Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team Alexander To Floyd Mayweather: Keep Your Word!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by toshmurph View Post
    Bwahahahah!! No way in hell does Mayweather mean that! And I'm sorry but if Devon Alexander is carrying the sport of boxing he's gonna be carrying a coffin! Because boxing will be dead before he's the face of it, we have a better chance of Andre Dirrell being the face of boxing than Devon and his terrible moustache!
    I'm being serious. Devon is from St. Louis and Floyd is from Lansing. You can see how close they were......

Floyd has followed Devon his entire career. Before Devon lost to Tim, Floyd said that Alexander would be the #1p4p boxer in the world and carry the sport when he retired. Floyd actually said that, I don't think Devon is all that but Floyd really said that about Devon.

Comment

Originally posted by Lorily View Post
      Good Lord. Team Alexander ALWAYS equals = Kevin Cunningham is saying something. By the way that it's always Kevin whose doing all the talking, you'd think that Kevin was the fighter and Devon was the trainer.

Cunningham saw major $$$ signs when Mayweather mentioned his, whoops, I mean DEVON's name. He wants that career high TRAINERS fee.
      LOL...Kevin Cunningham vs. Roger Mayweather >>>>>> Devon vs. Floyd hands down.

Comment

What's up with all this drama? I'll tell you. Floyd is an attention whore. Sign to fight someone already you idiot!

Comment

Originally posted by toshmurph View Post
          Bwahahahah!! No way in hell does Mayweather mean that! And I'm sorry but if Devon Alexander is carrying the sport of boxing he's gonna be carrying a coffin! Because boxing will be dead before he's the face of it, we have a better chance of Andre Dirrell being the face of boxing than Devon and his terrible moustache!
          Believe it or not, Mayweather actually did make that statement about Devon years ago. Something to the effect that Devon would be the one to carry the torch after he was gone. I think it might've been around the time Alexander K.O. Urango.

Comment

well thats rich coming from you considering you have already signed to fight brook. alexanders squeaky trainer just wants a payday.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
              LOL...Kevin Cunningham vs. Roger Mayweather >>>>>> Devon vs. Floyd hands down.
              I like the one someone else here said earlier about Cunningham - Pops Garcia. Or better yet, Pops Garcia - Roger Mayweather. Roger could start and finish every sentence with ma****r and Garcia could spout off at him in half english, half spanish. Splanglish. We wouldn't be able to understand either of em, but the videos would be h-i-l-f-u-k-n-l-a-r-i-o-s.

Comment

Believe it or not, Mayweather actually did make that statement about Devon years ago. Something to the effect that Devon would be the one to carry the torch after he was gone. I think it might've been around the time Alexander K.O. Urango.
                see, I knew at least a few more people besides me remembered that

Comment

i find it interesting that floyd is calling out alexander, not very typical for him to do that. apparently he's not very happy with guerrero or whomever else and is working on other options. i guess if he wants alexander he'll find a way to get him.

Comment

honestly, if mayweather fights alexander, i hope no fcuker buys it because that would be a fcuking joke. the fans need to take a stand and say no to this ****. im sure you will still have the usual guys like larry who will buy any fight mayweather fights in regardless of who he fights, but for the real boxing fans out there, DO NOT BUY THIS ****.

Comment

Yup, I remember it too. I didn't see it in Devon but I put stock in Floyd's opinion on things strictly boxing related. I think that quote set the bar a little too high for Devon in my mind and almost every fight since then I've been more and more disappointed. Now that he has shifted into strategically spoiling the action of fights I've taken him off my radar as a top fighter, he still lingers though....I think he can do better, but he hasn't and those are THE most frustrating fighters to follow.

One of the primary reasons I don't want to see Floyd-Alexander is because of the statement and I can smell a "close" controversial decision.
                      Last edited by LA_2_Vegas; 02-08-2013, 09:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X