Comments Thread For: Schaefer: Alexander Facing Brook, No Mayweather Talks

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
    I wouldn't get happy yet.

Mayweather just posted that video of Jeff Mayweather on his Facebook which means that I imagine what Jeff is saying in the video is true.

Which means Guerero is playing hardball with the money.
    Still, this means no Alexander, right? Mayweather was just pranking us or something, right?

Please let this mean no Alexander...

Comment

Originally posted by Ashy Larryx View Post
      lmfao,are you serious or trolling?
      He has to be trolling. He has been at this in every Floyd thread non stop. Then when Floyd chooses RG he will act like he never called Floyd a coward for ducing him.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
        Still, this means no Alexander, right? Mayweather was just pranking us or something, right?

Please let this mean no Alexander...
        I'm not sure yet

I think IF Guererro still continues to refuse the 2.5 Million then we will get Mayweather-Alexander.

He's basically the back up opponent/Guy they're using to say to Guererro "If you don't accept the 2.5 then we will go elsewhere".

Because as sad as it is, if Guererro say's no then I think Mayweather will fight Alexander.

Comment

What people who are talking about what a "terrible opponent" Alexander would be for Floyd aren't realizing is that most of the people that attend and buy Floyd's ppvs aren't hardcore fight fans. Most wouldn't know Guerrero or Alexander if they were sitting in the table across from them at a resturant. And for Floyd's fanbase, a black fighter who holds a belt might be more sellable than a hispanic coming in as a contender. What threw the monkey wrench is the IBF not approving the fight. Because without the "unification" angle, Guerrero on Cinco de Mayo weekend may be more marketable.

From a boxing standpoint, while more deserving IMO, Guerrero isn't light years ahead of Alexander. Guerrero beat Berto. Whoop-t-dooo. The guy got handled by Orlando Salido. Yeah, Salido tested positive for PEDs. But let's be real. About midway through Floyd-Ghost, all of Floyd haters are gonna flood forums like this one citing, "Floyd's beating up a blown up featherweight that was nothing to scream about in that division.". So even from a boxing standpoint, not much difference between a Guerrero or Alexander fight.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
            Nobody is signed to fight anybody as of today and GBP, Ellerbe, Haymon and Floyd are all on a different page.
            They can't agree on who will bring the biggest reward ($ money $) with the least amount of risk (easiest opponent).

It's a complicated formula but I thought, Floyd and his team would have that down pact by now!

Comment

Smh

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
              I'm not sure yet

I think IF Guererro still continues to refuse the 2.5 Million then we will get Mayweather-Alexander.

He's basically the back up opponent/Guy they're using to say to Guererro "If you don't accept the 2.5 then we will go elsewhere".

Because as sad as it is, if Guererro say's no then I think Mayweather will fight Alexander.
              He will fight Guerrero and I don't blame him for turning down the 2.5 mil either .. Floyd needs Guerrero to make a killin on cinco de mayo weekend he's gonna have to kick in some more .. There absolutely no way Alexander gets this fight , not on cinco de mayo that's for sure

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
                Schaefer blew his cover and contradicted what Floyd said. Floyd was BSing and Schaefer exposed that. That makes Floyds attempt to decieve the public, very feeble and transparent.
                That may not be true. Keep in mind, Richard Schaefer is not the one responsible for paying the fighter. The fighter is getting his check cut directly from Floyd Mayweather. And since Floyd is footing the bills for most of the event, the opponent can be virtually anybody and Schaefer can be left out of the loop til the last minute. Especially when you add that both fighters have the same manager.

Comment

Originally posted by aces725 View Post
                  He will fight Guerrero and I don't blame him for turning down the 2.5 mil either .. Floyd needs Guerrero to make a killin on cinco de mayo weekend he's gonna have to kick in some more .. There absolutely no way Alexander gets this fight , not on cinco de mayo that's for sure
                  A payday of $2.5 million would be the highest amount Guerrero receives in his career to date. His last payday with Berto was at $1 million, and that mostly happened because Berto was quite desperate for a solid opponent. Guerrero doesn't have a huge following, hasn't headlined a PPV, he is not Miguel Cotto, etc.

Comment

according to floyd facebook its true!

Comment

Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
                      They can't agree on who will bring the biggest reward ($ money $) with the least amount of risk (easiest opponent).

It's a complicated formula but I thought, Floyd and his team would have that down pact by now!
                      There are no risks at 147. Only money. He has 2 world champions to choose from. He's going to make the decision that's best for business for Floyd Mayweather.

Comment

Working...
                      X