun
    Something that deviates from what is standard, normal, or expected.
    pot meet kettle. you don't think Mexican fighters benefit from their nationality? Imagine if Canelo were Peruvian, let's see where he'd be now.

Comment

alot of time and effort went into them teens and they are only a few out million of urban children.

http://www.afro.com/sections/news/af...?storyid=75319

a·nom·a·ly
      Noun
      Something that deviates from what is standard, normal, or expected.
      Is the bolded something that we are not obligated to afford our youth? Hopefully Im missing your point.
      Last edited by Chief2ndzOnly!; 02-09-2013, 08:27 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chief2ndzOnly! View Post
        I know what anomaly means dude. I mearly forgot the "s" on "Whats", which is the reason my statement ended with a question mark, as in "What is it that YOU consider as the anomaly?" These are not the execptions to the "rule" so to speak, as there are thousands upon thousands of bright minds in our "urban/******" communities. There are thousands of "urban/******" youths who graduate high school, and obtain scholarships to universities across the United States. Just because there is no press behind it does not mean it does not exist.

As I stated before. Your use of the terms "****** and or urban" are no longer applicable. Find another term to properly convey your thoughts for the sake of accuracy if nothing else.
        I used the terms loosely, those who want to knit pick at the terms used and such have their own agenda, which I don't concern myself with cause let them cry and moan about politically correctness of the terms cause or whatever they want because I am here to discuss the meat and potatoes of it.

Like I stated in my OP the terms I used apply to all race and of course to blanketly label the urban communities that span all races as unintellectuals will be absurd and irresponsible of me, which is why I added the term ******. The Urban ****** Culture (KEYWORD CULTURE not geographical location/racial demographic) are the ones who embrace the ****** lifestyle, the thuglife lifestyle or what have you and this demographic is the one who support mayweather in abundance and defends him at every turn.
        Last edited by ElBossHogg™; 02-09-2013, 07:01 PM.

Comment

I used the terms loosely, those who want to knit pick at the terms used and such have their own agenda, which I don't concern myself with cause let them cry and moan about politically correctness of the terms cause or whatever they want because I am here to discuss the meat and potatoes of it.

Like I stated in my OP the terms I used apply to all race and of course to blanketly label the urban communities that span all races as unintellectuals will be absurd and irresponsible of me, which is why I added the term ******. The Urban ****** Culture (KEYWORD CULTURE not geographical location) are the ones who embrace the ****** lifestyle, the thuglife lifestyle or what have you and this demographic is the one who support mayweather in abundance and defends him at every turn.
          What is this "Culture" of which you speak? And who is it applicable to? I am assuming that it extends outside the confines of the "******/Urban" areas, and is very much entrenched in the "Burbs" as well. In order to get to the "meat and potatoes" if you will. We 1st must be able to discern who we are indeed targeting wouldn't you say?

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by wizard king View Post
              Broners and may weathers of the world are an embarrassment to the black community. Black educated people just shake thier head at ignorant people like may. No black person who is educated support people like that.
              I had someone tell me that before, it might be true.

And it's kinda funny seeing all the people cry racism in here, since when does "uneducated ****** youth" mean black people? It could be anyone.

Comment

• You see, only racists get mad at someone like Floyd instead of letting it inspire them to get more money themselves.

We dont get mad at him being "arrogant", thats just you projecting your insecurity on him. To those of us with a backbone, it's motivation..we findin paths to that money and women and you losers cant stand it.

Why should I listen to these grown men on the board who wants to tell me its not about money?? chances are that old man is BROKE.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chief2ndzOnly! View Post
                  What is this "Culture" of which you speak? And who is it applicable to? I am assuming that it extends outside the confines of the "******/Urban" areas, and is very much entrenched in the "Burbs" as well. In order to get to the "meat and potatoes" if you will. We 1st must be able to discern who we are indeed targeting wouldn't you say?
                  I have already cleared that up, those who embrace and glamorize the "****** lifestyle" "thug life lifestyle" etc etc, yes it spans outside the confine of the "******/Urban geographical area", it is a CULTURE.

Culture: Culture is the set of ideas, behaviors, attitudes, and traditions that exist within large groups of people (usually of a common religion, family, or something similar).

and this Culture does not have a emphasis on education, that is not one of the selling points to this "****** lifestyle" "Thuglife Lifestyle" that the Urban ****** Culture embraces.

Now to my Original Question and why this thread was made.

Is floyd success due to the culture he appeals to, lack of intellect?

Before floyd turned into "Money Mayweather" (who has been fully embraced by this Urban ****** Culture) he couldn't sell tickets, he was unliked and he wasnt nearly as successful as he is now and none of the Urban ****** Culture cared for or was a fan of Pretty Boy Floyd.

Enter Money Mayweather in the De La Hoya Fight he changed into this persona and sold a image that the Urban ****** Culture would love and he turned into a superstar. With out the "Money Mayweather" persona he wouldn't have had the Urban ****** Culture support as he would just be a plain boring fighter and suffer the faith he was suffering when he was "Pretty Boy Floyd"

So again my question is - Is floyd success due to the culture he appeals to, lack of intellect?

Comment

So in closing if this urban ****** culture had some class and dignity do you think he would have been embraced so lovingly and if not would he not be half as successful as he is today?
                    You're the same guy that defended Margarito in that thread about his plaster wraps. You claim there was a legit explanation to all the plaster of Paris ingredients in his wraps...

Comment

• Originally posted by KayDub View Post
                      You're the same guy that defended Margarito in that thread about his plaster wraps. You claim there was a legit explanation to all the plaster of Paris ingredients in his wraps...
                      I dont know what you are talking about and that has nothing to do with this thread so kindly fuck off

Comment

Working...
                      X