No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Schaefer: Alexander Facing Brook, No Mayweather Talks

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
    That's 100% false and fabricated. There is no 4 million dollar demand from Guerrero, fact.
    Actually you are wrong. Jeff Mayweather said this was the case and this video is on Floyd's facebook page http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7djxI...ature=youtu.be

Comment

Originally posted by rogdogx View Post
      Actually you are wrong. Jeff Mayweather said this was the case and this video is on Floyd's facebook page http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7djxI...ature=youtu.be
      Still just a rumour at this point.

But the fact Mayweather himself re-posted it means there is likely some truth to it.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
        That's 100% false and fabricated. There is no 4 million dollar demand from Guerrero, fact.
        how are you so categorically sure on that, what's the source?

Comment

i can imagine Guerrero haggling for 4 milli, to be honest. his sense of entitlement seems ridiculously inflated. and i think he just wants to cash out, doesn't really believe he can win. that's what ultimately makes him as uninspiring an option for Mayweather as Alexander, in my eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
            Still just a rumour at this point.

But the fact Mayweather himself re-posted it means there is likely some truth to it.
            Exactly. So Floyd's twitter announcement saying Alexander is the leading candidate is just a negotiating ploy to get Guerrero to take the 2.5 mil. Ortiz took that deal but Ortiz was 24. Guerrero has been in the game longer at 29 and is the only legit welterweight that isn't under contract for a fight (jmm been there done that, pacquiao top rank). Floyd's PPV success has atleast been partially attributed to Canelo being on the undercards. You take Canelo off and Floyds PPV numbers take a drop. Floyd has mexican fight fans buying his fights. So Guerrero has a little clout to demand a bit more on Cinco de Mayo weekend. Floyd is smart he knows Mayweather-Alexander will sell significantly less than Mayweather-Guerrero. Who else is Floyd going to fight since he already stated this will be a welterweight fight? Lets look at the available opponents in GBP stable. Lucas Matthysse is availabe, Paulie Malignaggi, Amir Khan and Marcos Maidana. The only attractive fight there is Lucas Matthysse moving up from 140.

I guess you could throw Keith Thurmans name as a legit welter but he is really just a prospect not at the level of the other guys mentioned above until he beats one of them.
            Last edited by rogdogx; 02-08-2013, 09:49 PM.

Comment

Guerrero should thank the dearth of established quality contenders at welterweight that he's even being considered for a fight with Mayweather. accept the money or piss off, Robert.

Comment

Good, that'd be pathetic

Comment

This is good news because God knows I didn't wanna see Alexander.

Comment

LOL Garcia or Alexande next for Floyd

Comment

what are haters going to do now haha

Comment

Working...
                      X