Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I like golovkin but why fight a guy with 2 consecutive losses?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
    Lol, so the answer is in the promoters huh? That still doesn't explain it. I mean he was Sturms mando we all know that, But like I said Sturm wasn't the only world class middleweight. And he wasn't always Sturms mando was he? U telling me he couldn't do more that wait for a shot at sturm? And now it telling me he can't do more than take stay busy fight after stay busy fight? Well i guess should just give up on his career rite now huh?
    How about you list all these other fighters he could have just fought???

This should be fun

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
      Now its Golovkins fault for going after the top guy in the division. Why is Broner fighting Rees then? Fighters must now earn fights? Explain Broner facing Rees then, how has he earned this fight? Yea he didnt.

And no he couldnt fight anyone else, the WBA controlled who he fought and if he tried to face someone, they would drop him off the rankings and remove him from the mando spot. Thats how boxing operates, top guys get protected and the lower guys screwed over to protected them.
      Ok and? The WBA drops him. Who the hell cares? And why is broner fighting Rees? Because he went after two top guys and it fell thru. So he took a stay busy fight, **** fight but at least he's not coming off another stay busy fight

Comment

Ok and? The WBA drops him. Who the hell cares? And why is broner fighting Rees? Because he went after two top guys and it fell thru. So he took a stay busy fight, **** fight but at least he's not coming off another stay busy fight
        Vazquez was available

Comment

No what's funny is how nothing is ever the guys fault, it's not his fault sturm ducked him, he isn't the only one sturm ducked tho. Yet many of the others did just fine without him. Goolovkin has been waiting his whole career, fighting these stay busy fights. It's time to move. He had to make something happen and proksa ain't it. Same **** with Pirog and ppl kept giving him the same passes. Now where the hell is Pirog again?
          Its not the guys fault. You dont know the story behind Golovkin and have some kind of dumb biased against guys rising in their 30s. Read up on Golovkin his problems with the WBA and his promoter in the last few years. He couldnt fight the top guy and was getting fcuked over by not only the WBA but also his own Promoter. But i guess that Golovkins fault too. Next you're gonna say golovkin should have predicted the future and never sign with that promoter or started his career as a free agent

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
            wow if you can't answer the question then just say so, don't just recycle what you already posted three or four times now.

I'll give you a hint - they shared the same promoter. That promotional companies star fighter was Felix Sturm. Rather than having Sturm fight (and lose) to his mandatory fighter in Golovkin, they dicked Golovkin around wasting his time. Thus the reason Golovkin eventually split since he was treated like dirt. It was a nasty separation with legal battles and lawsuits involved.

Next time you want to talk about something at least try to understand the background information first.
            I know who the damn promoter is. What I don't know is why one waits to be handed a fight they know they aren't likely to get. U trying to be a smart ass about it doesn't excuse the fact that golovkins career is moving at a snails pace but apparently it's everyone's fault but his own. Just like Pirog, just like Butes, just like most Eastern bloc fighters but the klitchskos

Comment

Originally posted by MJ223 View Post
              Vazquez was available
              True, but that's not a fight that was pursued. And that's ok as long as it happens down the line and as long as broners next fight is a legit top fighter.

Comment

I know who the damn promoter is.
                No you didn't. You probably still don't. Who was the promoter? Cuz obviously you didn't know the background.

What I don't know is why one waits to be handed a fight they know they aren't likely to get.
                We literally just went over this. His promoter was wasting his time, keeping him sidelined, not giving him the big fights.

Comment

THe WBA is not the only problem, thats just part of it. THey did the same **** to Ajose, the WBC tho. His main issue was with his promoter and you cant fight with your promoter fcuking you over

He took a stay busy fight even tho he didnt try making the fight the 2nd best fight with Vasquez, who was available. He couldnt get the Burns so Rees is the obvious 2nd choice and then that automatically becomes a "stay busy" fight. Whats he staying busy for? Why not fight Vasquez?

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                    Its not the guys fault. You dont know the story behind Golovkin and have some kind of dumb biased against guys rising in their 30s. Read up on Golovkin his problems with the WBA and his promoter in the last few years. He couldnt fight the top guy and was getting fcuked over by not only the WBA but also his own Promoter. But i guess that Golovkins fault too. Next you're gonna say golovkin should have predicted the future and never sign with that promoter or started his career as a free agent
                    Not what i said. Not at all. At the end of the day, fighters have to build themselves up. Waiting til 30 is not ideal. It's just not. U guys will just keep waiting for these guys to make a splash and it won't come. U will keep making excuses until they disappear or they step up n get exposed because they have been fighting at the euro level for too long. If its not golovkins fault, then when the hell will it be? After his next stay busy?i guess so.

Comment

I know who the damn promoter is. What I don't know is why one waits to be handed a fight they know they aren't likely to get. U trying to be a smart ass about it doesn't excuse the fact that golovkins career is moving at a snails pace but apparently it's everyone's fault but his own. Just like Pirog, just like Butes, just like most Eastern bloc fighters but the klitchskos
                      WHat part of Natas "promoter was fcuking him over and had him sitting" didnt you understand? You question people's knowledge of boxing but expect Golovkin to just "fight better guys" when his own promoter is fcuking him over and sitting him down? Learn boxing guy

Comment

Working...
                      X