• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bobby Shmurda View Post
    I love bumped threads

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Stokes View Post
      Mayweather cultists use the same line of argument with relation to the gloves that he forced on Maidana, to which I respond with this: if it wasn't such a big deal, why request/make these stipulations in the first place?
      Why do some fighters request a bigger ring? Why do some fighters request to be introduced last even though they're not the champion? Why do some fighters only fight in stadium for their bulk of their careers? Why do some fighters demand a catchweight?

If you're the one calling the shots then you can do these things. Period.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
        Same with Shane.

A fight Floyd will duck, after he wins, excuses.
        Same with Ricky Hatton. Even Brian Kenny tried to hate on Floyd life on an ESPN broadcast. Kenny basically told the viewing public that Floyd will never fight an undefeated juggernaut like Ricky Hatton...

The list goes on and on...

I'm not amazed by the hate though. Par for the course for SOME champs.

Comment

Ouch. He walked right into that.

Comment

honestly with the gloves, the first pair did seem to be padded wrong. there have even been industry guys who complained about the padding on the mx gloves. after that, i think mayweather just wanted to control the situation. the catch weight was another way from him to control the situation. which he did. canelo doesnt belong at 154, period. he fights there so that he can fight smaller guys. yet, with that said, draining himself, even as he does now, hes still tone of the top 3 fighters in that weight class. floyd completely outclassed him.

So he controlled the situation by diminishing the only threats his opponent posed, thus creating an advantage for himself?

Comment

LOL @ these fools saying Chino could only win with a certain kind of glove. Poor Erik Morales. I'm wondering how he felt when Pacquiao made him switch gloves...after Erik had decisively beaten him

It's a minor issue, people. Move on.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                Ouch. He walked right into that.

To be fair, "he" had already been KO'ed before.... lol

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                  And people are doing this again with Khan. I mean, do these people not see how desperately Mayweather would love to fight Khan if he can get away with it? Khan almost landed the fight for despite doing absolutely nothing this year. If they didn't understand that Mayweather wanted to fight Alvarez, I guess they wouldn't understand that Mayweather wants to fight Khan.

All that leads to is threads like this to bump a year later.
                  Yep but this time, Khan is the fight I don't want to see regardless of how ****** people will look after Mayweather dismantles him. It's such a meaningless fight.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                    LOL @ these fools saying Chino could only win with a certain kind of glove. Poor Erik Morales. I'm wondering how he felt when Pacquiao made him switch gloves...after Erik had decisively beaten him

It's a minor issue, people. Move on.
                    lol, now that hurts.

Comment

• Originally posted by WESS View Post
                      To be fair, "he" had already been KO'ed before.... lol

Comment

Working...
                      X